Yoga videos

BinaryPulsar
BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
edited January 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm a dancer recovering from an injury. I lift weights. But, yoga is really good for me as well for the calming and stress reduction through movement. I want to do some yoga at home. Any good video recommendations? I like flow yoga. The type that moves from one pose to the next, like dancing. I have a 20 minute power yoga video by Rodney Yee. It's sun salutation. I like that. Edited to add: Thanks in advance!

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Following. I do Iyengar yoga but would love to find a short flow yoga workout for daily consumption.
    Sorry no video recommendations @BinaryPulsar, I am mid search as I type.
    Just in case I spot a couple, do you have any limitations in movement?

Cheers, h.
  • scr183
    scr183 Posts: 49 Member
    I highly recommend Yoga With Adriene (a YouTube channel) -- she has a large library with a wide variety of practices, so you might give it a look. I know she has two short "foundations" videos that cover Sun Salutations A and B specifically, and she has a separate playlist of flow/vinyasa style practices of varying lengths. If you're recovering from injury, you might check out her "yoga for healing" playlist too; lots of little gems in there.
  • scr183
    scr183 Posts: 49 Member
    @HappyCampr1 -- I'll have to look into that app; that sounds awesome! Thanks for the info.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I do yoga a t home. I don't like flow type yoga so I can't give specific recommendations. But, I like The Element series of DVDs - Ashley Turner is good.

Here's a website that gives reviews and video clips for DVDs
    http://www.collagevideo.com/collections/stretch-yogo-and-tai-chi-videos/stretch-type-yoga?sort_by=best-selling

Here's another site with reviews and video clips
    https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/category-s/187.htm?searching=Y&sort=5&cat=187&show=10&page=1
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    i really like shiva rea for flow. her dvds have matrices so you decide what you want to do and for how long. she does a lot of vinyasna yoga
    otherwise, I'm a huge fan of Rodney Yee
  • Moonflower83
    Moonflower83 Posts: 7 Member
    I like this page... www.doyogawithme.com because it has a good variety, and I don't get distracted browsing youtube and end up watching people playing video games.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Thanks everyone! I don't have any movement limitations. The injury is to the nerves in my face. I just can't be too vigorous. But, yoga is usually gentle.