Options
    bri170lb wrote: »

J4T Thursday
    1. Plan meals :smile:
    2. Walk at lake :smile:
    3. Meeting at nursing home :smile:
    4. Gym :smile:

I finally finushed day 29 of my 30 day workout. It took 4 days to finish! These last few days are really just too hard for me, so I'm doing it a little at a time. 1 more day to go.

Today is a special day for me. One year ago today I made a commitment to try to lose 2 pounds a week and 100 pounds in a year.

Gee. I failed. I ONLY lost 91 pounds.

Ha!Ha! JUST KIDDING! I LOST 91 POUNDS IN 1 YEAR!!!!! HOORAY FOR ME. AND I'VE LOST 121 POUNDS IN THE PAST 2.5 YEARS!

Still working on the last 29. I am hoping to finish that goal by my birthday at the end of June.

You are a real inspiration! Thank you!
  • abacus93jp
    abacus93jp Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Went over sodium and fat today, stayed within calories tho. Will do better tomorrow! One day at a time!
  • alp_19
    alp_19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm writing this message for tomorrow as I lay in bed. Today I ate well but didn't get outside to run because I waited too long and didn't hold myself accountable. I know it'll be cold in the morning but I'm determined to get myself out there for my long run. And now it's written down for you all so I suppose I have to. I'll update afterwards.
  • Sora4ever
    Sora4ever Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Walk.
  • Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Love your Owl Jacqueline. A very talentef lady.
  • Elaine352962
    Options
    JFT

Drink water - try using a straw it might be easier.
    Plan today's meals.
    Do 20 mins on the cross trainer before I go to look after mum.
    Do housework.
    Continue de-cluttering in back bedroom. - I want to move my cross trainer in there because it is a brighter and bigger room and I'm sure I will ise it more. The room is also a lot warmer.

Have a hreat day everyone.
  • massaoli
    massaoli Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    This new year couldnt have started on a more low note. gained 4 pounds of weight over the holidays.
    And to make it worse cant exercise as suffering from minor slip z
    But i have decided to restrict my calorie intake for which i need lot of support and motivation.

So just for today

Breakfast: egg white omlette and fruits
    lunch: one bread, bowl of cooked veggies
    snack: one orange
    dinner: soup and veggies
    This new year couldnt have started on a more low note. gained 4 pounds of weight over the holidays.
    And to make it worse cant exercise as suffering from minor slip disc.

But i have decided to restrict my calorie intake for which i need lot of support and motivation.

So just for today

Breakfast: egg white omlette and fruits
    lunch: one bread, bowl of cooked veggies
    snack: one orange
    dinner: soup and veggies
    shrcpr wrote: »
    JFT, 1/05

1. Stay within calorie limits :)
    2. Walk the dogs :/ Nope. Poor girls - raining all day pretty steady so no walk for us.
    3. Cardio workout of some kind - still trying to find something that's intense enough to clear out the cobwebs without being high impact. It sucks. I guess I'm stuck with the elliptical until I figure it out :) Elliptical it was - 45 minutes with 20 minutes of intervals
    4. Go try to find some swimwear suitable for exercise swimming instead of just lounging-around-by-the-pool swimming. Sports Authority or REI are likely my best bets around here. I wonder if I'm going to have to find someone to teach me correct form and technique for swimming laps. Hmm. :) Found some swim shorts and a tank at Target.

JFT, 1/06

1. Stay within calorie limits
    2. Walk the dogs, weather permitting
    3. Strength workout: Lean Circuit 2
    4. No alcohol

JFT Wednesday 1/6/16
    1) Pay rent
    2) PT 2:00
    3) Figure out where to put my stuff when I get home

^cant pay rent in bldg. evidently I'm supposed to mail it somewhere

JFTomorrow Friday 1/8/16
    1) To many things to list when I'm supposed to recuperate from dental surgery
    2) Cat to vet
    3) Eat soft food.

tvi9ppxpwzcw.jpeg

Beautiful
  • massaoli
    massaoli Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    JFT: 1-8-16
    Clean house
    Go to the dentist
    Groceries
    Call dad
    Call Maria and Angela
    Log
    Drink more water
    Walk 8000 steps
    Jessica's workout
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,068 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    JFT Thurs 7 Jan
    :) 1. Prelog/follow through/90+ minutes exercise/8500+ steps/8 cups liquid.
    :) 2. Write 3 pages. New goal: write 3 pages every morning.
    :) 3. Go dancing this morning.
    :) 4. 15 minutes sorting through poems for my Anthology.

JFT Fri 8 Jan
    1. Prelog/follow through/90+ minutes exercise/8500+ steps/8 cups liquid.
    2. Write 3 pages. January goal: write 3 pages every morning.
    3. Work 15 minutes on my anthology.
    4. Prep for Parchment Craft this afternoon.
    5. De-clutter kitchen.

@Elaine352962 You have a lot on your plate, Hun! Kudos for your positive attitude!

@bri170lb Congrats on your amazing loss in 2015. Only 9lbs short of your century for the year is fabulous. :star:

@47Jacqueline Love the owl. You have a lively style.
    ruby70 wrote: »
    ruby70 wrote: »

Made all goals yesterday but feeling kind of low today. It is day 4 of trying to avoid sugar, eating better and exercising everyday. It will get easier but today I feel like I will never get anywhere. For some reason when I woke up all I could think about it I do this every year in January and then somehow slide into bad habits again. I don't want that to happen this year, it feels like a roller coaster.

