5ft 2 ladies ....it's not fair being Petit!

Options

Replies

• simplycidalia
    simplycidalia Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm 5'3" Being taller would mean extra yummy calories, but we gotta work with what we got and eat to live, not live to eat (so hard). I'm also an evening craving person, so I'm trying to leave most of my calories for later in the day now. If I'm not hungry enough for breakfast, I just skip it altogether, have a big lunch, then have plenty of calories for a reasonable dinner and bedtime snack. :wink:
  • Lorrieonline
    Lorrieonline Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 1/2 and call myself 5'3" :* I have a trick I use for enjoying my glass of wine although it may drive a wine connoisseur bonkers.... I use a water goblet, fill it halfway with ice, add 2.5 oz of wine and top if off with cold water.... seems quite enjoyable for me and half the calories and guilt when I just have to have some wine.
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"2, it's not far, I always feel weird because I have a long torso and short legs. When I sit people expect the 5"5 or taller person when I stand up and they always appear shocked. I kill cravings with hot tea or flavored water. I'm currently 155 pounds. I have between 20 to 35 pounds to lose.
  • cruzenr
    cruzenr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 1" and have been told to lose about 10 lbs to aid my blood pressure, but I think 20 would be a goal to feel comfortable in my clothes. I really struggle to find interest to exercise. I am hoping a community of friends will help with my motivation.
  • organizedme
    organizedme Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    fitpal4242 wrote: »
    I'm 5'2 and trying to take off 40lbs. I've also done it before but want to really commit to a lifestyle change instead of diet this time....clean eating and exercise... A lovely glass of Cabernet and one piece of dark chocolate is my treat when I've eaten good and clean and exercised that day....is that wrong? Would love input....

I think this is absolutely fine, as long as you plan it into your day in terms of calories. In fact, knowing you are planning to have this later may help you make healthier choices during the day.

It does seem to keep me on track knowing I won't allow myself to have it but I have to say the weekend is hardest for me. Im very good with my routines during the week but weekends...are a serious work in progress for me. I live with my husband who is 6'4 and two teenage son's who are both over 6ft so there is a whole lot of cooking to keep them all fed and happy....this morning they want french toast sausage and fruit salad....I'm having my smoothie but...Omgosh it's taking serious will power to not sample the goods....lol
  • shellybelly395
    shellybelly395 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    fitpal4242 wrote: »
    Hi- I am also 5'2- my weight has always fluctuated, and now I am at the very high end of my range. Weighed in at 148 last month in the doctor's office. I am very active, so unfortunately the problem is entirely food... I love my sweets (especially ice cream) and find myself constantly snacking throughout the day, even when I know I'm not hungry. I go to the gym 5-6 times a week, and it's at the point I don't look the way I want in my gym clothes- it's terrible to be so active and not feel good about the way you look- I just feel insecure. I've been tracking on mfp for about a month now. I was down 3lbs when I last weighed myself 1.5 weeks ago- I will weigh again when I can get to the scale alone (it's in the middle of the floor in my gym locker room- there's often a line of ladies right next to it waiting for the shower). I'm hoping I'm down at least another pound now, as I have been good about my calories (and starving... ). I've been generally keeping it to 1500 calories, even when mfp says I can eat more calories (linked to my Fitbit, and it usually tells me I can eat another 500+ calories over the base of 1200). For now, my goal is to lose 10lbs, but I'd love to get to at least 15. Since I am muscular, ~130 is a good weight for me, despite my height.

You sound just like me. I'm at my top weight of 147lbs. I could do with doing more exercise but think the over eating is the main problem.
    Been logging my foods for 4 days now, and it's really helping. I'll add you as a friend and hopefully we can loose together
  • mrsking0601
    mrsking0601 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello my height-challenged divas! @mrsking0601 here and I'm 5"2 looking to drop 25lbs to start (165lb
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    MrsKing, we're close Im 5'2" and 168. I'm looking to get to 145 by April then I'll reevaluate
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5", allegedly in maintenance, but after the holidays and a week in Montreal, my ab muscles have disappeared, so I'm eating at a deficit. It's so much harder when you're small because you are are already allowed so few calories. One dinner out can undo all the progress you've made the entire week (I just did that last night!). When an entree contains your calorie allotment for the entire day, while all the big people are chowing down guilt-free, it does make one jealous.
  • shellybelly395
    Options
    corboc wrote: »
    Hi. I new to posting on these types of things but I agree on this one. The calories are definitely less when you are shorter. I'm between 5'2 and 5'3 and gained weight since my wedding two years ago and working to take it off now. I am pretty active but have trouble with cravings when it comes to wine and pasta. I'm committed to giving it a go this time and looking for support!

I love wine too haha not had a glass for a week....it's been hard giving up all my treats and wine and I found myself extremely grumpy for the first few days. I've added as a friend...hopefully we can motivate each other. I'm new to this posting thing too... So I've not wrote anything on my wall yet
  • shellybelly395
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and trying to take off 40lbs. I've also done it before but want to really commit to a lifestyle change instead of diet this time....clean eating and exercise... A lovely glass of Cabernet and one piece of dark chocolate is my treat when I've eaten good and clean and exercised that day....is that wrong? Would love input....

I have been saving calories for the evening for some chocolate and a glass of milk. I'm having a glass or two of wine this evening....not had any wine for a week hehe. I'll add you as a friend so we can encourage each other when the wine and chocolate cravings start
  • shellybelly395
    Options
    Also 5'2 and currently at my heaviest thanks to a great Christmas!

I share your love of wine and have given up booze for a week now and have lost 4.5 lbs which has really motivated me to lay off it. Having said that I plan to treat myself to a glass or two tonight! Maybe once a week would work for you too?

I'm finding the message boards helpful. Hope you do too! Best of luck :)

Me too... Not had any wine for a week and lost 3lbs. Having a glass or two tonight hehe. Think giving up wine has been the hardest especially after Christmas when temptation is all around.
    I've added you as a friend...hopefully you can keep me motivated haha
    I'm still new to all this so haven't wrote on my wall yet eekk!
  • shellybelly395
    Options
    Me too! I'm 5'3" Being taller would mean extra yummy calories, but we gotta work with what we got and eat to live, not live to eat (so hard). I'm also an evening craving person, so I'm trying to leave most of my calories for later in the day now. If I'm not hungry enough for breakfast, I just skip it altogether, have a big lunch, then have plenty of calories for a reasonable dinner and bedtime snack. :wink:

Thank you for your support. I've found that too. I always have breakfast but I've made changes to lunch and dinner with smaller portions creating more calories for the evening cravings. Ive added you as a friend to hopefully keep me motivated haha
  • audreyanderson4
    audreyanderson4 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Im 5 1 feel free to add me
  • shellybelly395
    Options
    I'm 5'2 1/2 and call myself 5'3" :* I have a trick I use for enjoying my glass of wine although it may drive a wine connoisseur bonkers.... I use a water goblet, fill it halfway with ice, add 2.5 oz of wine and top if off with cold water.... seems quite enjoyable for me and half the calories and guilt when I just have to have some wine.

Haha I like your wine trick. I've added you as a friend. Hopefully you have more tips like this
  • shellybelly395
    Options
    I'm 5"2, it's not far, I always feel weird because I have a long torso and short legs. When I sit people expect the 5"5 or taller person when I stand up and they always appear shocked. I kill cravings with hot tea or flavored water. I'm currently 155 pounds. I have between 20 to 35 pounds to lose.

Haha you sound like me. When I sit down I'm the same height.....until I stand haha good luck on the weight loss.... It's not easy.
    I've sent you a friend request. Hopefully we can motivate each other.
  • shellybelly395
    Options
    cruzenr wrote: »
    I am 5' 1" and have been told to lose about 10 lbs to aid my blood pressure, but I think 20 would be a goal to feel comfortable in my clothes. I really struggle to find interest to exercise. I am hoping a community of friends will help with my motivation.

Hiya....I've added you as a friend. Hopefully we can motivate each other. Good luck x
  • shellybelly395
    Options
    Hello my height-challenged divas! @mrsking0601 here and I'm 5"2 looking to drop 25lbs to start (165lb

Hiya. I've sent you a friend request. I'm hoping to lose 20lb to start with. It's been hard!!
  • shellybelly395
    Options
    sanfromny wrote: »
    MrsKing, we're close Im 5'2" and 168. I'm looking to get to 145 by April then I'll reevaluate

Your similar to me. I'm 167lb wanting to lose 20lbs and see how I feel. On the charts and bmi ...I'm just in the over weight section. I've sent you a friend request.... Hopefully we can keep each other motivated
  • shellybelly395
    Options
    rosebette wrote: »
    I'm 5'1.5", allegedly in maintenance, but after the holidays and a week in Montreal, my ab muscles have disappeared, so I'm eating at a deficit. It's so much harder when you're small because you are are already allowed so few calories. One dinner out can undo all the progress you've made the entire week (I just did that last night!). When an entree contains your calorie allotment for the entire day, while all the big people are chowing down guilt-free, it does make one jealous.

Well done for acheiving your weight goal and now it's the hard job of maintaining it....that's my downfall... Hence being overweight again after losing it 2 yrs ago.
    I've sent you a friend request... Hopefully you can keep me on track