1000 pound club

Options

Replies

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    You make those look easy! I'd say your bench is more touch-n-go, and your squat looked great to me.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    jmule24 wrote: »
    Here's my vids:

Awesome! Is that your basement??? Either way, I want a dedicated weight room like that IN MY HOUSE!!!! :+1:

It is. It was a major requirement to have a large basement area like this when I was shopping for a new house two years ago. It's absolutely invaluable.
    Options
    Here's my vids:

Awesome! Is that your basement??? Either way, I want a dedicated weight room like that IN MY HOUSE!!!! :+1:
    Drive east and you can lift with me in my garage sometime. We can even lift shirtless and go bro it out. lol
    Here's my vids:

It is. It was a major requirement to have a large basement area like this when I was shopping for a new house two years ago. It's absolutely invaluable.

Plus, all the wonderful DIY stuff you've built for your gym.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Poverty 1200 something since summer testing.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Here's my vids:

With you there. I would love to have this setup in my house.
  • McCloud33
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    Nice lifts. No belt on that deadlift? Impressive. That bench looked really close too. I'll have to post up my videos in a bit.
    Thank you @DopeItUp - I appreciate it!

I don't normally belt up for deadlifting because I haven't really needed it, unless my back is sore. After that 525 attempt per the rules of this meet, I was allowed a 5th attempt which I did belt up for because I was feeling it.

Definitely post up your videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uaf_QcY4FHY

Total fail, but I tied for second and won my entrance fee back of $25. I guess this makes me a professional now since I won money. :p:p:p
    ETA: forgot to mention, I am jealous of that squat. Good form considering max-effort and strong as hell. Were you squatting high or low bar? I can't really tell. Your arms are so far under the bar I assumed high bar but it looks like it's a little further back (can't see due to the plates).
    Again thanks! Of all the powerlifts, I really struggled to get into the groove of this one, but about three months ago it all came together but it still wasn't meet ready. I went to a USAPL clinic and demo'd my lifts in front of the judges and I got pointers. I found out that the way I was squatting, not locking me knees prior to commencement of the lift would fail that lift. That following day I spent hours working on that part of that lift. Next weekend will be my first USAPL/IPF meet.

Yep High Bar. Works for me.

Good luck next weekend! All y'all up in the 1200+ are my heros LOL I think I've got several more years of lifting before I get up there. Especially if I want to keep the bodyweight/BF% down. Tweaked my back on deadlift this morning too so I'll be taking it easy for a couple weeks :tongue:
    Thank you @McCloud33 ! I hope to collect as many white lights as possible.

As far as bodyweight, come on a join me at 14-15% BF level -- the feeding is great around here! But sorry to hear about your back. Hopefully you can roll and stretch that thing back out and get it back to lift ready status.

I'd love to be at the 14-15% again! I got down there last spring at a BW of about 170. Then I moved and stopped logging for a couple months and was back up to 190 before I knew it. Just started a cut to get back down there again. Hoping that I've at least put on some muscle. Ultimately I'd like to be in the low/mid 180s and 10-15%. I think I'd look pretty good there at 5'9"-ish. If I could do 275 bench, 425 squat and 500 DL at that weight I'd be in heaven.
  • ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Work is cutting in my bromance time watching you dudes lift. >:(

But marked for later and great work gentleman. Great work!
    Options
    Nice lifts. No belt on that deadlift? Impressive. That bench looked really close too. I'll have to post up my videos in a bit.
    Thank you @DopeItUp - I appreciate it!

I don't normally belt up for deadlifting because I haven't really needed it, unless my back is sore. After that 525 attempt per the rules of this meet, I was allowed a 5th attempt which I did belt up for because I was feeling it.

Definitely post up your videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uaf_QcY4FHY

Total fail, but I tied for second and won my entrance fee back of $25. I guess this makes me a professional now since I won money. :p:p:p
    ETA: forgot to mention, I am jealous of that squat. Good form considering max-effort and strong as hell. Were you squatting high or low bar? I can't really tell. Your arms are so far under the bar I assumed high bar but it looks like it's a little further back (can't see due to the plates).
    Again thanks! Of all the powerlifts, I really struggled to get into the groove of this one, but about three months ago it all came together but it still wasn't meet ready. I went to a USAPL clinic and demo'd my lifts in front of the judges and I got pointers. I found out that the way I was squatting, not locking me knees prior to commencement of the lift would fail that lift. That following day I spent hours working on that part of that lift. Next weekend will be my first USAPL/IPF meet.

Yep High Bar. Works for me.

Good luck next weekend! All y'all up in the 1200+ are my heros LOL I think I've got several more years of lifting before I get up there. Especially if I want to keep the bodyweight/BF% down. Tweaked my back on deadlift this morning too so I'll be taking it easy for a couple weeks :tongue:
    Thank you @McCloud33 ! I hope to collect as many white lights as possible.

As far as bodyweight, come on a join me at 14-15% BF level -- the feeding is great around here! But sorry to hear about your back. Hopefully you can roll and stretch that thing back out and get it back to lift ready status.

