The January 2016 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    If @Elise4270 changes her name to Elise420, we'll know somethings up...

Hahahaha! I thought about that too!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    karllundy wrote: »
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    If @Elise4270 changes her name to Elise420, we'll know somethings up...

Hahahaha! I thought about that too!

Hey now! You've got it all wrong.. @MorningGhost14 is the one that started it all.. Dad gum him! I rarely even drink.. Honest..

Think I smoked it 3-4 times in high school, made me barf every time. Maybe once or twice when I was like 10, but we'd all steal it from our parents just to look cool. I barely have a handle on reality as it is, I can't afford anything that alters it. :worried:

Uh, er... Maybe I should say "what of it"
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Between the bourbon, pot (and even microsdosing), munchies delivery vans, screwing our shoes (and smoking pot from them), all this thread is really missing is the rock and roll. Hey looky there. Time to go to Arizona! http://www.runrocknroll.com/arizona/
  • KatEmmaMarie
    KatEmmaMarie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Officially over half way there!

exercise.png
  • MMillard77
    MMillard77 Posts: 7 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    1/1: 6.2 miles
    1/2: 11.6 miles
    1/3: Rest/Travel day
    1/4: 10 miles
    1/5: Rest day
    1/6: 4 miles (am), 8 miles tempo (pm)
    1/7: 4 miles (am), 6 miles with the Thursday crew (pm)
    1/8: Rest day
    1/9: 12.2 miles with the Saturday crew
    1/10: 5 miles
    1/11: 5.8 miles with "Joe-to-Go" crew
    1/12: Rest day
    1/13: 4 miles treadmill (am), 7.1 miles with Wednesday crew (pm)
    1/14: 6 miles (am), no second run :[

Planned to do 6 with my group tonight, but I strained my big toe extensor tendon last night, ran on it this morning like a dummy, and it's gotten worse all day. So no second two-a-day for me this week! Not sure if I'll make 210 for the month without tonight's run, but I'm not going to try to make it up since I'm not even in training right now and should be taking it easy anyway. I don't run again until Saturday, so hopefully the toe feels better by then with some rest, KT tape and periodic icing. I'm more bummed to miss out on social running time than about the injury itself. I really like those folks!

lt4717o582or.png
    Currently, I've got the toe itself wrapped in athletic tape to its neighbor toe and KT tape applied on the tendon as directed from the official site. All the wrappings make it look worse than it really is, trust me! I had the same strain on the opposite foot last year and it heals up quick. It's usually a result of shoes that are too tight near my ankle (ahem, hello winter boots...) and so I dorsiflex extra hard when I'm walking around.

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    4/3: Caesar Rodney HM
    5/1: New Jersey Marathon
    6/12: Race and Ride Cedar Point HM (maybe)
  • Amandajs232
    Amandajs232 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    2/1 - 5k
    3/1 - 7k
    5/1 - 1k walk
    6/1 - 3k
    7/1 - 2.5k
    9/1 - 7k
    10/1 5k intervals
    12/1 - 2k walk
    13/1 1k
    14/1 5k

38.5/80

Ok so now all mentally prepared to go outside and leave the security of a treadmill. Wanted to try this weekend but forecast is -3 snow so might have to wait. But defo up for it!

You guys are nuts - love it!

exercise.png
  • whatang
    whatang Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    5.2 miles in the cold tonight. About 2C. No rain though :(

39.5/60
  • MorningGhost14
    MorningGhost14 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Ok so now all mentally prepared to go outside and leave the security of a treadmill. Wanted to try this weekend but forecast is -3 snow so might have to wait. But defo up for it!

You guys are nuts - love it!

