Ate all my calories and more before 10Am!

Options
12346»

Replies

• bvff35
    bvff35 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bvff35 wrote: »

Night is my worst too. SOOO bad at night. Even if i do good all day! :-( On the flip side, if i start my day starving and then binge, I just end up saying 'screw tbis whole day' and eat bad the rest of it. Lately, I've been doing ok but night is so much harder that I will have a small snack and then go to bed early just so I don't eat any more for the day. I can't go to bed hungry because then I wont sleep and will get back up and eat my entire kitchen! So far, knowing myself and planning ahead has helped. Thank you for sharing and good luck! ... wish me luck too. Haha

I had this problem. Upped my protein during the day and also made room for treats during the day and my night eating stopped. It might not work for you but it's worth trying.

Also if you feel like you can't go to sleep without eating, you could try portioning out some cheese or eat a piece of fruit or veg.

Can I ask how much protein you eat per day? I have increased mine but maybe not enough.
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I can eat that much if I want that early also, because I love coca cola and donuts. lol. Think of your calories as money, and see whats "worth" spending those calories on for the day. You can spend 300 calories on a snickers or the same calories on a grilled chicken salad and apple. It IS hard, but you can do it! Just get back on the saddle tomorrow.
  • kimikoperry
    kimikoperry Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    LOL! This post made me laugh out loud. Girl, it's ok. Just try to do better tomorrow. One bad day of eating is not going to make you gain weight, just like one good day of eating isn't going to make you lose weight. Moderation is key :)
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Night is my worst too. SOOO bad at night. Even if i do good all day! :-( On the flip side, if i start my day starving and then binge, I just end up saying 'screw tbis whole day' and eat bad the rest of it. Lately, I've been doing ok but night is so much harder that I will have a small snack and then go to bed early just so I don't eat any more for the day. I can't go to bed hungry because then I wont sleep and will get back up and eat my entire kitchen! So far, knowing myself and planning ahead has helped. Thank you for sharing and good luck! ... wish me luck too. Haha

I had this problem. Upped my protein during the day and also made room for treats during the day and my night eating stopped. It might not work for you but it's worth trying.

Also if you feel like you can't go to sleep without eating, you could try portioning out some cheese or eat a piece of fruit or veg.

Can I ask how much protein you eat per day? I have increased mine but maybe not enough.

Sure. I eat about sixty to seventy grams per day. I was eating about fifty grams before. It's made a difference for me, but your mileage may vary. Just experiment and see what works for you. I also include fats if I am eating a carb and that helps, too.

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options

Increasing protein to 30% and decreasing carbs to 40% worked for me.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I have a problem finishing up my calories before breakfast, so I had to skip breakfast today. I'm on 1350 calories and I feel like I'm starving. I hate it.

Maybe your weight loss goals are too aggressive? Try dropping down a half pound - 1 pound less than whatever they are set to now.

Learn what foods fill you up for less calories and focus on them: https://www.nutrition.org.uk/healthyliving/fuller/understanding-satiety-feeling-full-after-a-meal.html

For me it's mostly protein, but fat and fiber is important as well.
  • CammieMorin
    CammieMorin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, just move on from now. Don't wait until tomorrow; just restart now. I occassionally have bad food choices during the day, but I just reset from that moment. I never wait until tomorrow though. I don't want to allow myself to just give up for a few hours. Use postive self-talk; fight against negative self-talk. You ate it; it's in you. You are still a really good person and are ready to restart.
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I don't know man. That's a hell of a bulking breakfast to me. I don't see any problems here.
  • joey4014
    joey4014 Posts: 159 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    So you've just proved to everybody in the forum that you're a human being. Everybody in here has F'ed up. The most important thing is to get right back on it. Literally pretend it didn't even happen. Otherwise you get sucked into a very deep and very dark hole.
    Maybe you have the personality and eating type that prefers a smaller eating window so you can eat bigger meals? Experiment with that. Just make your one and only rule that you won't go over your calories.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    joey4014 wrote: »
    So you've just proved to everybody in the forum that you're a human being. Everybody in here has F'ed up. The most important thing is to get right back on it. Literally pretend it didn't even happen. Otherwise you get sucked into a very deep and very dark hole.
    Maybe you have the personality and eating type that prefers a smaller eating window so you can eat bigger meals? Experiment with that. Just make your one and only rule that you won't go over your calories.

This is a very good point. OP, maybe take a look at intermittent fasting and see if that'll work for you.

It's been a few hours since you posted, how's the rest of the day going?

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    MizzMaamI1 wrote: »

I use to fast until afternoon then eat all my calories before 6 PM. I just need to keep working to get back to that point.

Does this help your tendency to binge, or does it make it worse?

Not an issue where I have expertise...I am just curious because it seems a little counter-intuitive.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    As many others have said, we all have days like this. Dust yourself off, forgive yourself and move on. You're not going to undo all of your hard work in one day, or even a couple of days. You have to decide that you're ready to get back on track and start again, but don't be too hard on yourself if you have a bad day now and then.
  • SaraB_82
    SaraB_82 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    3 and a half hours for the equivalent of 3 beers and a big Mac meal, totally possible.

Between 6 a.m. & 9 a.m.? LOL.

Sounds like my kind of breakfast! Of course, that's probably what made me rolly-polly in the first place... :P
  • troelsy
    troelsy Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I can't explain the motivation and drive I left when I first start and stuck to it. I just want that feeling back. I don't even know how to get it back.

It's an addiction. You are feeding the reward center in your brain. As simple as that.

We are surrounded by food all the time. Which isn't natural. I don't buy any of the bad stuff. Cos if it's in the cupboards, I'll eat it. It might help to avoid buying hashbrowns and everything else you have a hard time controlling. If you don't have it in the house you can't eat it.

If I get the food urge I peel a hardboiled egg and shove it in my mouth. lol
  • Odilerubia
    Odilerubia Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I had a talk about emotional eating with a 'skinny' friend. she even admitted that when she was down she would start overeating. What I picked up from your comments is: you have a baby or toddler and you mentioned "treated myself more". So you see, you are probably at a point where you have enough pressure to be eating whatever comes in sight. The best thing is: throw everything out of the house that triggers you (sorry for familymembers) and make a foodplan (I sit down on the couch, relax and start studying Pinterest, make albums with good food and read interesting articles which are very motivating) and make sure you enjoy the food you prepare, this should be the best time of your life working towards a newer you, dont punish yourself too much and even with the extra pounds you look beautiful!
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    troelsy wrote: »

I can't explain the motivation and drive I left when I first start and stuck to it. I just want that feeling back. I don't even know how to get it back.

It's an addiction. You are feeding the reward center in your brain. As simple as that.

We are surrounded by food all the time. Which isn't natural. I don't buy any of the bad stuff. Cos if it's in the cupboards, I'll eat it. It might help to avoid buying hashbrowns and everything else you have a hard time controlling. If you don't have it in the house you can't eat it.

If I get the food urge I peel a hardboiled egg and shove it in my mouth. lol

Please let's not drag 'addiction' into what is a good and helpful post.