The Clean Eating Delusion...

2456719

Replies

  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,917 Member
    Nage3000 wrote: »
    Why write this?

    To bash other people's line of thinking? To prove that you are somehow fitness intelligent superior to those ignorant peons that choose to eat organic or gluten free? No you're weak minded and weak willed. Only willing to accept that eating whatever you think is healthy is the only way to "be healthy".

    After 20 years of research there is no evidence of any health risk to any currently available GMO foods.
    I'm not God, and I'm not smart enough to play God by creating GENETICALLY MODIFIED FOOD, or to conduct scientific experiments to prove whether or not they are safe. But I'm smart enough to guess that using super powerful pesticides that kill a huge portion of insect life probably has some effect on me. I'm smart enough to infer that maybe the food industry has a monetary interest in making sure we don't know exactly what effects GMOs have on humans.

    Regardless, if I decide to eat organic or not, *kitten* off why do you care? If the "healthiness" of organics is completely placebo, why does it affect you? More importantly, the vast majority of Americans are not unhealthy because of their internal debate over organic or GMO, it's cause they eat *kitten*.

    In order to avoid “Food Babe” level ignorance on this issue (“if you can’t pronounce it, you shouldn’t eat it”), some have made the distinction between natural and synthetic chemicals. This is a false dichotomy, however.
    Making that statement is powerful, “if you can’t pronounce it, you shouldn’t eat it”. For a person who knows nothing about nutrition, about what is healthy and what isn't, the simplest and most effective way of eliminating bad stuff from your diet, is pronouncing what's in your diet.

    And you're argument? Some chemicals are good in certain portions, which I decide upon. Great, tell that to the fat woman who's shoving twinkies down her pie whole that some of the chemicals in that twinkie are only harmful if consumed in large quantities.

    There is this constant struggle to dictate what is healthy: eat GMOs they're good for you, eat organic GMOs kill you, eat raw vegetables because it's alive, eat steamed veggies cause it's easily digestible.

    How about minding your own business, learning about the benefits and negatives of an eating style that you can accept to improve your own life?

    ....Well that wouldn't be as much fun as arguing on a forum: Carbs make you fat, eat Ketogenics.

    How DARE he try educating people about the scientific realities of what we're eating instead of feelings. How DARE he tell me my diet isn't sent by the gods of nutrition to make me better than those dirty **** eaters.
  • evolution328
    evolution328 Posts: 83 Member
    <3<3<3
  • JQuinnLife
    JQuinnLife Posts: 102 Member
    How DARE he try educating people about the scientific realities of what we're eating instead of feelings. How DARE he tell me my diet isn't sent by the gods of nutrition to make me better than those dirty **** eaters.

    That's exactly my point.

    the scientific realities of what we're eating

    Only in MFP forums could you say scientific realities without providing any scientific evidence. #fatlogicFTW
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Nage3000 wrote: »
    Why write this?

    To bash other people's line of thinking? To prove that you are somehow fitness intelligent superior to those ignorant peons that choose to eat organic or gluten free? No you're weak minded and weak willed. Only willing to accept that eating whatever you think is healthy is the only way to "be healthy".

    After 20 years of research there is no evidence of any health risk to any currently available GMO foods.
    I'm not God, and I'm not smart enough to play God by creating GENETICALLY MODIFIED FOOD, or to conduct scientific experiments to prove whether or not they are safe. But I'm smart enough to guess that using super powerful pesticides that kill a huge portion of insect life probably has some effect on me. I'm smart enough to infer that maybe the food industry has a monetary interest in making sure we don't know exactly what effects GMOs have on humans.

    11817028_436425753211599_5582578575228610658_n.png?oh=0c516fdfb81841b463ea9a39d05c37db&oe=5732EC61


    Regardless, if I decide to eat organic or not, *kitten* off why do you care? If the "healthiness" of organics is completely placebo, why does it affect you? More importantly, the vast majority of Americans are not unhealthy because of their internal debate over organic or GMO, it's cause they eat *kitten*.

    11080942_369413026579539_3718573463470144343_n.png?oh=eaa9dfe015ce92a99012fedaf4bac39b&oe=573FEEB1
    In order to avoid “Food Babe” level ignorance on this issue (“if you can’t pronounce it, you shouldn’t eat it”), some have made the distinction between natural and synthetic chemicals. This is a false dichotomy, however.
    Making that statement is powerful, “if you can’t pronounce it, you shouldn’t eat it”. For a person who knows nothing about nutrition, about what is healthy and what isn't, the simplest and most effective way of eliminating bad stuff from your diet, is pronouncing what's in your diet.

    11692596_640121742792032_4429887299058588359_n.jpg?oh=326d5dddcb03fbcf639b8e42318dcdd0&oe=573C6D20

    ....Well that wouldn't be as much fun as arguing on a forum: Carbs make you fat, eat Ketogenics.


    LOL
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Nage3000 wrote: »
    Why write this?

    To bash other people's line of thinking? To prove that you are somehow fitness intelligent superior to those ignorant peons that choose to eat organic or gluten free? No you're weak minded and weak willed. Only willing to accept that eating whatever you think is healthy is the only way to "be healthy".

    After 20 years of research there is no evidence of any health risk to any currently available GMO foods.
    I'm not God, and I'm not smart enough to play God by creating GENETICALLY MODIFIED FOOD, or to conduct scientific experiments to prove whether or not they are safe. But I'm smart enough to guess that using super powerful pesticides that kill a huge portion of insect life probably has some effect on me. I'm smart enough to infer that maybe the food industry has a monetary interest in making sure we don't know exactly what effects GMOs have on humans.

