Most annoying "advice" anyone has given you?

Replies

• vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    To attain a certain number on the scale, regardless of what the body looks like.
  • SofaKingFunny
    SofaKingFunny Posts: 23 Member
    An idiot once told me to eat clay.
  • dwulet130
    dwulet130 Posts: 108 Member
    clobern80 wrote: »
    To eat breakfast because it will boost my metabolism. What? No. I hate breakfast. I despise breakfast. I don't want to eat breakfast. Not only that, there has been no research to show it does anything to your metabolism. So leave my breakfastlessness alone!

THIS!!! I do way better when I start eating at noon then when I force myself to eat calories I don't want.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    that i need to eat/do XYZ to detox my body from all the toxins.
  • Starman02
    Starman02 Posts: 181 Member
    dwulet130 wrote: »
    To eat breakfast because it will boost my metabolism. What? No. I hate breakfast. I despise breakfast. I don't want to eat breakfast. Not only that, there has been no research to show it does anything to your metabolism. So leave my breakfastlessness alone!

THIS!!! I do way better when I start eating at noon then when I force myself to eat calories I don't want.

YES!! I HATE breakfast!
  • dwulet130
    dwulet130 Posts: 108 Member
    As accurate as it may be, I hate it when people tell me to just be patient. I'm not an idiot, I know it takes time, but if I'm asking for advise/fitness tips don't blow me off.
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    dwulet130 wrote: »
    As accurate as it may be, I hate it when people tell me to just be patient. I'm not an idiot, I know it takes time, but if I'm asking for advise/fitness tips don't blow me off.

Please be patient, @dwulet130 we can't rush good advice.
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member

This is the one that bugs me most as well. My friends say it ALL the time. Not only does breakfast usually involve the least appetising foods for me personally (cereal, ewwww), it makes no sense to force myself to have breakfast when I'm not hungry. I'd much rather have a more substantial lunch and dinner.
  • JQuinnLife
    JQuinnLife Posts: 102 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    That carbs make you fat and you have to eat low carb to lose weight.

Carbs make you fat
  • JQuinnLife
    JQuinnLife Posts: 102 Member
    My most hated advice:

After I tell someone about Ketogenics:
    Are you serious? Carbs are healthy! You can't live without rice, pasta, bread, pizza, doughnuts, and crack!
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    "[Fill in the blank] is sooo bad for you!"
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    All the detoxes and the WRAPS. Oh, the wraps. So annoying.

Yes, the wraps! Why is it that whenever I see a vehicle driving around with all that advertising for the wraps, it's an overweight person in the driver's seat? I mean not that I care about a person's weight, but when you're touting a weight-loss product, shouldn't the seller be a ringing endorsement?

Omg the wraps. And the "supplements" that go with them. I know people that use this stuff and sell this stuff and spend God knows what on this stuff and haven't lost a pound. BUT "IT WORKS" YALL!
  • Veryana
    Veryana Posts: 122 Member
    Oh, and the "You are supposed to feel hungry when you lose weight, that's how you know you are eating less"... Why isn't this girl making a cure for cancer as well?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    I can't stand when people tell me if I'm eating organic or "natural" foods I can eat as much as I want and not gain weight.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Nage3000 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    That carbs make you fat and you have to eat low carb to lose weight.

Carbs make you fat
    Nope.
    Explain how all here that ate way over 100g of carbs per day managed to lose weight, then? No particular food/macro causes weight gain, eating more than you burn does.

• levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    "Women shouldn't lift heavy weights." A coworker once told me I lifted heavy because I "want to be a man."
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    levitateme wrote: »
    "Women shouldn't lift heavy weights." A coworker once told me I lifted heavy because I "want to be a man."

Ugh god. So many women don't understand why I lift. Or they "worry" about me. So glad I have friends on here I can talk to.
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    I think the people that tell me that there is one true way to lose weight, beyond calories in being less than calories out, annoys me the most. I like people that ask questions or point me to interesting new ideas as I am always open to them. I find when most people tell me "You have to do x,y or z to lose weight", when I ask...how much have you lost? It pretty much ends the conversation.
  • mkdm291
    mkdm291 Posts: 139 Member
    That I shouldn't drink alcohol if I want to lose weight. Frankly, skinny and miserable ain't ideal either ;)