Ate all my calories and more before 10Am!

Options

Replies

• RWC10025
    RWC10025 Posts: 90 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    No real Advice . Empathy . BTDT.
    Just want to be encouraging that you can find your way back to eating carefully again.
    I work from my home office and Sometimes I have to leave the house and take a long walk to reset my day and mindset.
  • domgibson88
    domgibson88 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I discovered Slim Fast (delicious protien shake with a bit of REAL sugar) keeps me full for a long time..also boil some eggs the night before and bring those to work/school for a snack its amazing how full they keep you!!Eat high protien foods and you wont binge...Oatmeal with a bit of brown sugar, bunlesz hamburgers with spices like montreal steak spice and chilli powder with a bit of homeade relish and ketchup, chicken salada with a bit of chedder cheese and sweet onion dressing...eating clean and learning how to cook where it tastes good helps alot...I love looking at recipes...good Luck on your journey and dont give up!! luck
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Just don't give up... Try to eat low calorie, filling foods for the rest of the day, and move on.
  • MizzMaamI1
    MizzMaamI1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    MizzMaamI1 wrote: »
    What's wrong with me? I guess I don't want this bad enough because I can't get back into the mindset. I know what I need to do but I'm just not able to apply it.
    I literally ate like 2100 calories between 6AM & 930AM.

You CAN, you are just choosing not to at the moment.

Why not? Figure that out and you can start to move in the right direction.

How long ago did you have the baby? Could you be dealing with some PPD or depression?

In general, do you have vegetables, fruits, whole grains and lean proteins in your diet? Those are the things that will keep you full/satisfied without tons of calories. Start your day out with something healthy and filling and you much less likely to want to binge on random calorific items before lunch.

I had my baby 16 months ago now. I know I'm definitely depressed but it always comes and goes.

What's funny is I'm mostly vegetarian!

My plan wasn't to eat hash brown and eggs that was intended for my husband but he didn't eat it. I didn't want to waste it (my excuse) so I ate it.

• MizzMaamI1
    Options
    Then from there the downward spiral.
    I know I can only blame myself.

• paulandrachelk
    paulandrachelk Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Per Oprah-do the effort, motivation follows.
  • MizzMaamI1
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your advice! Sorry if I haven't replied to all but I will be taking into account what I've read and try to apply it to my routine.

I know I can lose weight. I've lost a lot of weight before I joined MFP aND then some how gave up half way through my journey.

I use to fast until afternoon then eat all my calories before 6 PM. I just need to keep working to get back to that point.

I need to quit giving myself excuses and just do it. I even made my husband buy me a tredmill because I want to be a runner. So I gave up my gym membership so I could work out at home. But am I applying it to my daily routine? Nope!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Then from there the downward spiral.
    I know I can only blame myself.

Blaming yourself doesn't burn any calories. Identify what the problems are, get help and work on fixing them step by step. Beating yourself up is not something that is going to create any positive change.

If you are home all day (or a lot) with a small child, getting out of the house to go to the gym might be a GOOD thing.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I had two coffees. 2 eggs cooked with butter , three hash browns cooked in oven. A cinnamon bum topped with cream cheese icing. Whole package of tofu Pam fried with butter and garlic powder. Bam calories done.

I try to pre log my diary but I almost always go off track. 7 months ago I was doing great I lost almost 80 lbs and I felt on top of the world. Unstoppable. Slowly I ate more, treated myself more aND lost all motivation. In the back of my mind I knew I was setting myself up for failure but it wasn't as strong as my urge to eat.

I can't seem to get over this emotional clutch that I have on food. This is turning into a rant now. Ugh.

And you didn't get sick?
  • Kiandra_B
    Kiandra_B Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It is hard I agree. Everyday gets better. First day i got back on this app I ate 2100 the whole day then it went to 1500 to now i'm at 1200. Drink LOTS of water. Today I'm at only 740 calories but i drank so much water to the point I'm not even hungry. Don't feel bad girl you will get use to it. I also log what I'm going to eat for the day as soon as i wake up so i don't get greedy. Don't have your goal so low because you will fail do what you think you can and take off 300 or so and work your way down. If you normally eat 3000 for the day doing 1500 won't happen on your first try.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    BuddhaB0y wrote: »
    I'm sure that cinnamon bun with cream cheese icing was 1200 cal by itself. Lol add a couple coffees with cream and sugar.. Another 400.

I think you're overestimating quite a lot. Even those giant delicious Cinnabon monstrosities are "only" 880 calories. A more modest sized roll, even with icing, is usually in the 200-400 range.
  • EleanorLynn1989
    EleanorLynn1989 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have a problem finishing up my calories before breakfast, so I had to skip breakfast today. I'm on 1350 calories and I feel like I'm starving. I hate it.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,123 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »
    I'm sure that cinnamon bun with cream cheese icing was 1200 cal by itself. Lol add a couple coffees with cream and sugar.. Another 400.

I think you're overestimating quite a lot. Even those giant delicious Cinnabon monstrosities are "only" 880 calories. A more modest sized roll, even with icing, is usually in the 200-400 range.

Yes a Cinnabon is 880, but I am betting that does not include the cream cheese icing. That could easily add 200-400 calories right there depending on how much one puts on it. The smaller ones are substantially less, so if she was not eating a cinnabon bun, 400-600 might be closer depending on how heavily it was iced. All this makes me crave a cinnamon bun.
  • BuddhaB0y
    BuddhaB0y Posts: 199 Member
    Options

Yes a Cinnabon is 880, but I am betting that does not include the cream cheese icing. That could easily add 200-400 calories right there depending on how much one puts on it. The smaller ones are substantially less, so if she was not eating a cinnabon bun, 400-600 might be closer depending on how heavily it was iced. All this makes me crave a cinnamon bun.

I'm gonna keep telling myself it's 1200 cals so I don't want one lol

• vaguelyvegan
    vaguelyvegan Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Deep breath. It really is hard to get your head back in the game, especially with a little one at home and all the stress that comes from being a new mother. Remember, though, that all you did was make a mistake. You'd be kind to your child if she made a mistake, right? You deserve the same.

Maybe you're setting the bar too high. After all, weight management is a process that lasts a lifetime, so try not to get in a hurry or make one day seem too important. Try taking some baby steps. For now, maybe just log your food without judgment or goals but purely for self-awareness. If you see a pattern, think about how you can address it, but in simple steps. Swap cooking spray for butter, for instance, and just do that for a week or three until it isn't a big deal anymore. Then move on to the next thing. Keep making minor changes as you feel able, and make sure each one of them is absolutely achievable. If you keep plugging away making small improvements to your diet, I think your confidence will grow and you'll begin to realize that your goals are doable and that your body is feeling good to you again.

Best of luck!
  • vaguelyvegan
    vaguelyvegan Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am in danger of this every day that I eat a breakfast. Since I stopped eating breakfast and just have coffee until lunch it has made it much easier for me.

This, too. Anything more than a piece of fruit for breakfast throws my whole day off track. I go as long as possible in the morning before I eat anything at all. I know it goes against received wisdom about breakfast-eating and doesn't work for everybody, but I do so much better if I save my calories for the middle and end of the day.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

I'm gonna keep telling myself it's 1200 cals so I don't want one lol

Heaven forbid you base your food choices on actual facts or science. :)
  • CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    It sounds like something happened when you visited your family. A counselor might be in order to explore it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

Quite sure it accounts for the icing, as it pretty much comes with it.
  • Slinn1985
    Slinn1985 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I could go to Mcdonalds for breakfast and dinner and still not clock up 2,100 calories. Well played! haha