Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    My husband asked me last night if when I set my "100 pounds in 1 year goal" I really thought I could do it and if I really thought I could stick to it for the entire year.

I thought my answer to that might help some of you...

I didn't lose weight for 20 years because I know how difficult and painful it is, both physically and mentally. I was not willing during that time to try again and fail. When I made my commitment a year ago, I was committing to losing weight knowing full well what I was getting into and that I would give it my very best effort for 1 full year.

I also knew that I wouldn't be perfect and that I would have to extend myself a healthy dose of grace on a regular basis and that I might not actually get to the number goal.

2 things are different this time from every other time. These things have really changed my persective over the past year.

1. The help, knowledge, and support I received from MFP and the people here has changed my life forever. 20 years ago it was much more difficult or even impossible to count calories, track exercise, learn about fitness and exercise and to get daily support.
    MFP is truly a miracle of modern technology and I am blessed to have found it!

2. I NEVER DREAMED in 52 years that I would be a physically active, health concious person. I learned about this from MFP and DARED to put it into practice in my own life.
    Seeing the successes of people with problems, limitations, and backgrounds similar to mine has inspired me to take steps that I never thought I could.

I know today that I will reach my goal, my goal may not be the number or date that I set for myself, but if it changes that's ok.

My actual goal for the next 6 months and beyond is to continue to learn what I need to know to maintain my new healthy lifesyle and my new healthy weight. I also intend to use my newly found confidence and energy to continue God's work in my life, whatever exciting adventures He has planned for my future!

Commit to yourself, Just For Today, and then have the courage to follow through and your dreams can come true. I know it for a fact!

• jet0505
    jet0505 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    JFT
    1. Finish storing Christmas decorations
    2. Declutter storage room
    3. Stay away from sugar!!!!!
    4. Gym if son and I can't get to taekwondo tonight
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    JFT 01/07 1/3.. bleah!
    1) Rest day...no run..take a walk
    2) Weights on one of my breaks at work
    3) Work on one of my 101 things in 1001 days items

JFT 01/08
    1) Run tonight
    2) House chores
    3) Work on furniture project
    4) Work on one of my 101 things in 1001 days items
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,212 Member
    Options
    So far behind today - and wow - 28 posts!! LOVE reading all the goals here. And OMG -- we have art shows everyday! Thank you so much to these talented artists on this board for sharing your beautiful work! My "therapy" is sewing quilts, so someday I will post a couple of those

My goals for JFT, Friday
    1. 2 glasses water with EACH meal, and 1 inbetween
    2. Remember in the evening to drink water instead of grabbing snack
    3. NO food after 8pm
    4. log everybite
    5. walk or ellipitical today

I have been under the weather the past week, so have not been getting any exercise done. So hoping to day to get out for a walk before the snow hits!

WIll read all these posts later tonite.
  • Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    My husband asked me last night if when I set my "100 pounds in 1 year goal" I really thought I could do it and if I really thought I could stick to it for the entire year.

I didn't lose weight for 20 years because I know how difficult and painful it is, both physically and mentally. I was not willing during that time to try again and fail. When I made my commitment a year ago, I was committing to losing weight knowing full well what I was getting into and that I would give it my very best effort for 1 full year.

I also knew that I wouldn't be perfect and that I would have to extend myself a healthy dose of grace on a regular basis and that I might not actually get to the number goal.

2 things are different this time from every other time. These things have really changed my persective over the past year.

1. The help, knowledge, and support I received from MFP and the people here has changed my life forever. 20 years ago it was much more difficult or even impossible to count calories, track exercise, learn about fitness and exercise and to get daily support.

2. I NEVER DREAMED in 52 years that I would be a physically active, health concious person. I learned about this from MFP and DARED to put it into practice in my own life.
    Seeing the successes of people with problems, limitations, and backgrounds similar to mine has inspired me to take steps that I never thought I could.

I know today that I will reach my goal, my goal may not be the number or date that I set for myself, but if it changes that's ok.

My actual goal for the next 6 months and beyond is to continue to learn what I need to know to maintain my new healthy lifesyle and my new healthy weight. I also intend to use my newly found confidence and energy to continue God's work in my life, whatever exciting adventures He has planned for my future!

Commit to yourself, Just For Today, and then have the courage to follow through and your dreams can come true. I know it for a fact!

Hi. You are such an inspiration. You are totally committed to reaching your goal and achieving your targets.

I am trying but have glips on my journey. I keep telling my self each time I stumble to learn something from it. My mantra is "If at first you don't succeed, try, try and try again until you do succeed". I will never give up because like you I will achieve my weight loss goal.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

JFTomorrow Friday 1/8/16
    1) To many things to list when I'm supposed to recuperate from dental surgery
    2) Cat to vet
    3) Eat soft food

^The cat has mites :o

Will check in tomorrow.
  • 47Jacqueline
    Options
    @massaoli - thank you. :)
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

Thursday:
    1. 10,000 steps (gah, such a low goal, but I can't stand to go outside in this weather) :smile:
    2. lift heavy things :smile:
    3. dance at home :smiley:

Friday:
    1. 12,000 steps
    2. dance
    3. under 100G carbs
  • Hipchick0805
    Hipchick0805 Posts: 40 Member
    Options

Hi. You are such an inspiration. You are totally committed to reaching your goal and achieving your targets.

