Tell me what you've done today that's made you feel proud of yourself!

Options

Replies

• bslic
    bslic Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm back....I've been gone from MFP for too long, but came back and have been quite diligent with logging meals and getting exercise.
  • byholmes4
    byholmes4 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I forced myself to take 20 minutes away from my desk and go for a walk - It put me behind a bit, but it was so worth it to get some exercise during my 12 hour shift!
  • HealthyFitJess
    HealthyFitJess Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I set my alarm for 4am to go to the gym before work...and actually went and had a good workout!!
  • cjrito
    cjrito Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have a great hatred for riding on the trainer -- and usually trainer-ish weather days turn me into a slug. But today there was single-digit temps and ice everywhere, and I did not let this keep me from working out. Instead I bit the bullet and got in 75 minutes (20 miles) on the trainer. Singing some tribute Bowie hits in my head kept me going today!
  • cjrito
    cjrito Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    AND..... I did not annihilate several teenagers in my home that desperately needed and deserved it LOL
  • dujyandco
    dujyandco Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Did just ooooooone more little session, to put a buffer between calorie limit and after supper.... and to get me up to my goal of 23,000 steps for the day (at 27,6xx, now). I was tired--worked hard, today--but now it's done, and I've given it my best! <3
  • sbrooks0387
    sbrooks0387 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    finally just made myself make yogurt this morning, i have been meaning to make it for over a month. it's not hard, just the time i have to stand right there to make sure it doesn't burn when i always have 100 other things that need my attention.
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I failed on my last rep while bench pressing today. I laid there and laughed and was like, hey guys help please.

That doesn't really sound like something to be proud of but maintaining a good attitude during fails and mishaps is a big deal for me. A couple of years ago things like that would derail me.
  • dkingdom1
    dkingdom1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Did 47 push ups on my first set (for the past 10 days, I've been doing that increase your push up challenge). That's already close to my goal of 50 in a row, which I hope to reach on my next test day. My ultimate goal is to do 100 push ups effortlessly in a row.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,950 Member
    Options
    I climbed 26 floors today - a new record for me.

• LuckyAndi
    LuckyAndi Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I didn't go to McDonald's today. This makes me feel proud because I've been craving a Big Mac and fries for weeks now. Usually, I have my bf to talk me out of it, but I had the car all to myself today and it was calling me. I've had a really good hold on my weight loss, calories, and activity level for the last couple weeks, which is making me feel so much better, and I'm seeing the scale move again. I kept telling myself "it won't taste good, it's not worth the money, you'll regret it". I was so close to turning in, but I drove right passed it, and it felt amazing.

My cravings get vicious, affect my mood, and I can barely ignore them. So this was a major victory in self-control
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Didn't eat any of the masses of pizza my friends ordered because I wasn't hungry and didn't want to blow my plan.
  • Alarae21
    Alarae21 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I still rolled out of bed and went to the gym this morning even though I thought I would be late for Yoga. Not only did I make it, but I also went to a second class straight after which kicked my *kitten*! I sweated a ton but I did it! My fitbit lit up with that calorie burn!

If I had stayed at home I would have massively regretted not getting that calorie burn in.
  • MeAgain225
    MeAgain225 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I took my 7 year old son on a 2 mile walk on local nature trails, and then came home and played him in not one, but TWO games of basketball! I love looking at my diary, and seeing that I have more available calories than what I did when I woke up this morning! :)
  • MarziDeThrall
    MarziDeThrall Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    The queen of couch potatoes and social anxiety (me) actually left the house and took a walk outside. It felt great. I might start doing this everyday. Then I stopped procrastinating and took my measurements and even remembered to record them. :)
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    2 hrs on the exercise bike and feeling good.
  • laurenjennifer1987mfp
    Options
    The queen of couch potatoes and social anxiety (me) actually left the house and took a walk outside. It felt great. I might start doing this everyday. Then I stopped procrastinating and took my measurements and even remembered to record them. :)

Baby steps - it gets a little easier each time :) well done!

Today I got on the spin bike and got a session in, I feel much fresher for it. It was harder than usual, exercising after a chippy meal sucks so I'm quite proud of myself for getting on with it.
  • robins993
    robins993 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I started working out again. And i ate less for lunch today, even though i would have eaten double of that before. Just hope i'll stay on track with working out!
  • bzcg2010
    bzcg2010 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    First ever yoga class. I couldn't keep up but I did my best!
  • moonchildisme
    moonchildisme Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I didn't hurt an idiot

AWESOME!!!!