Working towards a goal....getting below 300

Options

Replies

• MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    301.6 as of this morning... sooo close to that 300 mark.
  • deannaaaaaaaaa
    deannaaaaaaaaa Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I just read through this entire thread, and just wanted to say I'm super impressed by your commitment! Your rate of loss is very impressive, and glad to see your bloodwork came out spiffy :)
    All the best!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I think you're doing awesome

But would add my voice to those who are concerned for your wellbeing at the rate of loss

How are your bloods looking? If you haven't had a full workup get one

My recommendation would be keep up with the major commitment

Increase your protein to a minimum of 0.64g per lb bodyweight, fat to a minimum of 0.35g per lb bodyweight - increase your calories to a minimum of 1500 - probably more like 2000 TBH

Introduce some resistance work - bodyweight only based on your size - resistance helps preserve those wonderful muscles you've developed just by being overweight - you are going to lose some muscle with fat loss but you want to keep as much as you possibly can so that when that fat drops you have a good strong musculature. At this stage it would be inadvisable to add too much weight

look at you are your gym or nerdfitness.com bodyweight

you will be thankful you did

and keep on keeping on

you've got this - you just need to slow it down

Well said!
  • MalkinMagic71
    edited January 2016
    Options
    295.4 this morning. First major goal hit. I see my pcp in a couple weeks, will reevaluate my calorie intake, probably going to be increasing more since I'm still losing too quickly.

Bloodwork was fine a few weeks ago, minus the RBC being too high, but that was there when I was heavy too, not really weight related. My other bloodwork came back fine, and I am getting another full workup when I see my doctor next friday.

It's just so hard now to eat more when I feel full. Plus I am working out even more becuase it feels so good when I work out. It's like an addiction to working out.

Still trying to find the balance, but so far I am happy with where I am at, and I feel great.
  • MalkinMagic71
    Options
    291.3 today. Hope to get in the 250-260 range by my birthday May 4th.
  • vcbouch
    vcbouch Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow. You are soooo inspiring! I think by next week you'll have lost 100 pounds! Amazing
  • kf1834
    kf1834 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Kudos!
  • MalkinMagic71
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words. Just gotta keep plugging away.
  • KeyLimePie189
    KeyLimePie189 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!
  • NikkiMichelleS
    NikkiMichelleS Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You're doing amazing being so consistent & dedicated to your goals.
    I'm glad the loss rate is slowing, as other stated previously it was a bit high. 4-5 pounds in a week is still high but you're doing incredible. Keep if up!!
  • MalkinMagic71
    Options
    286.8 this morning. Officially past the 100lb barrier. Seeing my PCP tonight. Actually looking forward to stepping on the scale tonight. I know i will be a few lbs heavier cause it will be after I've eaten breakfast and lunch and I'll have clothes on... that being said I'm sure he will be happy with my progress. Hoping that we can have a discussion about a plan to get me off my blood pressure medication soon.

Also will go over my recent bloodwork tests which from what I could read looked pretty good, nothing high, nothing out of the ordinary, but we shall see.
  • konagirl64
    konagirl64 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I've been following your story since you started.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    286.8 this morning. Officially past the 100lb barrier. Seeing my PCP tonight. Actually looking forward to stepping on the scale tonight. I know i will be a few lbs heavier cause it will be after I've eaten breakfast and lunch and I'll have clothes on... that being said I'm sure he will be happy with my progress. Hoping that we can have a discussion about a plan to get me off my blood pressure medication soon.

Also will go over my recent bloodwork tests which from what I could read looked pretty good, nothing high, nothing out of the ordinary, but we shall see.

Did you ever think you'd say that and mean it

Excellent commitment ...keep it up
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Love that you keep updating this thread. I've been around MFP for a while now, and so many come in and quickly disappear.
  • MalkinMagic71
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement and kind words again.
  • Stanley1903
    Stanley1903 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hey, @MalkinMagic71 if you're interested in having a friend that's gonna be using MFP a loooonnnngggg time and is super committed, please feel free to send me a request. I have lost 25.6 lb so far and have at least around 20 left. I plan to keep logging everything for a very long time in maintenance. Congratulations on your impressive weight loss!
  • MalkinMagic71
    Options
    Back from the doctors. My bloodwork was all excellent. He was very happy with my progress. Blood pressure is almost in normal ranges. He suggested to up my calorie intake a bit more since I'm exercising so much and he feels I will still see good progress. Go back in 3ish months for another followup to check in.
  • MalkinMagic71
    Options
    282.4 this morning. Probably lost an extra pound just cause I was sick for a day and a half and didn't eat much, but still trending downwards so I'm happy about that.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Back from the doctors. My bloodwork was all excellent. He was very happy with my progress. Blood pressure is almost in normal ranges. He suggested to up my calorie intake a bit more since I'm exercising so much and he feels I will still see good progress. Go back in 3ish months for another followup to check in.

this is awesomesauce

you are really on top of this

• MalkinMagic71
    Options
    278.8 this morning.