JFT
    1.) Cardio at lunch
    2.) try to focus on accomplishments instead of what I have failed on in the past
    3.) continue to read my strength training book tonight for encouragement and education
    4.) appreciate my son and my husband and how blessed I am to not be lonely and have a lively home

One day at a time, you can make this happen. You said it yourself. Focus on your accomplishments. This group will help! :)
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    68myra wrote: »
    Just for Thursday,
    1. long walk
    2. PT
    3. log every bite
    4. de-clutter
    5. SMILE
    did everything except 4
    Just for Today,
    1. PT
    2. YOGA class
    3. log every bite
    4. SMILE and be grateful
    5. plan healthy dinner
    6. de-clutter something, even if i have to do it in the evening.
  • mrsmuckster
    mrsmuckster Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Just for Today
    1. Drink the full bottle of water, I fill up every morning at work (I do great at home on my water)
    2. Stick with my eating plan
    3. Take the stairs at work
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

J4T Thursday
    1. Plan meals :smile:
    2. Walk at lake :smile:
    3. Meeting at nursing home :smile:
    4. Gym :smile:

I finally finushed day 29 of my 30 day workout. It took 4 days to finish! These last few days are really just too hard for me, so I'm doing it a little at a time. 1 more day to go.

Today is a special day for me. One year ago today I made a commitment to try to lose 2 pounds a week and 100 pounds in a year.

Ha!Ha! JUST KIDDING! I LOST 91 POUNDS IN 1 YEAR!!!!! HOORAY FOR ME. AND I'VE LOST 121 POUNDS IN THE PAST 2.5 YEARS!

Still working on the last 29. I am hoping to finish that goal by my birthday at the end of June.

Bri170lb,
    I love reading your posts but to learn what you've accomplished...I'm in awe. Good for you & thank you for inspiring me to stay focused. You've reminded me that I have a better chance of being successful if I set realistic goals.
  • Saragirl2
    Options
    JFT
    Log all food eaten - doing
    Drink more water - prefer tea or coffee.
    Aim to go on the cross trainer (am) - done.
    Aim to walk for at least 30 mins in the evening
    Keep busy - household chores - as I go along.
    Enjoy family time - as much as I can.

I have been logging food, still looking after mum 3-4 hours every day. - doing small jobs but mostly talking to mum and dealing with mum's needs. I have started going out for evening walks with my husband. I have also been using my cross trainer. I unwind drawing, painting or reading in between cooking, cleaning and spending time with family.

Not always time to do what I would like to do ie have a holiday, go to the pictures or watch a play - somethings just have to wait. If things get me down I will do some mindfulness relaxation.

Have a good day everyone.

Elaine352962
    Hope you are able to take some time for yourself to do the things you enjoy. Sometimes we spread ourselves so thin caring for others.
  • Saragirl2
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    JFT
    Drink more water in am-at least 4 cups.
    Walk with dog, long walk this time now that she's recovered from surgery. Enjoy the sun.
    Pretrack today's meals.
    Be aware of how much processed foods our family is eating & try to cut back.
    Declutter & hang some pics.
    Journal.
    Seem so tired lately. Need to get to bed by 9:30.

Control the day or the day will control you. Be proactive.

JFT
    Already drank 4 cups of water. Need to add 5 or more throughout the day.
    Walk the dog.
    Pretrack meals.
    Pack healthy snacks in car.
    Went to my first support group meeting for parents with ADHD children. Very interesting & walked away with a handful of helpful tools. (Maybe these tools will help me cope with my emotional eating LOL)
    Pilates.
    Cleaning.
    Movie night with kids at school-I will have popcorn!
    Try to get to bed early, I'd like to rise early Sat am to do a walk before my husband goes to work.

Have a great Friday!!
  • dblaacker
    dblaacker Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    To do:
    - Put laundry away (ugh)
    - Walk at least 2 miles
    - bake homemade bread (my first time!)
    - yoga/pilates
    - log EVERYTHING
  • Elaine352962
    Options
    Bought a new washing machine, put in a wash today and pressed the wrong pre-set button and the wash will take 2.5 hours. Will not make that mistake again. Did not stop it or change it, don't want to break it on day 1. Will sit down when I get home at 5.00 pm today and read the instructions carefully. Left my husband at home and instructed him not to touch it until I get home. Feeling anxious now -hope everything is ok. Samsung 9K load has a good write up and once I get used to it I will download the app to my phone and do the washing. - that definitely is wishful thinking, no chance of that happening. Have a great day everyone.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    JFT, 1/07

1. Stay within calorie limits :)
    2. Walk the dogs :)
    3. Cardio workout :) Elliptical, 45 minutes
    4. No alcohol o:)

JFT, 10/08

1. Stay within calorie limits
    2. Walk the dogs
    3. Strength workout: Lean Circuit 3
    4. >10k steps
    5. No alcohol
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options

CONGRATULATIONS on your 91 pounds. That is FANTASTIC!!!! Your are such an inspiration and are always so encouraging to everyone so thank you for that! I know you will reach your next goal! :)
  • beckyhunnable
    beckyhunnable Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just for Today Jan 5/16
    1. 75 oz water
    2. Track everything
    3. Wear my fitbit
    4. Load up on veggies & protein at dinner at mum's, save room for a nibble of dessert & no pre-dinner snacks

Just for Today Jan 8/16
    1. 75 oz water
    2. Track everything
    3. Wear my Fitbit
    4. Don't fall off the wagon tonight just cuz it's Friday night
  • sandrawilliams37201
    Options
    JFT 1/8/16
    1. dont go over my caloie intake
    2. exercise at least 30 minutes
    3. drink at least 64 ounces of water
    4. avoid carbs and temptations
    5. remind myself over and over that i can do this no matter what anyone tells me!!!!!!!!