5ft 2 ladies ....it's not fair being Petit!

Options
Hi....looking for support from ladies similar height to me. I weighed in at 147lbs (10sr 7) ideally want to loose 20lb to take me to 9st. I have lost the weight before but over a 2 yr period it has crept back on.
Never been on the forums before but would like support from others in a similar situation.
I find evening cravings the worst. And want wine and chocolate haha

Replies

• buttercreams173
    buttercreams173 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am exactly same I am 5ft 2" I was 10st 8lb last week my first weigh in today I am now 10st 3lb my natural weight is 7st 8lb I put a load on after marriage and having a baby last year I got down to 9st 1lb ideally I want to be 8 st 7lb so it would be good to get a push from others
  • buttercreams173
    buttercreams173 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Forgot to mention I am also a chocoholic and a cake baker
  • shellybelly395
    shellybelly395 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi buttercream....I've added you as a friend.... Hopefully you have received it. Not done this before haha
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height. It's fair. We get to call ourselves cute ;P Oh and I LOVE to bake and planning on baking everything in the world after my surgery next week.
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'2'' pls add me!

Also come check out the "petites in maintenance" board. I'm not close to maintenance but the ladies are super supportive and have all been very successful.
  • shellybelly395
    Options
    I'm new to the forum thing. How do I add? Don't want to post or add and it posts on face book.. Cringe cringe
  • lumay1966
    lumay1966 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 5'2", and I like being petite. Why do you think it isn't fair?
    A support network was crucial to my initial success, and I would love to help keep you motivated.
  • jillcockerham
    jillcockerham Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think being short definitely is more challenging weight-wise. I'm 5'1" and 49 yrs old. I initially started at 161 last summer, lost 30, gained back 15, and am back on track now. Probably wouldn't have gained that weight back if I kept working out every day and cut back on the beer! I also LOVE great food, but generally always eat pretty healthy. I split my workouts into a couple times a day...mainly because of my schedule AND I don't get bored with long workouts.
  • shellybelly395
    Options
    Being smaller means less calories and I find a few pounds make a big difference on the waistline being smaller. I've could be stretched out a few inches my weight would be in proportion
  • shellybelly395
    Options
    *I've - if I
    Predictive text on my phone grrrrr
  • rbobbiesue
    rbobbiesue Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Right there with you all. 5'2" and around 145-150 lbs. My workouts are usually consistent, but food is a challenge especially as the years creep on.
  • shellybelly395
    Options
    I've found it harder as I become older!
    I'm 41 and a mum to 3. Age 7 the youngest.
    I am following the fab diet by rosemary conley, which worked for me 2 yes ago but regrettably I've gone back to my old eating habits and gained approx a 1.5 stone. Which on a 5ft 2 frame is alot and the majority of my clothes don't fit.
    I'm going on my hols in August and would love to feel confident in a bikini.
    Since Sunday I've lost 2lb...so must be doing something right. Even though my profile says I've gained 2lb (weird) I feel really motivated at the moment... But don't know how long it will last.
  • corboc
    corboc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I new to posting on these types of things but I agree on this one. The calories are definitely less when you are shorter. I'm between 5'2 and 5'3 and gained weight since my wedding two years ago and working to take it off now. I am pretty active but have trouble with cravings when it comes to wine and pasta. I'm committed to giving it a go this time and looking for support!
  • organizedme
    organizedme Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi....looking for support from ladies similar height to me. I weighed in at 147lbs (10sr 7) ideally want to loose 20lb to take me to 9st. I have lost the weight before but over a 2 yr period it has crept back on.
    Never been on the forums before but would like support from others in a similar situation.
    I find evening cravings the worst. And want wine and chocolate haha

• organizedme
    organizedme Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and trying to take off 40lbs. I've also done it before but want to really commit to a lifestyle change instead of diet this time....clean eating and exercise... A lovely glass of Cabernet and one piece of dark chocolate is my treat when I've eaten good and clean and exercised that day....is that wrong? Would love input....
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'2.5" and 66 years old. I've dropped 52 lbs over the last 2 years and have had a healthy BMI since February, 2015. I started at 179 and I'm currently 126ish. I was wearing a US size 14/16 and I'm currently a US size 2/4 Petite (thanks to weight lifting).

You can totally lose the weight by counting calories and moving more. You don't have to kill yourself at the gym: weight lifting will reshape your body and some cardio will add extra calories for you to eat.

Here's the link for the Petites in Maintenance thread:

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/109137-petites-in-maintenance

If you're just starting out be sure to read the "Getting Started" threads on the Message Board Home Page.

Best regards!
    Trina
  • fitpal4242
    fitpal4242 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi- I am also 5'2- my weight has always fluctuated, and now I am at the very high end of my range. Weighed in at 148 last month in the doctor's office. I am very active, so unfortunately the problem is entirely food... I love my sweets (especially ice cream) and find myself constantly snacking throughout the day, even when I know I'm not hungry. I go to the gym 5-6 times a week, and it's at the point I don't look the way I want in my gym clothes- it's terrible to be so active and not feel good about the way you look- I just feel insecure. I've been tracking on mfp for about a month now. I was down 3lbs when I last weighed myself 1.5 weeks ago- I will weigh again when I can get to the scale alone (it's in the middle of the floor in my gym locker room- there's often a line of ladies right next to it waiting for the shower). I'm hoping I'm down at least another pound now, as I have been good about my calories (and starving... ). I've been generally keeping it to 1500 calories, even when mfp says I can eat more calories (linked to my Fitbit, and it usually tells me I can eat another 500+ calories over the base of 1200). For now, my goal is to lose 10lbs, but I'd love to get to at least 15. Since I am muscular, ~130 is a good weight for me, despite my height.
  • fitpal4242
    fitpal4242 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and trying to take off 40lbs. I've also done it before but want to really commit to a lifestyle change instead of diet this time....clean eating and exercise... A lovely glass of Cabernet and one piece of dark chocolate is my treat when I've eaten good and clean and exercised that day....is that wrong? Would love input....

I think this is absolutely fine, as long as you plan it into your day in terms of calories. In fact, knowing you are planning to have this later may help you make healthier choices during the day.

• CatherineWarburtonHayhurst
    Options
    Also 5'2 and currently at my heaviest thanks to a great Christmas!

I share your love of wine and have given up booze for a week now and have lost 4.5 lbs which has really motivated me to lay off it. Having said that I plan to treat myself to a glass or two tonight! Maybe once a week would work for you too?

I'm finding the message boards helpful. Hope you do too! Best of luck :)
  • shazzmatazz
    shazzmatazz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    5'2" here. Welcome