I'd love to be at the 14-15% again! I got down there last spring at a BW of about 170. Then I moved and stopped logging for a couple months and was back up to 190 before I knew it. Just started a cut to get back down there again. Hoping that I've at least put on some muscle. Ultimately I'd like to be in the low/mid 180s and 10-15%. I think I'd look pretty good there at 5'9"-ish. If I could do 275 bench, 425 squat and 500 DL at that weight I'd be in heaven.
    Really? Your back picture makes you look pretty jacked -- I thought you had a much lower BF. Those numbers sound doable to me. There was a younger guy a lifted with a few weeks ago at 168 pounds, pulling 585! And here I am at 210 at 14% BF pulling 525 only.
    ovidnine wrote: »
    Work is cutting in my bromance time watching you dudes lift. >:(

But marked for later and great work gentleman. Great work!
    Thanks @ovidnine ~
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Oh Btw... I did nail a front squat of 315 lbs this weekend. I've not tested front squat since mid-summer and my best was 235 lbs. I think I need to bring FS back into my programming at some point.
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Here's my vids:

That Punisher shirt has to add at least 100lbs on to any lift :)

• McCloud33
    Options
    Really? Your back picture makes you look pretty jacked -- I thought you had a much lower BF. Those numbers sound doable to me. There was a younger guy a lifted with a few weeks ago at 168 pounds, pulling 585! And here I am at 210 at 14% BF pulling 525 only.

@nakedraygun Thanks...that's why that pictures up there LOL I think I was about 180-185 and about 17% when that pic was taken. Good lighting I guess. That and I think I hold most of my fat in my chest and stomach/love handles. I honestly can't even imagine pulling 585@168...that's nuts. I'm way down at 415 on my best day.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Here's my vids:

That Punisher shirt has to add at least 100lbs on to any lift :)

Shhhh, don't give away my secrets.
  • wmagoo27
    wmagoo27 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Best meet numbers (though it's been a while)
    Squat 420
    Bench 235
    Dead lift 445

Current gym numbers
    Squat 435
    Bench 250
    dead lift 470

I'm cutting weight now and thinking of competing again this year, but on a deficit I won't be hitting any new PRs.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I gotta stop coming back to this thread.

At least until after April 2nd. Oh, who am I kidding? I'll screw something up at the meet.
  • McCloud33
    Options
    @nakedraygun how did the meet turn out for you this weekend?
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @nakedraygun how did the meet turn out for you this weekend?
    Hey @McCloud33 ... thanks for asking ... was just getting over here to give a summary.

I weighed-in at 93.4kg (205.9 lbs) right at the bottom of the 105kg class.

Squat:
    160kg x 1, 182.5kg x 1, 185 kg x 1. (352.7, 402.3, 407.9 lbs.): Lift: 3/3. Day 3/3.

Bench Press:
    120kg x 135kg x 0, 135kg x 0. (264.5, 297.6, 297.6. lbs). Lift: 1/3. Day 4/6.
    * On second attempt, I started to press the bar up without a command, after that, my bench was toast.

Deadlift:
    202.5kg x1, 220kg x 0, 230kg x1. (446.4, 485, 507.1 lbs.) Lift: 2/3. Day 6/9.

Platform Bests for Squat and Deadlift. Did not place top in any lifts. You can about the full meet on my blog.

Lifting USAPL/IFP is a different animal to be sure. The pause and lockouts are much longer and they really expect the best form out of you. I love it!

My next meet is in three weeks. I hope to redeem my bench and add a bit more to my squat and deadlift.
  • cpw2109
    cpw2109 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My PB lifts from last year - then I fell out of training and I'm a couple of months away from them...

Deadlift - 185kg
    Squat - 180kg
    Bench - 135kg

Total - 500kg = 1100lbs

I saw my weights go steadily up doing the 5/3/1 programme, then all of a sudden, my gym mojo went. I carried on eating the same amount and put on a heap of weight.

Now I'm struggling to find the time to lift, but it'll come back, I'm sure. And when it does, I'm going for more PBs at a lighter bodyweight. My deadlift really ought to be 250+kg, so that needs work. It would be nice to get a 3 plate (140kg) bench in there - I did attempt it, but it wasn't budging (yet the 135kg flew up - just wish I'd tried the 140kg first...)
    Options
    cpw2109 wrote: »
    My PB lifts from last year - then I fell out of training and I'm a couple of months away from them...

Deadlift - 185kg
    Squat - 180kg
    Bench - 135kg

Total - 500kg = 1100lbs

I saw my weights go steadily up doing the 5/3/1 programme, then all of a sudden, my gym mojo went. I carried on eating the same amount and put on a heap of weight.

Now I'm struggling to find the time to lift, but it'll come back, I'm sure. And when it does, I'm going for more PBs at a lighter bodyweight. My deadlift really ought to be 250+kg, so that needs work. It would be nice to get a 3 plate (140kg) bench in there - I did attempt it, but it wasn't budging (yet the 135kg flew up - just wish I'd tried the 140kg first...)

Sounds like you have a lot to retool. Here's hoping for a comeback!
    TR0berts wrote: »
    I gotta stop coming back to this thread.

At least until after April 2nd. Oh, who am I kidding? I'll screw something up at the meet.

When is your meet @TR0berts ?
    Options
    Meet director posted the results.

I finished 10/17 in my weight class (105kg) weighing in at 93.4kg/205.9 pounds. I had a meet total of 530kg/1168 pounds that counted with a (Wilkes) score of 332.26.

First place in my weight class finished with 712.5; 425.93.

Bottom place in my weight class finished with 445; 277.46.

Respectable.
  • rlpomeroy
    rlpomeroy Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I was a competitive powerlifter in a former life...lol 30 years ago. Back then, with my bodyweight at 270, I had a 425 bench, 625 squat, and a 650 deadlift. I'm just getting back to the gym now and mostly trying to drop some weight, but I will probably start some lifting again. Not likely that I'll ever get back to competing though.