Looking for Garmin Vivofit/Vivosmart/Vivoactive band users!

Options

Replies

• JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I have a Vivofit. Sent some requests. Feel free to add me - Jennie-Mae
  • jaliving
    jaliving Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    THIS! Been using the Vivosmart since it came out. There has been little love for us Garmin Connect user. Time to get it!

Mine:TwoNinetyTwo

Requests sent to everyone above me. :-)
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    JennieMaeK wrote: »
    I have a Vivofit. Sent some requests. Feel free to add me - Jennie-Mae

Added. Thank you!
  • Kris_ott
    Kris_ott Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just got a vivoactive, still figuring out all the features. Feel free to add me - Kris_ott
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    My steps from my Vivofit are not showing up in MyFitnessPal log. What am I missing?
  • carlypi314
    carlypi314 Posts: 42 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    My Garmin Connect name is the same: carlypie84

DeeDiddyGee, I'm not sure why it wouldn't be updating to your MFP. You added your Vivofit device on MFP and linked your MFP on the Connect app/site? I can't remember if there were any extra steps during setup that may have caused this.
  • carlypi314
    Options
    Vivosmart users; I was thinking about upgrading from my Vivofit to Vivosmart but I really like not having to recharge my fit. So my question is: Are the extra features definitely worth the minor inconvenience of needing to recharge it weekly?
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me: I have a Garmin Vivofit

Expatmommy79

• 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    carlypie84 wrote: »
    Vivosmart users; I was thinking about upgrading from my Vivofit to Vivosmart but I really like not having to recharge my fit. So my question is: Are the extra features definitely worth the minor inconvenience of needing to recharge it weekly?

Very good question. I think about upgrading over and over again but every time I look at my vivofit and realize that I have worn it for a year without taking it off and I have never once had to change the battery, the thought passes :) I may think about the vivofit 2 though so I can click that activity button :)
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options

DeeDiddyGee, I'm not sure why it wouldn't be updating to your MFP. You added your Vivofit device on MFP and linked your MFP on the Connect app/site? I can't remember if there were any extra steps during setup that may have caused this.

I see calories burned under Exercise on MFP. In the past, and I don't know when it changed, it used to say, "25 minutes of C25K, burned xxx calories."

Hmph!

p.s. I will friend request you on GarminConnect.
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options

Tried adding you, but I couldn't find you in the search. :(
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options

I see calories burned under Exercise on MFP. In the past, and I don't know when it changed, it used to say, "25 minutes of C25K, burned xxx calories."

Hmph!

p.s. I will friend request you on GarminConnect.

If it's coming from Garmin it probably wouldn't say that. It will be either fairly generic if it was logged as an activity (running, biking, swimming) or you will see a calorie adjustment. I do see number of steps coming over with the adjustment.
  • Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Bob314159 wrote: »
    I have a Vivoactive and Fitbit One - and find the steps are pretty close -- 2 random days from last week == 3953/3636 -- 7235/7219
    While I'm here, has anyone tracking steps with Vivoactive/Garmin connect previously used Fitbit? I'm not sure if Garmin is more accurate but I'm getting only half the calories Fitbit earned me! I'm so hungry!!!

Before 13,000 steps would earn me 400+ cals, I'm lucky now to get 200 for the same step count...

Thanks, this is my 3rd type of tracker and the number of steps feel right, it's just the calorie credits being so low is hard to adjust to! Garmin is so much more advanced though, have a feeling it's probably correct!!
  • anthonynaylor
    anthonynaylor Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm liking my vivofit so far. I was hoping it would have a way to measure heart rate in the wristband, but nope. Instead I just sync it w/ MFP and use that to let me know how many extra calories I can eat due to exercise. It's generally less calories than inputting a specific exercise on MFP, but it's easier and increases my caloric deficit a bit more.

The sleep monitor is pretty cool too, but I doubt its accuracy.

my name on garmin is the same as here: anthonynaylor.
  • carlypi314
    Options

Tried adding you, but I couldn't find you in the search. :(

Whoops! Sorry, my Connect name is CarlyPi. I added you :)
  • cathyklim
    cathyklim Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am gogogadget9103 ongarmin pleae add me.
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    I'm liking my vivofit so far. I was hoping it would have a way to measure heart rate in the wristband, but nope. Instead I just sync it w/ MFP and use that to let me know how many extra calories I can eat due to exercise. It's generally less calories than inputting a specific exercise on MFP, but it's easier and increases my caloric deficit a bit more.

The sleep monitor is pretty cool too, but I doubt its accuracy.

my name on garmin is the same as here: anthonynaylor.

Yup not this model. There is a heart rate strap that it connects if you really need heart rate for your workouts etc. The heart rate then shows up on the watch face. That also allows you to automatically create activities.
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    Garmin Connect request sent to @gogogadget9103 and @anthonynaylor.
  • zenjen13
    zenjen13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Following. Vivosmart HR is my 10lb loss reward and I'm almost there. Will post update when I receive it.
    I am MurderMeSomeFat...

That totally made me LOL. Love that name!
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    zenjen13 wrote: »
    Following. Vivosmart HR is my 10lb loss reward and I'm almost there. Will post update when I receive it.
    I am MurderMeSomeFat...

That totally made me LOL. Love that name!

What a GREAT reward!