Need a good toilet session!

Options

Replies

• starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    My sister and her husband make their own probiotic. It is a weird looking mushroom jelly thing floating in a huge jug. I had this problem a few months ago and she brought over two cups of it and we drank it like a shot. OMG she should sell that stuff! By the next morning I felt like a new human. Of course the hallucinations were a added bonus ;)
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I vote for exercise, water, insoluble fiber and fats, as well as a magnesium supplement before bed.
    My sister and her husband make their own probiotic. It is a weird looking mushroom jelly thing floating in a huge jug. I had this problem a few months ago and she brought over two cups of it and we drank it like a shot. OMG she should sell that stuff! By the next morning I felt like a new human. Of course the hallucinations were a added bonus ;)

Kombucha. It's tasty. :)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Are you on a 1200 calorie diet by any chance? Decreased food volume can change your toilet habits. If all is normal except for the frequency you really shouldn't worry. If you are finding it hard to go when you feel the urge, I swear by rice bran. I add a few tablespoons to my oatmeal and next day I'm golden. If you have problems often try increasing your fiber, water and fat. Leafy greens like spinach and chard have some magnesium, so eat them more often. I also find strong coffee to be nice for that situation.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options

Oh, my aunt used to be into that and I grew them myself for a while 16 or so years ago. I'd completely forgotten about that.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Dried apricots! As efficient as prunes but tastier to some. I happen to like prunes.

But coffee and a run get me moving no problem, I do pretty intense workouts which have lots of squat but it's the running that, um, stimulates the old guts. I usually have the coffee AFTER a run or I might be in trouble a ways from home..........
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Are you on a 1200 calorie diet by any chance? Decreased food volume can change your toilet habits. If all is normal except for the frequency you really shouldn't worry. If you are finding it hard to go when you feel the urge, I swear by rice bran. I add a few tablespoons to my oatmeal and next day I'm golden. If you have problems often try increasing your fiber, water and fat. Leafy greens like spinach and chard have some magnesium, so eat them more often. I also find strong coffee to be nice for that situation.

Indeed.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/reviews/B008JELLCA

Haribro sugar free gummy bears.

/end thread

Can we all just take a minute to go read the amazon reviews? #solidgold
  • EJSimonsen
    EJSimonsen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Slimdownmb wrote: »
    Seriously? Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to have a decent BM ??
    Since I've cut out all the rubbish from my diet... i literally only go about 3 times a week. I really want to go everyday!?

I hate prunes and figs so that's a no no! any ideas?

I have had this issue on and off for years due to heavy chronic pain meds but no more. Fiber + Probiotic pills 2 per night + Magnesium pills 3 per night. I go every morning without any issue even without coffee.

But to get started drink a bottle of magnesium citrate. That should clear you out and you can get back to normal. Stool softnessat help also but the above is per my doctor and it works great.
  • dawnsnarks
    dawnsnarks Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    A shot of castor oil at breakfast every day.

Heh, had to give some to my constipated son once a couple of years ago. Any time I have to give him medicine now he asks if it's the 'oil stuff.' #neverforget
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Please take a 3 times a day a good spoonful of flax-seeds and you will have the session you are asking for...have fun!

Caution on the flax seeds!
    Some people are really sensitive to these. I have horrible experiences with flax seeds-I ate them in instant oatmeal and within an hour or two I was on the toilet, vomitting and....excretions of the violent nature on the other end as well. Happened several times before I put two and two together-including going home sick from work every time and once even going to the hospital because of how badly I felt. If you're going to try them, go slowly.
  • gaw821
    gaw821 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I really don't like prunes either so I have half a glass of prune juice mixed with half a glass of apple juice. All you can taste is the apple juice but you get the results of the prune juice! I have IBS so also have trouble going sometimes so I take a peppermint oil capsule 1 hour before breakfast and it really helps!
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    srecupid wrote: »
    MisterZ33 wrote: »
    I had similar issues...

