560lbs - LONG WAY TO GO - Who has my back?

Options

Replies

• buttersbunch
    buttersbunch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My lunch today: leftover baked cod (from last night), leftover roasted carrots (also last night) and fresh grilled string beans: total calories: 217

Just showing you can eat a BIG healthy meal without a 'big' amount of calories!

vy5ichcey9e7.jpeg
  • akern1987
    akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Well welcome to MFP, we are happy to have you and way to go on taking this first ever so important step toward a better lifestyle. Using this site really does work, and you will see great results. Please add me, I have a lot to lose as well (currently hanging about 340lbs) so I feel your pain and am with you! Good Luck! :smiley:
  • hittrain
    hittrain Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It's about progress and not perfection; it sounds like you're motivated to crush this thing. Take it one day at a time and leverage the resources/people on MFP. I'm 6'5" as well and on my way from 390 to 265. Feel free to add me as a friend.

One of the most helpful tips I have is to share your diary and look at the diary of others. Great ides on how to improve and different options for variety in foods.

Jon
  • buttersbunch
    buttersbunch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Rethinking my relationship with food, feelings, and every other aspect of my life is how I arrived at the place I am today! I lost 275 pounds (410 to 135), emotional baggage, and 'religion' to become the healthiest I have ever been physically, emotionally and spiritually!

az6pcqz27p69.jpeg
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    climbingup wrote: »
    Thanks for all the great advice and words of encouragement. Its good to hear from people who have already traveled this road.

Everyone on here is on the same journey to fitness and health. Post any time for support. Some are further along than you and others are just starting. Some look "perfect" in their pics but took a lot of work to get there. You came to the right place- welcome!

• Suzanne106
    Suzanne106 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Good for you for getting started! May I suggest using the BodyGym by Marie Osmond? I started using it 3 weeks ago and I have lost tons of inches and have reshaped my arms and legs. You can do it throughout the day and it's easy and fun. That might help with the motivation part because you will see results in very little time. Good Luck!
  • sdesrosiers
    sdesrosiers Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. I have lost and regained the same 25 pounds for 22 years. since the birth of my daughter. Like they say never say die, so here I go again. The only thing I know for sure about weight loss is that logging the food and exercise makes a world of difference. It took me a while to figure out that not logging everything was one of my most crippling mistakes. So, i begin again...today.
  • VansBel374
    VansBel374 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Way to go for getting started! Take it day by day! You're in the right place for support and motivation! Fee free to add me so we can share in the journey!
  • Jayz395
    Jayz395 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    It's will be hard at times and there will be speed humps, but stay strong you'll get there
  • climbingup
    climbingup Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Day 3... hasn't been bad. Been a little grumpy - lol Need to boost up my exercise a little within the next week or two.
  • Allira_11
    Allira_11 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    lets go!
  • Itreadlightly
    Itreadlightly Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    tabloop wrote: »
    Can I make it to the end of the day in the best way I know how? -
    That quote (can't remember who it's by) has helped me a lot.

Thanks for posting that- nice☺️
  • lenalovestofish
    lenalovestofish Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am 35 and diabetic . I too hope to see grandkids one day. Good luck to you, we got this!
  • climbingup
    Options
    On Day 4, Not sure if its getting easier or harder. Bought a vegetable steamer. Changing the meals we eat at home seems to be the hardest... All Good though - No Stopping!
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    climbingup wrote: »
    On Day 4, Not sure if its getting easier or harder. Bought a vegetable steamer. Changing the meals we eat at home seems to be the hardest... All Good though - No Stopping!

Excellent. Small changes. baby steps. How's your water intake?
  • Remoth
    Remoth Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Vegetable steamer sounds like a good idea. Cooked veggies I have no problem with, most raw ones I really don't care for, they usually need so much ranch dressing, it counteracts any good the veggie is doing IMO. Haha. Broccoli is a good example. A big head steamed with a tablespoon of cheese wiz on top melted I can eat all day, but raw, no thanks. Hope you enjoy it.
  • climbingup
    Options
    Day 1 - 64oz
    Day 2 - 64oz
    Day 3 - 48 oz
    Day 4 - Will get to 64oz
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Great job on the water. I learned for me, the trick is to start early. If I start after 11am it's tough to drink that much water. It's almost 2 and I've only had 24oz...ugghh :#
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Once you find your groove it does get easier, good luck to you!
  • Scousemaggie
    Scousemaggie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking your first step. You will find a lot of support and information on this site. Slow and steady is the way to go, it's not a race. Good luck x