560lbs - LONG WAY TO GO - Who has my back?

Options

Replies

• trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Yay! Welcome ;) You will receive tons of support.
  • Nell8i8
    Nell8i8 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    climbingup wrote: »
    Day 3... hasn't been bad. Been a little grumpy - lol Need to boost up my exercise a little within the next week or two.
    This is great thinking. Because nothing burns fat like a little cardio. I'm a big fan of powerwalks! Good luck! :)
  • Nell8i8
    Nell8i8 Posts: 61 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Rethinking my relationship with food, feelings, and every other aspect of my life is how I arrived at the place I am today! I lost 275 pounds (410 to 135), emotional baggage, and 'religion' to become the healthiest I have ever been physically, emotionally and spiritually!

az6pcqz27p69.jpeg

This was awesome to read! great job!
  • mellymint80
    mellymint80 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! It is the first day of the rest of your life!!
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    How's it going?
  • gsnow597
    gsnow597 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Good Luck to you!
  • saralthrash
    saralthrash Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I've got your back! You can do this!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Rethinking my relationship with food, feelings, and every other aspect of my life is how I arrived at the place I am today! I lost 275 pounds (410 to 135), emotional baggage, and 'religion' to become the healthiest I have ever been physically, emotionally and spiritually!

az6pcqz27p69.jpeg

Wow, you nailed it. Well done :)
  • climbingup
    climbingup Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up Day 5. Things are going good. My 8yr old girl has been making me some smoothies looking up recipes online. :-) This week has been about out with the old and in with the new. Old Habits out, New habits in. Old unhealthy groceries out, new veggies and healthy snacks in. Old me out... new me in! I'm determined to stay on track through the weekend. On the way to work this morning I threw 1 pop tart out the car window. I wasn't hungry and new I was about to eat it, sad but true! so I threw it out. I promise the thing bounced off the window and landed in my lap! I said "You Dirty Devil get outta here!" And finally got it out!

I got the Victory!!
  • TheChrissyT
    TheChrissyT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    You should be so proud of yourself for taking on the challenge. I had 200lbs to lose when I started and I'm half way done. I think you are brave. It's hard to open up about these things. Just remember that you can't change everything over night, that sometimes you might not do as well as you wanted, but that tomorrow is a new day and you can do it. You don't have to cut every unhealthy thing out of your life in a day (or ever), but plan for it. I look forward to watching your journey and will cheer you on all the way!
  • sadyia15
    sadyia15 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!!! :):)
    You got all our support, n abit of advice expect the dwn days we all hve them. But jus brush it off n keep goin. We believe in you!
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options

On the way to work this morning I threw 1 pop tart out the car window. I wasn't hungry and new I was about to eat it, sad but true! so I threw it out. I promise the thing bounced off the window and landed in my lap! I said "You Dirty Devil get outta here!" And finally got it out!

I got the Victory!!

Hahaha! That is one determined pop tart! Glad you were more determined. Congrats on your victory!
  • MercyOxendine
    MercyOxendine Posts: 105 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    k8es wrote: »
    On the way to work this morning I threw 1 pop tart out the car window. I wasn't hungry and new I was about to eat it, sad but true! so I threw it out. I promise the thing bounced off the window and landed in my lap! I said "You Dirty Devil get outta here!" And finally got it out!

I got the Victory!!

Way to go! Proud of you! We can do this, one good choice at a time! :):)
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up Day 5. Things are going good. My 8yr old girl has been making me some smoothies looking up recipes online. :-) This week has been about out with the old and in with the new. Old Habits out, New habits in. Old unhealthy groceries out, new veggies and healthy snacks in. Old me out... new me in! I'm determined to stay on track through the weekend. On the way to work this morning I threw 1 pop tart out the car window. I wasn't hungry and new I was about to eat it, sad but true! so I threw it out. I promise the thing bounced off the window and landed in my lap! I said "You Dirty Devil get outta here!" And finally got it out!

I got the Victory!!

Good for you for making the changes. I'm down 111 at the moment and have learned that changing one thing at a time is the best way. And remembering that it's okay not to be perfect.

Love the Pop Tart story :smiley:

• domaha28
    domaha28 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've just started following this board and am overwhelmed by everyone's support. I just cancelled my membership with Weight Watchers due to the changes and the cost and going to follow with MFP. I have my fitbit ready to rock and did my profile. Mind you, I've been signed up on here but lapsed a little bit so now I'm back and I welcome any new friends to help me out and hopefully I can help everyone as well.
  • climbingup
    Options
    domaha28 wrote: »
    I've just started following this board and am overwhelmed by everyone's support. I just cancelled my membership with Weight Watchers due to the changes and the cost and going to follow with MFP. I have my fitbit ready to rock and did my profile. Mind you, I've been signed up on here but lapsed a little bit so now I'm back and I welcome any new friends to help me out and hopefully I can help everyone as well.

I too am OVERWHELMED by the support! It has made my 1st week of the new normal MUCH easier. As I finish out day 6 I know it's only 6 days, but it's went so quick! 1 Dat at a time.

I'm ready too see my weight!... my scale goes up to 559lbs it ALMOST doesn't error out now. I honestly think I was 570lbs or more when I started. I know I've lost this week, I don't know how much and don't really care! I am excited for the first of many milestones... just to KNOW how much I weigh! Fired Up! It's GOING to be within the next few days....when the scale (which does speak) tells me a weight, ANY weight instead of that stupid "beeeeeeeeeeeep" "ERROR" that I currently get!

550's look out I'm joining your club but don't get too attached I'm not sticking around! :smile: :smiley:
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    1st of all congrats on making the 1st step to be healthy .....I wish you nothing but success ....YOU CAN DO IT .... :)
  • MyBoyG
    MyBoyG Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    domaha28 wrote: »
    I'm a recent WW deserter too! I became lifetime back in '99 and struggled over the years getting back to goal. This last program change just didn't sit well with me and I realized that I was losing money every month, not weight :( I'm happy to say I've lost 4.5# since I started 30 days ago, and am eating most everything I was eating before. Love MFP's tracker and being able to follow my nutrients as well as calories; so much easier and motivating than points. Lots of great supporters here and more motivation than you can find at a WW meeting. I'm also a Fitbit wearer so I'll send a friend request for here and the Fitbit app. I love motivation!!

• climbingup
    Options
    Monday! Here we go... PUMPED UP! about to Kill it this week! Let's Do this! its like a determination bomb just exploded! I could run through a wall. WHEW! :-) Oh Yeah! Fired Up!
  • Chaagy
    Chaagy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You are gonna crush this week dude! Keep it up.