Like Minded Lushes June 2011

Options

Replies

• aud82
    aud82 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Love this post... It's Thirsty Thursday... I may just need some support tomorrow... :D BUT, I'm going to drink vodka & water (with Mi0 liquid water enhancer) instead of beer... so that should count for SOMETHING, right?! :)
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Gramma's biopsy came out fine =] AND the boyfriend offered to take her Kitty she's having problems with so we're getting 2 kitties this weekend and my Gram is very happy she doesn't have to put angel down And so am I because he's such a sweet boy.

This calls for celebration tonight :drinker:

In other news, not counting calories has been great and listening to my body has been working, here's to hoping it stays this way.

Sounds like you found a keeper! Its awesome he volunteered!

Aud - that's my go to...I figure I'm hydrating while I'm dehydrating and its more bang for my buck (or calories) :)
  • MartiJJohnston
    Options
    Love this post... It's Thirsty Thursday... I may just need some support tomorrow... :D BUT, I'm going to drink vodka & water (with Mi0 liquid water enhancer) instead of beer... so that should count for SOMETHING, right?! :)

I really need to find a substitute for beer... What flavor Mi0 do you mix with it? I know it's thristy Thursday, but I really need to NOT drink one night this week at least! :embarassed: :ohwell:
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options

I really need to find a substitute for beer... What flavor Mi0 do you mix with it? I know it's thristy Thursday, but I really need to NOT drink one night this week at least! :embarassed: :ohwell:

Try fresh squeezed lemon. Does wonders for the taste and is more natural
  • aud82
    Options
    Fruit Punch, Strawberry Watermelon, & Berry Pomegranate are my favorite! And I haven't checked the calories (but I'm sure it's higher than plain vodka) but cherry vodka is amazing with any of them... tastes just like koolaid! :)
  • aud82
    Options

Try fresh squeezed lemon. Does wonders for the taste and is more natural

Ohhh! I think I figured this 'quoting' thing out! lol!
    I'm not a big fan of lemon... :-/ that's why the Mi0 works well... :) It's a bunch of 'junk' I'm sure... but, it's 0 calories... and it's wonderful! :)
  • aud82
    Options

Just figured the 'quote' thing out... :)
    Fruit Punch, Strawberry Watermelon, & Berry Pomegranate are my favorite! And I haven't checked the calories (but I'm sure it's higher than plain vodka) but cherry vodka is amazing with any of them... tastes just like koolaid! :)
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options

Someone else who rocks the Mio with booze. Good call. I have the punch one and it goes well with vodka and carbonated water.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Last night was a fail, I had two margs then a beer. I just didn't want to drink another marg and didn't want to quit drinking...
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Still no alcohol for me this week. Really surprised I haven't gone straight back to my lushy ways like I did after last time I gave up for a month. Actually I think I must be sickening for something as my mum brought me a bar of chocolate over on Monday and I still haven't eaten it, I've looked at it a couple of times but thought no, I don't fancy it :noway:
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Last night was a fail, I had two margs then a beer. I just didn't want to drink another marg and didn't want to quit drinking...

Ditto.

I had 2 martinis and a Stella with the DELICIOUS Clam and garlic pizza I had last night. It was hard not to get a second slice.
  • ATXJudie
    ATXJudie Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I just added a glass of wine to today's food diary -- let's hope I can keep it at one!

Enjoy Thirsty Thursday fellow lushes!
  • ChaliBahli
    ChaliBahli Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    fun thread- cheers to the spice of life!
  • Stunner97
    Stunner97 Posts: 4
    Options
    Glad to find this thread, definitely know that for me to really be successful with my weight loss I have to control this aspect of my life way better, could def use the support
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Does anyone want to be lush free over the weekend with me? I need to push the sobriety hard to super perform in this contest. First one out of the 170's get an advantage for the next week which I will need d/t lushy sister arrival. I don't want to be eliminated:sad:

Any takers?:huh:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Vacation for me..so I'm not even bothering to log anything.
    I'm doing ok with the eating, the drinking not so great. It's just too easy to grab a glass of wine, a beer or cocktail when you're at the beach!!
    I'm trying to get in a little exercise..but nothing structured. Lots of walking around the amazing shops in Laguna. And of course some ocean/pool time.
    Happy almost weekend all! :drinker:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I would join you Kim but I know I would fail. too much employment stress. But I will support you strong and try to be very moderate in my drinking.:wink:
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    I'd join ya Kim BUT I'm the ONLY lush not on your team!!!:wink::drinker:

Seriously though I'm really thinking a glass of wine or a few shots of whiskey sound super-good right now. I've been in a frump today. Had to get up way earlier than normal, got my water shut off cause I forgot to pay the bill ( had the money... Just forgot:grumble: ), and just had a little drama at work that put me over the edge. My night bartender just tried to tell me she wasn't working if the band was playing... Who does that??? You work at a bar, you can't call in because you don't like the band!!! She's working but still it stressed me out cause that woulda ment I had to work a double today and tomorrow and part of my weekend. Hopefully, I'll calm down and forget about wanting a drink before I get off work:explode:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options

I'd join ya Kim BUT I'm the ONLY lush not on your team!!!:wink::drinker:

I know!!! You should drink and lots of it as well....
  • pattygirl120
    pattygirl120 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm sipping on a glass of champagne as I'm reading these posts....Hmmm.....