What did you have for dinner tonight that was super healthy AND crazy delicious??

Replies

• Dreysander
    Dreysander Posts: 294 Member
    My favorite supper is a bunch of roasted vegetables in a big pile, top with soft cooked egg (either fried in bacon grease or poached) and cheese. The egg yolk makes a sauce.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    I made these on a friend's recommendation. REALLY good.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/01/cheesy-baked-spaghetti-squash-boats.html?m=1
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    I realized again last night how much I love just plain roasted chicken. Had part of a roasted chicken breast (skin on and bones in), with a mix of roasted sweet potatoes, beets, and cauliflower with a jalapeno pepper.
  • LivisMommy10
    LivisMommy10 Posts: 24 Member
    Homemade Chicken Noodle soup - it's cold outside and it really hit the spot!
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    To go along with chicken tikka masala, I made a recipe from the Lifetime Fitness magazine. It is kale cooked with black mustard seed, turmeric, ginger, chilies, tomatoes and coconut oil. Absolutely delicious!! As I am the only one in the house who likes kale, I will get to eat all of it myself over the next couple of days. It is even good as an omlet filling, yum! Everyone else got green beans cooked with ginger.
  • owlprincess1234
    owlprincess1234 Posts: 62 Member
    Homemade beef and broccoli, sodium was high but so delicious. Once the fish sauce and oyster are empty, might see what the low sodium options are like.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Tonight I had steak and the leftover spaghetti squash, peppers, onion and garlic from last night. It was a monster size squash lol

Right now about to have a 100 calorie pack of dill cashews. Only way I can eat them without going way overboard. I love cashews.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    I had two bags of shirataki macaroni with two organic chicken sausages, mixed with 3 wedges of laughing cow cheese and nutritional yeast. Big bowl of meaty "mac and cheese" for 315 calories.
  • Jetamu96
    Jetamu96 Posts: 963 Member
    Chicken, red peppers and spring onion marinated in cumin, cayenne, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper! So amazing! With some basmati rice I was so full!
  • allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Sri Lankan Curry Meatballs served over spinach. So yummy.
  • AmazonMayan
    edited January 2016
    arditarose wrote: »
    I had two bags of shirataki macaroni with two organic chicken sausages, mixed with 3 wedges of laughing cow cheese and nutritional yeast. Big bowl of meaty "mac and cheese" for 315 calories.

That sounds good and I have all the ingredients. I might steal your dinner for lunch tomorrow. Well my noodles are the fettuccine ones but still shirataki
  • arditarose

That sounds good and I have all the ingredients. I might steal your dinner for lunch tomorrow

Yaya. I assume you dry fry your shirataki first. Just throw the wedges in after the moisture is out and it's awesome.
  • AmazonMayan
    Oh the real shirataki. .. I have those too lol. I think it was you I first saw mention dry fry a while back and it definitely works. For some reason I was thinking of the tofu ones to have with cheese. I stocked up on everything this past week.
  • Solarized
    Solarized Posts: 15 Member
    Sweet potato gnocchi and Cajun shrimp.
  • arditarose
    Oh the real shirataki. .. I have those too lol. I think it was you I first saw mention dry fry a while back and it definitely works. For some reason I was thinking of the tofu ones to have with cheese. I stocked up on everything this past week.

No I used the tofu ones tonight! I dry fry them too. I feel like the tofu holds even more moisture than the traditional/real shirataki
  • AmazonMayan

No I used the tofu ones tonight! I dry fry them too. I feel like the tofu holds even more moisture than the traditional/real shirataki

I never thought about it for the tofu noodles. Might have to try it. I always do some kind of fry for regular tofu to help with texture so it does make sense. Thanks for the ideas.

• gympho
    gympho Posts: 8 Member
    I made Homestyle Turkey Meatloaf. Got the recipe from Eating For Life, by Bill Phillips.

I recommend this book to everyone!
  • arditarose

I never thought about it for the tofu noodles. Might have to try it. I always do some kind of fry for regular tofu to help with texture so it does make sense. Thanks for the ideas.

hehe I think they are stinky too so I just did it right away. I never tried without dry frying. Enjoy!

• sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Rice Chex with 2% milk. Yep breakfast is dinner!!!
  • jillcockerham
    jillcockerham Posts: 8 Member

How are those shirataki noodles? I've seen them in stores, but have yet to try. Do they have the same macaroni al-dente kind of feel? I've also heard kelp noodles are super low cal, but am going to have to order some to try.