what does a typical breakfast look like for you?

Options

Replies

• Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Weekdays, Actimel yoghurt drink and a Belvita softbake breakfast bar, then a cup of tea when I get to work. Weekends, variable, depending on what time I get up. Today, a delicious bowl of Bircher muesli at my favourite independent coffee shop, and a latte.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    2 slices of toast with peanut butter and jam with coffee. On Sundays it's either an omelette with toast, waffles or pancakes
  • mylittlerainbow
    mylittlerainbow Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt, 1 portion fruit (berries or banana), cinnamon, 2 tbsp granola. 16 oz glass water with lemon in it.
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    1/3 cup oatmeal with protein powder, dried cranberries, mixed nuts and flax seed. 1 apple. 1 portion yogurt.

Saturdays, omelette with spinach and cheddar cheese. Either a potato or 2 pieces of wholemeal seeded bread.
  • ThunderRoad2
    ThunderRoad2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Beverage(s): Large shaker cup full of water, a large coffee w/ milk teaspoon of white sugar.
    Food: 35g oats, 5g ground flax - cooked with water; mix-ins vary but usually just shy of a tablespoon of P28 - going to change this to something cheaper once I am done the jars I have.
  • KassiesJourney
    KassiesJourney Posts: 306 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Most days I wake up late so just coffee but on days I can get myself up in time its oatmeal with a bit of peanut butter and a tablespoon of brown sugar (Sometimes I add a few blueberries if we have any in the house)
  • emilycat214
    emilycat214 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Weekdays, it's a low-cal frozen breakfast sandwich that I can eat in the car. The protein holds me until lunchtime. I like the Weight Watchers breakfast burrito and the Special K flatbreads. And coffee with low-fat milk.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    egg & toast with jam or avocado slices
    steel cut oats made with almond milk, brown sugar & dried cranberries
    egg taco with a bit of pico de gallo, salsa or chipotle ranch
    cereal with almond milk
    2 egg omelet with bean sprouts & Sriracha
    banana on toast with thin layer of hazelnut spread
    oatmeal with PB&J
    1 egg omelet with tons of mushrooms & peppers
    cake donut from the donut shop, lol (once or twice a month to indulge & enjoy)
    fridge oats (plain Greek yogurt, oats and fruit)
  • Veronique_337
    Veronique_337 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Either protein pancakes, turkey sausage patties, and a hard boiled egg
    Or
    Oatmeal with blueberries/apples, turkey sausage, and a hard boiled egg
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I usually aim for around 400 calories, aiming for around 30 grams of protein; my macros for this meal I try to keep 30% protein, 30% fat, and 40% carbs.
    It looks different every morning, however, I love variety. This morning I added P28's Chocolate Coconut Protein Pancake mix to a cup, stirred in water, and microwaved it for just under a minute. Once it came out I took a small bowl and added Quest's vanilla milkshake protein powder to some water to make a vanilla glaze and poured it into a hole I made in the middle of the cup. On the side, half of a lovely 70% dark chocolate bar I got from Trader Joe's ^-^ The breakfast was filling and VERY delicious, and was close to my goal by being 27 grams of protein and 397 calories.
  • BeastField
    BeastField Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Today I had a one egg omelette with spinach and banana peppers, a handful of baby carrots, an apple sliced up, and toast with peanut butter. And of course coffee....
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Coffee. I'm a night eater so breakfast is just a caffeine fix.
  • JShailen
    JShailen Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been trying to get in more protein and fat so it's been scrambled eggs with halloumi, spinach, tomatoes, onions, and mushrooms if I have them. One day I had this with onions peppers and spinach. The scrambled eggs + halloumi is pretty heavenly on its own though, but I need the veggies to fill me up.
  • Fitnessflexibility
    Fitnessflexibility Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Protein shake, fresh fruit
  • dpkolanda
    dpkolanda Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Protein shake consisting of 1 scoop raw protein, 2 cups of unsweetened Almond milk, 2 T. peanut butter, and either a banana or 1/2 cup pineapple.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Copious cups of tea, the milk/cream keeps me full.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I really don't like eating more than 300 or so calories before lunch. I'm a night eater. I have a protein bar and coffee with cream and sugar.
  • eggheadrn
    eggheadrn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Totally the muffin tin breakfasts. I like the mini ones, with quinoa, eggs, and veg (minis make me think I'm getting more).
    Or Greek yogurt with fruit, flax, and berries. A whipped egg with wilted veg.
  • shathaway123
    shathaway123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    3 egg whites, 1 Dannon light & fit greek, 1/2cp fiber one or plain Cheerios
  • bigizzy
    bigizzy Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Egg muffins (spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, feta)