My Diet is Better Than Yours (TV Show)

Options
This show is hysterical and filled with diet woo. The diet expert who told her dieter she would spank her fanny and the subsequent look on the dieter's face was classic.

Anyone watching this?

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Nope. And based on your description I hope never to. What sort of "TV" is it on? I'm all for clarifying nutrition, but this sounds like food and diet shaming, which isn't really helpful, IMHO.
  • magtart
    magtart Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Okay
  • ercaface
    ercaface Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Quacks!!!! Both ladies were quacks! 'Taskercizing'?? Are you kidding me? And cleanses and resets and massaging fat!!! I seriously yelled at the TV. A lot.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Sounds like it should be titled "My woo is derpier than your woo".

ercaface wrote: »
    Quacks!!!! Both ladies were quacks! 'Taskercizing'?? Are you kidding me? And cleanses and resets and massaging fat!!! I seriously yelled at the TV. A lot.

How about Prancercise instead?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-50GjySwew
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

Now THAT'S power walking!
  • RetroPolkaDot
    RetroPolkaDot Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I found the show because of this thread but I missed most of it. I'll have to see if it's available online or On Demand later.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    When I saw the ads for the show the first thing I thought of was how it reminded me of many debates here on MFP. How would a person judge which diet is better anyway?

Sounds like it's another one that will give people crazy ideas.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I love crazy ideas, and I absolutely love Prancercise. A comment on another thread made me think of it, so thank you @AnvilHead for resurrecting it.
    A good meal and a few glasses of wine means I should do this workout with aplomb.
    Oh wait, I just resolved not to post after 2 glasses of wine. Disregard the above.

Cheers, h.
    I did record the show. Methinks now is the time to view.

Edit for wine drool.
  • tbonethemighty
    tbonethemighty Posts: 100 Member
    Options

Oh my goodness...can't look away... This may be the most amazing thing ever. Especially in the salmon blazer and white slacks.

• vczK2t
    vczK2t Posts: 309 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

OMG, prancercise????????????? i wouldn't be caught DEAD doing this outside. and what's with the top half of her outfit. that's a work top, not a workout top and necklace. LOL. LMAO

as far as the TV show is concerned, i watched about 10 minutes and went to bed. i see it as being a HORRIBLE show and none of the "contestants" keeping the weight off.
  • BLifts38
    BLifts38 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    yes! watched the first episode and about 15 minutes of the second so I didn't get to see the 2nd weigh in, but the gal who came in last on the first episode, I feel like she's already checked out. I don't think she likes that diet...
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I saw it yesterday. I like the premise but I don't think it catches my attention enough. I would have liked to see a program where the trainer and contestant swap diets, so the trainers get an idea of how hard it is to be overweight or obese and still have to work out and all.

I would have also liked it to be like Supersize vs Superskinny where we could visually see how much contestants eat in a normal day vs. eating on their new diet.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how this show was going to be. I will have to see if it is On Demand.

Fit to Fat to Fit is the one that I'm really interested in watching. I just can't remember when and what channel it is supposed to be on.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Nope. And based on your description I hope never to. What sort of "TV" is it on? I'm all for clarifying nutrition, but this sounds like food and diet shaming, which isn't really helpful, IMHO.

This. So much this.
  • Colorscheme
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »
    I was wondering how this show was going to be. I will have to see if it is On Demand.

Fit to Fat to Fit is the one that I'm really interested in watching. I just can't remember when and what channel it is supposed to be on.

Is that the one with the blonde woman who has lost weight, gains it back, then loses it again to prove that it really is all about calories in and out? if so, I saw it yesterday morning and it was really good.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options

Is that the one with the blonde woman who has lost weight, gains it back, then loses it again to prove that it really is all about calories in and out? if so, I saw it yesterday morning and it was really good.

I looked it up and it airs in a few weeks. Each week they are going to have a trainer gain and then lose weight with a client.
  • Colorscheme
    Options

I looked it up and it airs in a few weeks. Each week they are going to have a trainer gain and then lose weight with a client.

Ohhh, okay. Then I am mixing it up with someone else. The program I am thinking of is called Fat and Back.

http://www.people.com/article/katie-hopkins-weight-gain-loss-documentary-TLC
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    @realityfades I saw the Fit toFat 2 part show the other night. I found it interesting watching how fast a body can change over 3 months.

My diet is better than yours.
    Watched the intro fast forwarded, stopping to view a couple of segments, watched the end.

Terrible. Just another show promoting fast weight loss, albeit under supervision.
    I did like that they showed different diet methods, didn't see plain calorie counting; there again I couldn't stand to watch it all.

No wonder we on MFP have a hard time trying to convince folk that 2 lbs a week as a maximum is suitable for most of the population trying to lose weight without supervision.

Cheers, h.
  • Colorscheme
    edited January 2016
    Options
    On My Diet Is Better Than Yours, one of the trainers wanted their client to eat a vegan, raw diet. Now, I have no problem with veganism but once the trainer was talkiing about only drinking smoothies to cleanse out toxins, I lost all faith in that trainer. Some of the other ones don't seem nearly as bad, though.