Detox Question

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Moya6512 wrote: »
    The main part of juicing to detox is more than just weight loss, it literally resets your appetite, taste, cravings, mood, energy, mindset. It's amazing to give your body a rest from digesting meats and other toxic chemicals. There is no sensible reason people should be on here telling you not to drink veggies and fruit, it's absurd how brainwashed the food industry has us all.

Can you provide a list of the toxic chemicals that need to be detoxified from the body or that the body needs a rest from digesting? Can you tell us what they are, why they are dangerous and how drinking juice fixes the issue.

Can you provide a description of the actual biochemical process that occurs when you 'reset' your appetite, taste, cravings and mood by ingesting juice.

No one is saying don't eat or drink fruit and veg. If you like it, go for it. What people are saying is these outlandish claims of detoxification and resets are wrong.
  • Panda_brat
    Panda_brat Posts: 291 Member
    Azexas wrote: »

^^This.

Your liver and kidneys act as a natural filtration system. No extra detoxing required.

Don't forget the endocrine system. We sweat out some of the unneeded crap that the body does not need. Still, The body does not need to detox unless one had an alcohol or drug dependency.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    The main part of juicing to detox is more than just weight loss, it literally resets your appetite, taste, cravings, mood, energy, mindset. It's amazing to give your body a rest from digesting meats and other toxic chemicals. There is no sensible reason people should be on here telling you not to drink veggies and fruit, it's absurd how brainwashed the food industry has us all.

When did meat become a toxic chemical?
    What other toxic chemicals are you referring to? And how to drinking veggies in juice help this process? Juicing takes away a lot of the fiber than is helpful for the best "detox" I know-pooping.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member

cut.gif
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member

Brainwashed, huh. 2iq58hmk0e2d.jpeg
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    if you would like to stop taking those things and eating foods you deem to be too processed for your liking. all you need to do is stop ingesting them. there isn't really a special plan for this. as long as your dr has cleared you to stop taking the medications, just stop taking them.
  • Moya6512
    Moya6512 Posts: 53 Member
    htimpaired wrote: »

What other toxic chemicals are you referring to? And how to drinking veggies in juice help this process? Juicing takes away a lot of the fiber than is helpful for the best "detox" I know-pooping.

I pooped more on my juice fast than I ever did eating meat, which stays inside your system much longer. Toxins?! Research what they really do to the meat we eat. What drinking fruits and veggies does is provide our cells with adequate nutrition, quality over quantity, while at the same time giving our system a break. Ever did a colon cleanse?... you'll see our liver does a great job...but there is still at least 5lb of bullcrap in your body due to the toxic foods we eat.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited January 2016

I pooped more on my juice fast than I ever did eating meat, which stays inside your system much longer. Toxins?! Research what they really do to the meat we eat. What drinking fruits and veggies does is provide our cells with adequate nutrition, quality over quantity, while at the same time giving our system a break. Ever did a colon cleanse?... you'll see our liver does a great job...but there is still at least 5lb of bullcrap in your body due to the toxic foods we eat.

oowwtl.gif
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member

The 80's is calling they want their misinformation back!!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member

Judge-Judy-Shake-My-Head-Gif_zps66b02891.gif~c200
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member

hmc5eggfcvtv.gif
  • GRILLZGIRL
    GRILLZGIRL Posts: 32 Member
    Uh detox products have LAXATIVES in them, that's why people poop........................just no
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member

You know when I poop more than usual? If I've eaten something that's gone bad.

Coincidence? I think not.
  • Moya6512
    Here's why we are all on here, trying to compare tips and tricks and low carb recipes and cheats and the list goes on. A dieting cycle that seems to never end. Why because we aren't eating naturally as we were intended. The food industry doesn't care about our health, and the health industry doesn't care about our food. I've never heard a doctor suggest a juice fast ... but I have been offered pills that "curb my appetite" or even surgery! $$$ I do not think that detoxing and giving your body a break from years of damage is wrong. Then you can just eat healthy and exercise after you have reset your body. Oh and you the person saying only drug addicts need a detox, research the comparison of cocaine to sugar !!
  • Moya6512
    GRILLZGIRL wrote: »
    Uh detox products have LAXATIVES in them, that's why people poop........................just no

Not products, just earth grown food. You know, the stuff that didn't come out of a cows boob or a factory.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member

Not products, just earth grown food. You know, the stuff that didn't come out of a cows boob or a factory.

Today I learned that milk isn't natural.

NXvbWznxGifYc.gif

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member

I'm all for avoiding meat and dairy that comes from factory farms, but please use the term "udder" rather than "boob." Babies don't come from "Mommy's stomach" and cows' milk doesn't come from "cows' boobs."
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    SconnieCat wrote: »

NXvbWznxGifYc.gif

Something new every day.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I have had a couple of major surgeries and post surgical lingering infections etc. I have been taking a lot of meds lately (than I would like), and probably processed foods as well. I can see the negative effects of these on my body (including weight gain), this is what I am trying to detoxify from :)

If you are having problems with your meds, the place to start is with the doctor who prescribed them.
  • Moya6512
    SconnieCat wrote: »

NXvbWznxGifYc.gif

Learn something new everyday!!
This discussion has been closed.