What's the story behind your profile picture?

Options

Replies

• Vendetta2300
    Options
    Mine is of me trying to make a snowball during christmas 2010.

We had crazy amounts of snow. We live on a small island and all roads were closed, they had to use actual military tanks for ambulances. It lasted for two weeks and even the tanks couldnt go through the snow. We had helicopters flown in to fly medicine out to people, who were running out

We couldnt leave the house for 4 days - we couldnt even open the door due to snow! One lady went into labour during all this and the midwife had to ski 14 km (about 10 miles) to deliver her baby at her house!

I have never experienced anything this extreme before. And usually, we only have five-ten days of a little snow a year :noway:
  • shellshell43
    shellshell43 Posts: 116
    Options
    Mine is me crossing the finish line at the Soldier Field 10 Miler in Chicago. At the time, it was the longest race I had ever done. I was so proud to have accomplished it!

I love that...what a proud moment and truly inspiring !:happy:
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Mine is of my daughter and me.i so want her to follow in my steps.She needs to learn being overweight isn`t healthy.
  • Devol
    Devol Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My little granddaugher just makes all life's problems go away. She makes my smile even broader on a daily basis.
  • jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    hot peppers..my fav!!!
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    <-- This is my, "I'm going to MURDER the elliptical!!!!" face
    :bigsmile:
  • niste_ketlin
    Options
    My little brother and I playing around snapping pics on the webcam "Warp" effect.
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    My first hiking trip with my son.
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Mine was taken by a very good friend while we were in Virginia Beach!
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Mine is a picture of my beautiful daugther wearing my shirt! Love her smile in this pic.
  • Cherrycandy
    Cherrycandy Posts: 200
    Options
    This is my friend Daisy (from here!) and we were in OKC for the weekend. She flew in from Baltimore to hang out! :flowerforyou:
  • ladyluck5210
    ladyluck5210 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I had just cut my hair.. It's the day before thankgiving 2010. :) Guess I was feeling grand!
  • SusiB60
    SusiB60 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Mine is me at Maggiano's bar in Las Vegas drinking one of many peach bellini's that passed my lips that day :0)
    ....such happy memories
  • Shua456
    Shua456 Posts: 211
    Options
    Mine is me when I was horseback riding last year. I love horses and this photo isn't so close up that people can see how much weight I have to lose. After I lose a bit more weight I'll change it to a newer closer picture of me on another horse.
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Mines taken in Snowdonia, mount Snowdon is behind my right shoulder. I've lost a lot of weight since this was taken and this pic reminds me what I used to look like before MFP
  • snflwr04
    snflwr04 Posts: 46
    Options
    Engagement photo (taken 3 years ago)
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    My ex-boyfriend used to carry me around on his shoulders. I absolutely loved it when he did that. Made me feel like a queen. Back then I weighed 140 lbs. tops. This was taken 15 years ago. I don't have it posted because I miss him, but because I want to be that size again (or very close). I liked very much the body I had at that time. I also want to feel like a queen again. ;)
  • Mekob25
    Mekob25 Posts: 88
    Options
    Mine was taken for the month of June. When I started my healthier-me plan in January, I decided I would take a picture every month to document my journey. It just so happened, the picture coincided with me having lost 60 pounds!!! Yeah Me :smile:
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Well, 39 years ago my parents found a baby (that was me) in a cabbage patch and they brought me home to raise me as their own. I know what you are going to say, that they laid to me about the cabbage patch thing and that they really did "it". But no, that is not true. My mom would never do anything that gross. Never. So, anyway, I was found in a cabbage patch and then 39 years later in a fit of self-absorption I took my own photo and voila!
  • ewhitis
    ewhitis Posts: 132
    Options
    My 50th birthday. My daughter and I stayed at the heartbreak hotel, visited Elvis. The picture was taken on the 2nd half of the trip at Marie Levous (I know I spelled that wrong) House of Voodoo in New Orleans.My daughter said since I now have one foot in the grave I might as well visit a couple of resting places! She has my same sick sense of humor:drinker: