Warrior Dash: Mud, Sweat, Blood and Beer! Lotsa pics.

Options

Replies

• FL_Nettie
    FL_Nettie Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    It looks like you had a blast. I have to find somebody to do one with down here in FL. I want to but I need some prodding to not chicken out.

I'm doing the Champions Mud Bash in St. Cloud this weekend. They're going to have another one in November (don't know where yet) and the Warrior Dash is going to be in Lake Wales on 1/21/12 & 1/22/12. Sign up. If you're like me, once you pay there's no backing out since I don't want to waste the money!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Becka, Is that the Shawnee Mountain one, or another?

http://www.shawneemt.com/s_shawneemountainmudrun.html

I like that there's a (slight) discount for a 4 person team on that one. My brother, niece, her hubs and I are pretty well matched to stick together.
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    Looks like you had an awesome time!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    NIce I cant wait for Warrior Dash
    Really? Cuz now I am scared. But I got the memo: KNEE PADS!!!
  • mrsclc
    mrsclc Posts: 73
    Options
    Awesome!!! I've been wanting to do a Warrior Dash for awhile now!! Congrats on the weight loss! :smile:
  • LorinaLynn
    Options
    Knee pads would have been nice. At very least, take some cleansing wipes to clean off any scrapes and scratches, because you won't get very clean from the hosing. I had some makeup removal clothes we all used, then slathered on the hand sanitizer from the stations by the job johnnies.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a decent scar from the one cut on my knee. But I'm weird and think scars are cool if they tell a story.

I actually didn't feel any pain until the race was over, we got our food, and went to sit on the ground to have a little picnic. OH, MY KNEES!!!!!!!!!! I felt about 87 years old! Once we were up and walking around again, though, I felt fine. The knees stiffened up again on the ride home, but a couple Advil took care of that. The adrenalin rush literally lasted for DAYS.

And I want to give a big shout out to Coppertone Kids SPF 50 spray. Out all day in a bikini top, and my vampiric pallor continues! :laugh: I have a fresh tattoo and I'm supposed to avoid tanning.

My niece's poor husband wore a headband all day, and had a white stripe across his forehead and a red face. :blushing: I offered use of my sunblock... Some of it might be that I have hardy Scottish skin, and he has Irish skin. :wink:
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    That looks awesome!!! I live in PA and sooo wanted to do this. My friend bailed on me so I didn't sign up. Maybe next year!
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    It looks like you had a great time!!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    OMG! This just made me 10x more excited about doing this in November!!!! :happy:
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations on your achievement! Great pics as well.

My son and his friends did the Warrior Dash too. He was the youngest participant at just 2 days past his 14th birthday, completed in 56 minutes.
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I'm doing the Warrior Dash at the end of July. Totally freaked out!
  • MartiJJohnston
    Options
    BUMP!
  • LorinaLynn
    Options
    Another recommendation: Get a friend, or a few friends, who's not participating to take pictures for you. The costs of the professional photos are NUTS!

I swiped the watermarked proofs from the website, and I will get some prints of them, because they're just too frickin' cool. But the thrifty cheapskate in me thinks, "Didn't I get HOSED enough at the event!?"

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-5.jpg

My niece didn't get any good fire jumping shots. Her husband blocked her in all of them. :frown:

Another thing... they say "no outside food or beverages," but it wasn't reinforced at all if you wanted to toss some drinks or snacks in a duffel bag.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Another recommendation: Get a friend, or a few friends, who's not participating to take pictures for you. The costs of the professional photos are NUTS!

I swiped the watermarked proofs from the website, and I will get some prints of them, because they're just too frickin' cool. But the thrifty cheapskate in me thinks, "Didn't I get HOSED enough at the event!?"

Thanks for all the heads up and tips!!! That first pic of you jumping the fire is awesome! Haha
  • MrsSki
    MrsSki Posts: 196
    Options
    It looks like you had an absolute blast! I'm so jealous! My Warrior Dash is this weekend, but I injured my foot, so I can't run. :sad:
    You look like you had fun though! Congratulations!
  • LorinaLynn
    Options
    It looks like you had an absolute blast! I'm so jealous! My Warrior Dash is this weekend, but I injured my foot, so I can't run. :sad:
    You look like you had fun though! Congratulations!

Oh, no! Can you walk it? It would still be a blast and a great workout if you hiked instead of ran.
  • ShrinkingStephanie
    Options
    This is wicked! I sooo want to do this! I just know if I tell my husband he will make fun of me. They are having one here at the end of August. I wonder if I would be physically capable of doing it? Looks like you had so much fun. Awesome!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Looks like a blast!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LorinaLynn
    Options
    Here's an assortment of pics my husband took of other runners while we were in the middle of the woods. Thought they might inspire y'all, seeing all the different types of folks competing.

Just... for the love of all that's sacred... don't do it in a g-string! What has been seen cannot be unseen!!!!!!!

IMG_0875.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0857.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

IMG_0846.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0777.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0739.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!