Mom's and Dad's looking for support

Options

Replies

• mweckler
    mweckler Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Pick me pick me married father of 3- 18,5,3 year olds. Was at a good place with my weight until the youngest came and ever since then I have put on 65 pounds and can't seem to lose it.
  • mumofbae
    mumofbae Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi all I am a mum of four 16,13,3,and 9 months I finish my maternity today so I'm going to be struggling to stick to things when I'm so busy and tired so some support or friends would be nice
  • MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    mweckler wrote: »
    Pick me pick me married father of 3- 18,5,3 year olds. Was at a good place with my weight until the youngest came and ever since then I have put on 65 pounds and can't seem to lose it.
    mumofbae wrote: »
    Hi all I am a mum of four 16,13,3,and 9 months I finish my maternity today so I'm going to be struggling to stick to things when I'm so busy and tired so some support or friends would be nice

Glad to have you with us!
  • jennygirl630
    jennygirl630 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm the mother of two beautiful, busy daughters (15 and 11)! I work full-time during the day and the evenings I spend building our second business. Our girls drag race in addition to school sports and activities. I could use all of the hints and tips you guys have to work healthy ways back into our busy lives! Feel free to add me. I'm new to MFP so I'm just learning how to do all of that!
  • andygoldman39
    andygoldman39 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. The more the merrier! I have a 2 year old daughter
  • rdgfreshstart2016
    rdgfreshstart2016 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm a father of two boys, 10 and 5. Restarted a few times, but feeling motivated to succeed this time and stay the course. Best to all!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Welcome aboard. Glad to have you all with us!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join the fitness challenge please :)
  • cponeill89
    cponeill89 Posts: 22 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Got two boys, 9yo and 8mo. For some reason i'm finding it easier to eat healthy now we have a baby, think it's because my aim is to hit my goal weight before his first birthday.

Feel free to add me, I've got 29 lbs to go.
  • niniluv22
    niniluv22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a mother to 4 boys. I am really overweight and need help losing weight
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    janetay01 wrote: »
    I'd like to join the fitness challenge please :)

Hi! Sent you an invite for the group!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Here is the link to my challenge for anyone interested.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/111062-guardians-14-lean-fitness-challenge
  • Kvm11628
    Kvm11628 Posts: 7,386 Member
    Options
    Married mom of two boys (7 and 10). Now that they are older, I can work out in the early AM. Before that? HA!
  • karlydaniels
    karlydaniels Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm a single mum of 2 (son 9 and daughter 7) I'm at full time uni and have a part time job and on top of that I'm currently training for a marathon. Life is crazy busy, but the key is always organisation! Feel free to add me
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    kimvmajor wrote: »
    Married mom of two boys (7 and 10). Now that they are older, I can work out in the early AM. Before that? HA!
    I'm a single mum of 2 (son 9 and daughter 7) I'm at full time uni and have a part time job and on top of that I'm currently training for a marathon. Life is crazy busy, but the key is always organisation! Feel free to add me

Welcome. Glad to have you with us!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Happy tuesday. What is on your calendar today for exercise or eating right? I completed a 4.25 mile run, lifted weights for 40 minutes, and now getting some chores done before I head off to work.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    One of the most common struggles I hear about from friends and family is that they don't have the time to exercise or meal prep. Hog wash! If you are telling yourself that, then I want you to seriously rethink that. How many times have you had to get something done before a trip or the end of the week, and you managed to get it done? How many times have you said I don't have time for this, but have time for that, but the "that" doesn't really assist you with achieving your goals?

The truth of the matter is, you have the time, you just have to be willing to formulate a plan to make it happen, and then stick to that plan. We all have the same amount of time in a day, and there are those out there that get everything on their list done, and still have time for some "me" time. If they can do, if I can do it, then so can anyone else.

Most of us on here are family folks. One, two, three or more kids. Throw in the cats and dogs, fish, aunts or uncles and you have a house full. Full time jobs, other extra curricular activities. The list can go on an on. Those windows of opportunity get smaller and smaller. But, if you schedule out the time you need, make it non-negotiable, and stick to it, you will find that yes it can be done, you still get your other chores done, and probably still have a little me time left.

I have 3 kids. My girls are new teenagers. Yikes! So lots of drama there. I also have 2 dogs. My wife works full time, I work full time with a 1 hour commute, plus have a part time job as a coach. I still manage to get my workouts in 6 days a week, meal prep at least 2 times a week, and help get my kids to track, cross country, running club, archery, and gymnastics. I do end up sacrificing a little bit of sleep (I only get about 6 hours on average) but I make it work and still work towards my goals every day. You can too!

So, the next time you tell yourself you don't have the time, is that really true, or just a smoke screen to hide you from doing what you need to do to accomplish what you want to do? Good luck today, and make every minute count!

7jdu8gsig7q0.jpg
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I know very well that 'lack of time' is, in many instances, nothing more than a smokescreen for me. Married, with one kid, a four day a week job that will go back to 5 days in March and an hour and 45 minute commute each way. So, yes - life is busy but it's something that my husband and I are both aiming to kick this year as you can spend a lot of that spare time bemoaning the fact that you don't have time do do something - talk about the irony! One of the things that I hate is what I perceive to be the wasted 2 hours that I spend on trains each day - now for sure, I can't use that time for a workout but I can do more productive things than I do. So, there's a resolution for the years to come - to make the most of every second that I have :)
  • MikePXstream
    edited January 2016
    Options
    w0mp1ewrkmxi.png

If anyone is curious, here is my first week review of the New Program - The Masters Hammer & Chisel I have been doing.

http://www.peralesfamilyfitness.com/2016/01/the-masters-hammer-chisel-first-week.html
  • Hastalabeastababy
    Hastalabeastababy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    w0mp1ewrkmxi.png

If anyone is curious, here is my first week review of the New Program - The Masters Hammer & Chisel I have been doing.

http://www.peralesfamilyfitness.com/2016/01/the-masters-hammer-chisel-first-week.html

I am LOVING this program. I'm on Day 12. The eating has been great too. Those containers are a godsend! Lol. Down 7 1/2 pounds! I can already see changes in my body which is great because I was not good to it over the holidays!
This discussion has been closed.