Do the -3 snow.... it will be most exhilarating, empowering, bad-*kitten* run you have ever done... and the addiction will set in sweetly.... :)

By spring you will put that useless treadmill on the curb...
  • WhatMeRunning
    Options
    The ever so slight sound of snowfall, along with the insulating nature of it blocking out normal neighborhood noise makes snowfall runs truly great. You don't want to miss out on it.
  • MorningGhost14
    MorningGhost14 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Hey now! You've got it all wrong.. @MorningGhost14 is the one that started it all.. Dad gum him! I rarely even drink.. Honest..
    What??? I didn't even see that bus coming.... and rarely drink?? That made me spit my bourbon on the screen... :)<3
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Between the bourbon, pot (and even microsdosing), munchies delivery vans, screwing our shoes (and smoking pot from them), all this thread is really missing is the rock and roll. Hey looky there. Time to go to Arizona! http://www.runrocknroll.com/arizona/

One bourbon, one shot (of cortisone), and more (running) gear.
  • WhatMeRunning
    Options
    What??? I didn't even see that bus coming.... and rarely drink?? That made me spit my bourbon on the screen... :)<3
    Yeah, I blew shoe bong water all over my screen here.
  • Amandajs232
    Options

Do the -3 snow.... it will be most exhilarating, empowering, bad-*kitten* run you have ever done... and the addiction will set in sweetly.... :)

By spring you will put that useless treadmill on the curb...

I fall. Like a lot. When I fall I break. Badly. I think I will be patient and wait for a nice dry day...I will bank your words of encouragement and will use them to build the excitement for when cowardly me makes it out :wink: I also have @Stoshew71 's nature drug to take with me.
  • Amandajs232
    Options
    xbo9oy19tpry.png

No surprise this sold out quickly.,,,,,
  • Elise4270
    Options
    1/1......3.68
    2/1......5.20 walk
    3/1......5.70
    4/1......0.5
    5/1......2.17
    6/1......rest
    7/1......5.10
    8/1......rest
    9/1......4.3 treadmill walk.
    10/1....9.47
    11/1.....Travel Dr appt
    12/1.....lazy
    13/1.....5.51
    14/1.....3.31

44.91/100+ Miles

Upcoming races:

02/06/16 Hot Chocolate 15K Dallas
    03/19/16 Rock N Roll 5K Dallas
    03/20/16 Rock N Roll Half Dallas
    04/24/16 OKC Memorial undecided distance
    Run the year 2016  44.94/2016
  • Elise4270
    edited January 2016
    Options

Oh you did too :blush: ya ol hippie.

Ya know (don't ya?), 42 is the answer to "life, the universe and everything".... Maybe Adams just dropped the 0.…. I thought he was talking about me (4270), but maybe he was just laying there burnin' one in that field where he came up with the Hitchhikers Giude trilogy of 4? books. Explains the babble fish

@WhatMeRunning ya know, I really do love this group... Bong water an all :heart:
  • Elise4270
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @kristinegift I put the tape on the outside (medial) of the toe and ran in along the medial side towards the heel. Then did like you, around the tarsals. It seemed to help discourage fexion of the toe. After a few days did heat and massage. It does heal quickly, but dang it hurts!

Right! But we did cover our play list, so I think we've digressed nicely!
  • cheriesanta
    cheriesanta Posts: 9 Member
    Options

exercise.png

I don't really know how to find my last post. I'm trying to do this and it is great to hear everyone's posts. I see so much of myself as a 20 something, 30 something, young mom etc. I am slow, but steady. I also spin. The kind of 30 something competitive me would be intimidated by a lot of you speedier people, but now I know we are all a community. Love reading, hearing of victories, setbacks, reactions to setbacks etc. Thanks for all your stories.
  • WhatMeRunning
    Options

exercise.png

I don't really know how to find my last post. I'm trying to do this and it is great to hear everyone's posts. I see so much of myself as a 20 something, 30 something, young mom etc. I am slow, but steady. I also spin. The kind of 30 something competitive me would be intimidated by a lot of you speedier people, but now I know we are all a community. Love reading, hearing of victories, setbacks, reactions to setbacks etc. Thanks for all your stories.
    Welcome! This place is great and there are runners of all ages, abilities and experience here. So have no fears.:smile:

The best advice I can give for finding your last post is trying to remember what day it was and an approximate time frame. Then I just go back a page at a time until I think I'm in the right area and start scanning. I hope someone else knows an easier way!