    Regardless, if I decide to eat organic or not, *kitten* off why do you care? If the "healthiness" of organics is completely placebo, why does it affect you? More importantly, the vast majority of Americans are not unhealthy because of their internal debate over organic or GMO, it's cause they eat *kitten*.

    In order to avoid “Food Babe” level ignorance on this issue (“if you can’t pronounce it, you shouldn’t eat it”), some have made the distinction between natural and synthetic chemicals. This is a false dichotomy, however.
    Making that statement is powerful, “if you can’t pronounce it, you shouldn’t eat it”. For a person who knows nothing about nutrition, about what is healthy and what isn't, the simplest and most effective way of eliminating bad stuff from your diet, is pronouncing what's in your diet.

    And you're argument? Some chemicals are good in certain portions, which I decide upon. Great, tell that to the fat woman who's shoving twinkies down her pie whole that some of the chemicals in that twinkie are only harmful if consumed in large quantities.

    There is this constant struggle to dictate what is healthy: eat GMOs they're good for you, eat organic GMOs kill you, eat raw vegetables because it's alive, eat steamed veggies cause it's easily digestible.

    How about minding your own business, learning about the benefits and negatives of an eating style that you can accept to improve your own life?

    ....Well that wouldn't be as much fun as arguing on a forum: Carbs make you fat, eat Ketogenics.

    God didn't create the clothes you wear or the transport you drive or ride around in either so I fail to see your point there.

    On the Organic side, Organic farmers use chemicals strong enough to kill pests also, so again I don't see the point you are trying to make.

    On the carbs make you fat point, they don't. I ate more carbs then I ever have when I had a BMI of just 14.6
  • Nuke_64
    Nuke_64 Posts: 406 Member
    A lot of things on here I can't pronounce.
    apple_E-numbers.jpg



  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,360 Member
    Nage3000 wrote: »
    ...Carbs make you fat, eat Ketogenics.

    That statement all by itself shows that you've chosen an "agenda" over science.
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    I disagree. Microwaves are only good for reheating food previously cooked using a better cooking method. And ramen.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,405 Member
    I <3 this post.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    11892057_441698529350988_1457316099014801101_n.png?oh=0505afa3e403a65b0796af6df531abae&oe=5706B9F5
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    I'm always shocked at the ignorance towards GMO, the people who are against it have no idea what they are talking about and the ones for or no opinion are informed, coincidence?
  • elite_nal
    elite_nal Posts: 127 Member
    Nage3000 wrote: »
    Why write this?

    To bash other people's line of thinking? To prove that you are somehow fitness intelligent superior to those ignorant peons that choose to eat organic or gluten free? No you're weak minded and weak willed. Only willing to accept that eating whatever you think is healthy is the only way to "be healthy".

    After 20 years of research there is no evidence of any health risk to any currently available GMO foods.
    I'm not God, and I'm not smart enough to play God by creating GENETICALLY MODIFIED FOOD, or to conduct scientific experiments to prove whether or not they are safe. But I'm smart enough to guess that using super powerful pesticides that kill a huge portion of insect life probably has some effect on me. I'm smart enough to infer that maybe the food industry has a monetary interest in making sure we don't know exactly what effects GMOs have on humans.

    Regardless, if I decide to eat organic or not, *kitten* off why do you care? If the "healthiness" of organics is completely placebo, why does it affect you? More importantly, the vast majority of Americans are not unhealthy because of their internal debate over organic or GMO, it's cause they eat *kitten*.

    In order to avoid “Food Babe” level ignorance on this issue (“if you can’t pronounce it, you shouldn’t eat it”), some have made the distinction between natural and synthetic chemicals. This is a false dichotomy, however.
    Making that statement is powerful, “if you can’t pronounce it, you shouldn’t eat it”. For a person who knows nothing about nutrition, about what is healthy and what isn't, the simplest and most effective way of eliminating bad stuff from your diet, is pronouncing what's in your diet.

    And you're argument? Some chemicals are good in certain portions, which I decide upon. Great, tell that to the fat woman who's shoving twinkies down her pie whole that some of the chemicals in that twinkie are only harmful if consumed in large quantities.

    There is this constant struggle to dictate what is healthy: eat GMOs they're good for you, eat organic GMOs kill you, eat raw vegetables because it's alive, eat steamed veggies cause it's easily digestible.

    How about minding your own business, learning about the benefits and negatives of an eating style that you can accept to improve your own life?

    ....Well that wouldn't be as much fun as arguing on a forum: Carbs make you fat, eat Ketogenics.



    bivzdmpglyuv.jpg
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    This is priceless. One cannot argue science or logic with those who deny the basic rules of either.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    I'm always shocked at the ignorance towards GMO, the people who are against it have no idea what they are talking about and the ones for or no opinion are informed, coincidence?

    kzn4a8lvo71j.png


  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,917 Member
    I'm always shocked at the ignorance towards GMO, the people who are against it have no idea what they are talking about and the ones for or no opinion are informed, coincidence?

    kzn4a8lvo71j.png


    My favorite is the zombie kids munching on corn.
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    I know how to pronounce Worcestershire, but I still accidentally mispronounce it about half of the time when I say it out loud. I am leaving it in the unclean pile.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,577 Member
    I'm always shocked at the ignorance towards GMO, the people who are against it have no idea what they are talking about and the ones for or no opinion are informed, coincidence?

    Truth? Um, no.
  • JQuinnLife
    JQuinnLife Posts: 102 Member
    @FunkyTobias

    Using internet memes to dispel internet memes...

    817ckwt9nb0q.gif
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    I disagree people who don't eat clean have been found to have massive amounts of dihydrogen monoxide in their bodies.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,523 Member
    oh shame, shame, shame...

    I see bars on a user that did not have them after their first post. I think this means we can just dismiss anything they're saying as they are obviously a troublemaker.