Need a good toilet session!

Options

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    laxatives
    No. Thai can be dangerous and you can become dependent on them. oP said her habits have changed, therefore her frequency changed, not that she is constipated and hasn't gone for days.

I like Thai, and yes I could totally see why one could be dependent on it.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Walked into the thread hoping for tips for figuring out why my kids know when I'm in a squat and start bothering each other right then, and how to do it.
    Instead I see people that need more fiber and water with regularity. Oh well.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    OP had been gone ever since getting "confirmation" that her cleaner diet means "less garbage in, less garbage out."
  • lgoldfarb
    lgoldfarb Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Smooth move tea! Drink it at night and you'll be good to GO in the morning.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

Also, black coffee (taken orally).

@Carlos_421 ...Hehe he. ...as opposed to taken how??? :D:D
  • tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    hope516 wrote: »

lol you say that but I saw an episode on my strange addiction where people were taking "coffee laxatives" rectally...literally looked like they were taking an IV with coffee in the booty. AHHHHHHH!
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    taracan25 wrote: »
    hope516 wrote: »

lol you say that but I saw an episode on my strange addiction where people were taking "coffee laxatives" rectally...literally looked like they were taking an IV with coffee in the booty. AHHHHHHH!

This is precisely why I specified oral intake.

ETA: Crocodile Dundee talked about it before strange addiction picked it up.
  • jandw122912
    jandw122912 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Oranges and coffee!
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Yes, fiber. I can't imagine. I go at least once and sometimes twice a day. If I go 24 hours without one due to car travel or jet lag I'm miserable. If I went 48 hours I would turn myself into the nearest ER! lol
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »
    Yes, fiber. I can't imagine. I go at least once and sometimes twice a day. If I go 24 hours without one due to car travel or jet lag I'm miserable. If I went 48 hours I would turn myself into the nearest ER! lol

Exactly this for me too.
    Missing one day is bad enough, but two days of not going produces severe stomach pains along with vomiting, I cant even keep a sip of water down.I make double and triple sure i go everyday!
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    I find a six twelve pack of your favorite beer will often create the desired effect.

Yep, add some Taco Bell to that and no issues.

White Castle

True that.
  • duhmolish
    duhmolish Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sucks to be you. Iv gone 3 times before work before. I work at 7 am. Lol. If you dont drink coffee.. Start
  • Achaila
    Achaila Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    htimpaired wrote: »
    Exercise helps me sometimes. Running, especially.

This.
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Fiber can be our friend, or our foe. Too much fiber can slow down the colon. Adding a bit of fat can help.
  • Slimdownmb
    Slimdownmb Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses!
    I have coffee every morning - loads of fruit and veg and plenty of water!
    I'm not bloated or uncomfortable ... i just feel like i should be going more than i do - i used to go at least once a day.. now its like 3 times a week (max 4)...
    Not painful or difficult when i do have a bm.

So glad to know its not just me tho - haha thanks again everyone!! xx
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I have had issues for years. Regardless of diet. The thing that I have found to work (doctor recommended as well) is Probiotics.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Fiber One brownies are pretty tasty.

So are black beans, navy beans, great northern beans, pinto beans, red beans, chili beans...

Assorted other vegetables could help as well. Just not celery. Celery is gross.

Lol taken orally! That you have to even go there is so sad to the state of having to describe how to do things!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    They say a orange or tangerine a day can help this problem. Stool softener, flax meal and sweet potato smoothie (steam the potatoes so they are soft) with turmeric and I add greens with a half a banana and it. Works!
  • smcrimmon84
    smcrimmon84 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I find that whenever I am eating well, I have constipation/BM issues. It seems backwards to me but it must just be how my body reacts/works!

I drink lots of water (over a gallon a day) but it is true that I don't like/eat many fiber-rich foods. I take a fiber supplement daily and then take a stool softener every 4 or so days just to prevent the constipation from getting really bad. I so wish I liked coffee - lol!
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    srecupid wrote: »
    MisterZ33 wrote: »
    srecupid wrote: »
    MisterZ33 wrote: »
    I had similar issues...

Ask your doctor about Psyllium Husk. It is a natural fibre and has many great attributes. for example, if you're constipated, add a tbsp. of the husk in a glass of non acidic juice and chug it down. ingesting it this way will help break up the binding in your intestines.

If you are having loose movements, take the husk with yogurt as it helps create bulk down there.

you will feel relieved, trust me.

I usually buy this product from an indian or Pakistani grocery store...Telephone Brand Asabgul ki Bhosle (psyllium husk). I'm not sure if it is available anywhere else. It is similar to Metamucil but I find it works much better.

Try it for a few days and you will be thanking me.

Good luck!

Really? I almost bought some the other day but, didn't because it said it had about 1g of fiber which is next to nothing

No, my friend. 1 tbsp. had 4g of fibre. but what it does is it forms like a gel like substance in your intestines so that movements are more smoother and easier - less struggle to poop. I was told by my doctor not the exceed 2 table spoons a day. it could also have negative effects if too much is consumed.

I should also at that the Psyillum Husk has best results if you drink water throughout the day and avoid carbonated beverages.

Really? Because according to this http://www.amazon.com/Bulksupplements-Pure-Psyllium-Powder-grams/dp/B0100QRYFM/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1452207199&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=Psyllium+Husk&psc=1it only has 1.1g per tablespoon which is a big difference. I could get that pretty dang easily. Am I just looking at wrong thing?

http://www.amazon.ca/Telephone-Sat-isabgol-psyllium-200-Gram-Boxes/dp/B003OVHHDA

This is the brand you want. im not kidding you, it works like magic. take it in the evening and by morning you will have a good movement. it make take a couple of days to kick in. let me know who it goes (just no details of what it looked like, lol)