I am trying but have glips on my journey. I keep telling my self each time I stumble to learn something from it. My mantra is "If at first you don't succeed, try, try and try again until you do succeed". I will never give up because like you I will achieve my weight loss goal.

Thank you for your testimony! It's just what I need ed to hear! Blessings to you!

• Hipchick0805
    Options
    JFT I will go to bed without snacking!
  • BoaRestrictor
    BoaRestrictor Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Just For Today: 1-9-16
    1. Ab Routine
    2. 30lbs Routine
    3. 1200-1300 calories
    4. Food Window 4:30PM-8:30PM
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    J4T Friday
    1. Take breakfast lunch and snack with me to work :smile:
    2. Put dinner in crock pot :smile:
    3. Gym - Zumba - Day 30 of Ab Challenge :smile: :smile:
    4. Stick to calorie goals :smile:

J4T Saturday
    1. Take breakfast lunch and snack with me to work
    2. Visit mom
    3. Housework, laundry
    4. Consider the possibility that I ought to start putting the Christmas decorations away
    5. Day off from exercise
    6. Stick to calorie goals

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

...Commit to yourself, Just For Today, and then have the courage to follow through and your dreams can come true. I know it for a fact!

As I read your post, it was as if you were speaking my own thoughts on the past year. Thank you so much for putting into words what so many of us feel about the people on this site.

Also a personal thanks to you. Your forbearance and dedication on this thread has helped me to focus on what has to be done every day to stay as fit and healthy as possible. It has inspired me to stay strong and change my attitudes so that success in this endeavour is inevitable and permanent for me.

@Elaine352962 Self-belief is a powerful emotion. Never give up on yourself. You deserve the success.

JFT Fri 8 Jan
    1. Prelog/follow through/90+ minutes exercise/8500+ steps/8 cups liquid. :)I built this routine up day by day by posting here.
    2. Write 3 pages. January goal: write 3 pages every morning. :)
    3. Work 15 minutes on my anthology. :)I wrote the foreword and bio for my anthology today.
    4. Prep for Parchment Craft this afternoon. :)we had a good turnout and an excellent afternoon of chat and crafting.
    5. De-clutter kitchen. :)The kitchen was sparkling when I finished.

JFT Sat 9 Jan
    1. Prelog/follow through/90+ minutes exercise/8500+ steps/8 cups liquid.
    2. Write 3 pages. January goal: write 3 pages every morning.
    3. Work 15 minutes on my anthology.
    4. Local shopping for provisions.
    5. Go,out with my younger daughter for some quality time. We may meet up with my elder daughter later.
    6. Resist being my own worst critic.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    No drinking wine for me today! JFT.
  • 47Jacqueline
    Options

JFTomorrow Friday 1/8/16
    1) To many things to list when I'm supposed to recuperate from dental surgery
    2) Cat to vet
    3) Eat soft food

^The cat has mites :o

Will check in tomorrow.

JFT Saturday 1/9/16
    1) Fix chain in bike + short ride
    2) Shower
    3) Figure out soft food I can eat

• Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    JFT
    A busy day ahead....
    Already pre packed water & fruit for snack.
    Drink 9 cups of water-accomplished this yesterday!
    Skate
    Gym
    Clean house & iron
    Dinner out with some friends (a rare event) I'll check restaurant site to pretrack my meal.
    Walk dog in evening!
    Aiming for 1 lb a week.
  • Hipchick0805
    Options

JFT I Will log my food and stick to my calories.
    I will enjoy the day with some dear friends
    I will not over eat!

• ForeverChasingTheSunsets
    Options
    JFT - Jan 9, 2016

1-Eat healthy
    2-brush and walk dog
    3-Clean paper pile in living room
    4-Take time for myself
    5-60 minutes of exercise
    6-Log in MFP
  • Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    JFT

Drink water - try using a straw it might be easier.
    Plan today's meals.
    Do 20 mins on the cross trainer before I go to look after mum.
    Do housework.
    Continue de-cluttering in back bedroom. - I want to move my cross trainer in there because it is a brighter and bigger room and I'm sure I will use it more. The room is also a lot warmer.

Have a great day everyone.

Followed and completed most of yesterday's goals. Still not drinking enough water.

Weigh in today, a half pound gain. Not sure what is happening.

JFT

Keep accurate logging of food, use measures whilst waiting for my WW food scales to be returned. Will drink glasses of water slowly and keep them in view.
    Keep moving and enjoy what I am eating and doing. Use these sites on MFP to keep me motivated by all the other members who keep posting on the community site. Need everyones support.
  • mrsmuckster
    mrsmuckster Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    JFT
    Stick with the plan