I just ate an entire box of Girl Scout cookies. Help!

Options

Replies

• gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    yusaku02 wrote: »
    dafuq is a peanut butter patty? Is that like some kind of communist Tagalong?
    Yes. Thought they're not even worth it anymore. They changed the recipe years ago, the cookie part is crumbly and tasteless and the cookie is half the size it used to be.

This is why you must find a girl scout troop who is still using the Little Brownie Bakers. then you can still get actual tagalongs, samoas, trefoils and do-si-dos. Otherwise your stuck with nasty imitations: peanut butter patties, caramel delights, shortbread cookies and whatever they call the do-si-dos imitations. Thin mints are thin mints regardless of who makes them (but the little brownie bakers ones are so much better). :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that feels that if this post is legitimate that self-destructive impulses like this need to be worked with in therapy? Being fat doesn't start with your stomach...it starts with your brain. If you can sincerely not control yourself with food, you need to consider WHY this is happening...not just how to avoid it in the future.

Also, on a lighter note, Girl Scout cookies are expensive and not even that good. C'mon now.

Something tells me this is not a serious thread
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    hope516 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    There's only 910 calories in a box?!?! I wish I knew some girl scouts

is it pretty bad that was my thought too??? lol

That's the horrible part. I thought "Well, no serious harm done." and yet that fact itself is what makes it tempting to get another box. For now I can just skip lunch and be okay on calories. Am I going to reason that skipping dinner is good next? If they were more calorie dense it would be better I think. It's on the verge of not being terrible but still being bad. Coupled with the supply that I have to walk by every time I get up it's a real storm.

How many of you here could avoid the temptation if you had a box in your bedroom, car, or RIGHT BESIDE YOUR DESK!? It's not an easy thing to avoid. It's not like I'm going to the store to get these. They're here at work! I can see at least 12 more boxes while I'm typing this.

OP, which do you want more, that 2nd box of cookies or to be thinner? You've already indulged, so now it's time to move on.

I keep candy on my desk for my coworkers, and I bring snacks for myself that are filling and tasty, while still satisfying my sweet tooth. Do you pack snacks? If you don't, you need to start, it makes things easier.

Ooh! Ooh! Pick me!

I know the answer to this question!
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Am I the only one that feels that if this post is legitimate that self-destructive impulses like this need to be worked with in therapy? Being fat doesn't start with your stomach...it starts with your brain. If you can sincerely not control yourself with food, you need to consider WHY this is happening...not just how to avoid it in the future.

Also, on a lighter note, Girl Scout cookies are expensive and not even that good. C'mon now.

BLASPHEMOR!!!

DYESamoas?
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    I miss the All Abouts. Those were good.
  • CarboUnload
    CarboUnload Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

I'm okay with that. I am terrible with queues...and not a frequent poster.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

;) awww come on, of COURSE it is....

these are very serious issues.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Lies.

Girl Scout cookies are serious business.
  • CarboUnload
    CarboUnload Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

BLASPHEMOR!!!

DYESamoas?

Truthfully, I haven't eaten one in probably 2 years. I was fit to be tied when they reduced the size, inflated the price and had the NERVE to let Yankee Candle use their cookie names for cookie-scented candles. Insanity.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

Iareseriouscat.jpg?1318992465
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Since we're being serious: I hate oreos. Hate. Them.

And light beer is a heinous abuse of natural resources.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    gobonas99 wrote: »
    Yes. Thought they're not even worth it anymore. They changed the recipe years ago, the cookie part is crumbly and tasteless and the cookie is half the size it used to be.

This is why you must find a girl scout troop who is still using the Little Brownie Bakers. then you can still get actual tagalongs, samoas, trefoils and do-si-dos. Otherwise your stuck with nasty imitations: peanut butter patties, caramel delights, shortbread cookies and whatever they call the do-si-dos imitations. Thin mints are thin mints regardless of who makes them (but the little brownie bakers ones are so much better). :)

Wait, the cookies I grew up loving still exist?

skeptical.jpg

I'll look for LBB this spring though... just in case.
  • phildog49
    phildog49 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Girl scout cookies taste better than waffles
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    The sad thing is that this guy at work has more of them and I'm tempted to buy another box.

130 calories for 2 cookies. 7 servings in a box. That's 910 calories. How do I stop eating more?

Any cookies you enjoy that much are so good the calories you burn enjoying them leave you in a deficit.

True science. Eat away.
  • ashleybreanna13
    ashleybreanna13 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    This is silly. How do you stop? Uhhh, don't keep putting them in your mouth.

I get it but really? No one else can keep you from eating them. Soooo just don't.

Best response ever. Exactly what I was thinking.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I have a similar problem with Tim Tams. I bought a package but I'm okay as long as I haven't opened it. I know there are 90 calories per cookie, but now I'm wondering how many are in a package. But I suspect there are more than 10.

is that a type of jelly bean?
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Aldi sells all the Girl Scout flavored cookies for $1.79, and they're good. (Don't send a pack of angry Girl Scouts after me.)
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    If I do eat another box, which one is the least amount of calories? I'm just trying to make better bad decisions.

These are by far the best girl scout cookies:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDM971QTaonijo49BC_SL8NLnpmWblRtuZT2l8wv3b0ZYvnHuh
  • annie_37
    annie_37 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    If I do eat another box, which one is the least amount of calories? I'm just trying to make better bad decisions.

These are by far the best girl scout cookies:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDM971QTaonijo49BC_SL8NLnpmWblRtuZT2l8wv3b0ZYvnHuh

Heretic.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    gobonas99 wrote: »

My Grandmother was a part of the very first Girl Scouts and my family has contributed to the foundation of the Girl Scouts. My mom was a girl scout troop leader and was responsible for ordering all of our cookies.

There was once an eff up with the ordering (where we got it from both manufacturors) and we were in an area that has both options. We were left with about 8 large boxes (filed with 12? 14? boxes of cookies). We sold a TON but had all those left overs.

My point is... having eaten a crap ton of girl scout cookies from BOTH, my entire life.... There is NOT as big of a difference between the two as people make it out to be. Caramel De Lites are better than samoas a LITTLE bit because they have a more caramelly and lighter chocolate taste, and peanut butter patties are better than tag-a-longs because they are more milk chocolatey. Even though this is the case, i guarantee if you gave these to someone and didnt tell them which one they came form they wouldn't say anything.

Both are great. The difference is minimal. I don't think theres a big enough difference to justify elitism ;)