Brands you will not purchase because of the commercial?

Options

Replies

• jennramone
    jennramone Posts: 12
    Options
    Woman: I cannot live another day without air conditioning. Man: Says tomorrow's going to be hotter. W: Hotter? M: Like yesterday. W: Yesterday? Yesterday you said you'd call sears. M: I'll call today. W: You'll call now. M: I'll call now

Sears Spokesman: Now's the time to save on sears installed central air conditioning. Get 0 % finance charge, no billing, and no payments until august with the sears charge home improvement plan. Call now for a free in home estimate on a Kenmore air conditioning system. state of the art engineering means greater energy efficiency. A new Kenmore could save 10 to 44 % on your annual cooling costs. in time, even pay for itself. sears also offers fast emergency installation. a five year warranty on parts and labor. plus our satisfaction guarantee and you know Sears'll be there to back it up. get 0% finance charge, no billing, no payments until august. offer ends may 31

W: So what's the paper say about tomorrow? M: Another scorcher. W: Cool.

RAAAAAAAAGE
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Any commercial where they COPY/STEAL a marketing idea from another company or advertising firm!

- ...where 3 people repeat the same phrase - repeat the same phrase - repeat the same phrase - to make a point.

- Dairy Queen - stop copying Old Spice! How cheap are you??????
    It's practically plagiarism!

To advertising firms out there: If you aren't creative enough to come up with your own ideas, bow out and go work at a mall !!!!!!!
  • hjsyndrome
    hjsyndrome Posts: 215
    Options
    I dont judge products by thier commercials. Unless someone of the ilk of Saddam Huesein is puching the product I really dont care.
  • NobodyKnows
    NobodyKnows Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    A lot of great examples. Thanks for sharing.
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I hate that kid almost as much as the one from 2 1/2 men - which I refuse to watch due to that kid!
    [/quote]

That kid from 2 1/2 men will be in therapy for years. And where are the kid's parents--they're the ones who made the stupid decision to allow him to be in the show? I hate that show!
  • curvygirl512
    Options
    Must agree with the Old Navy suggestion as well as "Flo" from Progressive. I gotta say though, one of my all time favorite commercials is the Geico Drill Sergeant. Every once in a while I watch it again on U-Tube.

LOVE the Geico Drill Sergeant. The best I've seen in a long time. Still not going to purchase fr Geico.
  • NobodyKnows
    NobodyKnows Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    That kid from 2 1/2 men will be in therapy for years. And where are the kid's parents--they're the ones who made the stupid decision to allow him to be in the show? I hate that show!

If you hate the show now, wait until Ashton Kutcher makes it worse.
  • curvygirl512
    Options
    Last post, I promise. I can't remember the company name, but the talk of seniors buying health insurance makes me gag. They make it sound as simple as vacuuming the carpet or drying the silverware. Sorry, but bad, bad acting.
  • rundgrenfan
    rundgrenfan Posts: 211
    Options
    There is a new ad with a kid lecturing us about geothermal heat. Bosch, I think. He's so obnoxious that I really can't even listen to the ad.
  • donbet69
    donbet69 Posts: 133
    Options
    I pick things up and I put them down.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Not that I won't purchase something based off a commercial, but I find these particularly meh:

E*Trade. I might be in the minority here but I do not find talking babies "cute" in any way... at all.

Corona. Hey, you too can have cool parties with the cool kids if you drink our sh itty beer.

Geico. The Caveman thing? Think I missed the boat on this one. These played non-stop during hockey. Ugh.

On the other hand, Old Spice? Old Spice deodorant commercials rock my socks.

And another old but good one, the Bridgestone "Reply All" email. When the guy rips out the cables in the server room and comes flying down out of the tree? I laugh my *kitten* off every time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaO8WltLmEk
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    If that commercial comes on and my son catches even a second of it he sings that song ALL DAY. "You could get with this, or you could get with that..." Lord it's awful.

Lol!

I have to throw Aflac in there. I can't stand that stupid duck.

There is a commercial in my area for a website called Cougarlife. HATE, HATE, HATE.

"I'm a cougar. She's a cougar. We're all cougars. Men love cougars. Don't you want to date a cougar too?" Over and over and over again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VYG57yFSIk
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh, I hate the Hungry Howie's ads. Those two nerdy guys & the one has sweaty pits. Gross. I made this comment on my FB page to find that my cousin films those! lol
    I also don't like a product that slams another product.
    Or the erectile disfunction commercials. Or the ones where they are like life-like cartoon people??? Ok, so this is why I watch very little TV & listen to XM with NO commercials!
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    T-Mobile commercials. I will never become a customer but Ill tell you what that girl sure would interest me.....just not in a phone
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    How did I forget this one?

The Your Baby Can Read commercial. Yuppy, pretentious, annoying, pushy P.O.S. parents. Oy vey.
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    When I say Hillshire you say Farm. Hillshire. Farm. Go meat!

ughhhh
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I don't pay any attention to TV Commercials. What I base my picks on is the font in printed advertisements. If is has Arial Narrow or Century Schoolmark, I'm not buying it.
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Remember when Quizno's had those annoying scary looking singing hamster things????

I mean Quizno's wasn't ever really that good to begin with but after those it's not even an option.

HAHA! Made me laugh because when I saw those I thought, "What genius in marketing decided a rodent is an appetizing spokesperson for fast food?"

Chuck-E-Cheese uses a rodent as well!
  • LauraMarie37
    LauraMarie37 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Not that I won't purchase something based off a commercial, but I find these particularly meh:

E*Trade. I might be in the minority here but I do not find talking babies "cute" in any way... at all.

Corona. Hey, you too can have cool parties with the cool kids if you drink our sh itty beer.

On the other hand, Old Spice? Old Spice deodorant commercials rock my socks.

Agree with you on all three of these!! Especially the babies. Babies=cute. Babies who sound like 34 year old frat boys = not cute at all. And really unsettling.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    How did I forget this one?

The Your Baby Can Read commercial. Yuppy, pretentious, annoying, pushy P.O.S. parents. Oy vey.

That one right there! Yes! Let babies be babies for crying out loud! My kidis are grown up and my grandkids aren't babies anymore but I would never buy that as a gift for anyone.