Ask your doctor about Psyllium Husk. It is a natural fibre and has many great attributes. for example, if you're constipated, add a tbsp. of the husk in a glass of non acidic juice and chug it down. ingesting it this way will help break up the binding in your intestines.

If you are having loose movements, take the husk with yogurt as it helps create bulk down there.

you will feel relieved, trust me.

I usually buy this product from an indian or Pakistani grocery store...Telephone Brand Asabgul ki Bhosle (psyllium husk). I'm not sure if it is available anywhere else. It is similar to Metamucil but I find it works much better.

Try it for a few days and you will be thanking me.

Good luck!

Really? I almost bought some the other day but, didn't because it said it had about 1g of fiber which is next to nothing

No, my friend. 1 tbsp. had 4g of fibre. but what it does is it forms like a gel like substance in your intestines so that movements are more smoother and easier - less struggle to poop. I was told by my doctor not the exceed 2 table spoons a day. it could also have negative effects if too much is consumed.

I should also at that the Psyillum Husk has best results if you drink water throughout the day and avoid carbonated beverages.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    The ONLY things that work for me and keep me regular everyday are Chia seeds, 20-30g everyday and 3 magnesium capsules and a probiotic every night before bed.
    I'm the queen of constipation and have tried every remedy known to man, I can guzzle 2L of prune juice and it will do absolutely nothing. I used to take 8tbs of that disgusting Metamucil every day, but i still get better results with the mag and probiotic and they are much easier to take!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    brower47 wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/reviews/B008JELLCA

Haribro sugar free gummy bears.

/end thread

Can we all just take a minute to go read the amazon reviews? #solidgold

Maybe more like runny, explosive gold?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    htimpaired wrote: »
    Please take a 3 times a day a good spoonful of flax-seeds and you will have the session you are asking for...have fun!

Caution on the flax seeds!
    Some people are really sensitive to these. I have horrible experiences with flax seeds-I ate them in instant oatmeal and within an hour or two I was on the toilet, vomiting and....excretions of the violent nature on the other end as well. Happened several times before I put two and two together-including going home sick from work every time and once even going to the hospital because of how badly I felt. If you're going to try them, go slowly.

I don't think it would have made a difference in your case, but I grind my flax seeds. I started with 5 grams per serving and now have 10 g. I have no ill effects.
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    srecupid wrote: »
    I had similar issues...

Ask your doctor about Psyllium Husk. It is a natural fibre and has many great attributes. for example, if you're constipated, add a tbsp. of the husk in a glass of non acidic juice and chug it down. ingesting it this way will help break up the binding in your intestines.

If you are having loose movements, take the husk with yogurt as it helps create bulk down there.

you will feel relieved, trust me.

I usually buy this product from an indian or Pakistani grocery store...Telephone Brand Asabgul ki Bhosle (psyllium husk). I'm not sure if it is available anywhere else. It is similar to Metamucil but I find it works much better.

Try it for a few days and you will be thanking me.

Good luck!

Really? I almost bought some the other day but, didn't because it said it had about 1g of fiber which is next to nothing

No, my friend. 1 tbsp. had 4g of fibre. but what it does is it forms like a gel like substance in your intestines so that movements are more smoother and easier - less struggle to poop. I was told by my doctor not the exceed 2 table spoons a day. it could also have negative effects if too much is consumed.

I should also at that the Psyillum Husk has best results if you drink water throughout the day and avoid carbonated beverages.

Really? Because according to this http://www.amazon.com/Bulksupplements-Pure-Psyllium-Powder-grams/dp/B0100QRYFM/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1452207199&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=Psyllium+Husk&psc=1it only has 1.1g per tablespoon which is a big difference. I could get that pretty dang easily. Am I just looking at wrong thing?
  • doglover485
    doglover485 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    laxatives
  • jigity
    jigity Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    KFC? Taco Bell?
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    laxatives
    No. Thai can be dangerous and you can become dependent on them. oP said her habits have changed, therefore her frequency changed, not that she is constipated and hasn't gone for days.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Yep, laxatives would be the absolute last option. I'd only take those if i was severely constipated.