I just ate an entire box of Girl Scout cookies. Help!

Options

Replies

• starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    after a hot day in the sun I don't reach for a beer at all :) And I love craft beer, but even when I go to a micro-brewer I ask what dark choices they have. I work in a bar, and the whiskey I drink while at work is well whiskey 2.50 a shot, tiny bit of coke, and two pieces of ice. It can be downed in between needy customers. But tonight when I go in, I shall swirl my faux stache and talk about liking music before it cool :wink:
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Since we're being serious: I hate oreos. Hate. Them.

And light beer is a heinous abuse of natural resources.
    What are you talking about?! Guinness only has 120 calories; that's less than 2 cookies. It's definitely light...

You can stay. But I'm not drinking Guinness. NB 1554 or GTFO.

As long as we're talking trash, New Belgian sucks. Odell, same town in Colorado, is a million times better, times one million, plus infinity.
  • lowgen22
    lowgen22 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    The sad thing is that this guy at work has more of them and I'm tempted to buy another box.

130 calories for 2 cookies. 7 servings in a box. That's 910 calories. How do I stop eating more?

Fill yourself up so you aren't hungry at all... eat eggs and bacon for breakfast - do something so that the idea of eating the cookies is unappealing. and what everyone else says, buck up, log it and move on. or, if needed, address the reasons you are eating - most likely emotional, not physical.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on ..... to Waffles :D:D
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

What are you talking about?! Guinness only has 120 calories; that's less than 2 cookies. It's definitely light...

She meant color, I'm assuming. But I guess I've made that clear by now.

I'm pretty sure by "light beer" she meant "light beer"...

...as in lower calorie light beer (aka goat urine).
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

I'm pretty sure by "light beer" she meant "light beer"...

...as in lower calorie light beer (aka goat urine).

Nah..goat urine has more (and probably better) flavor than light beer
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    lowgen22 wrote: »
    The sad thing is that this guy at work has more of them and I'm tempted to buy another box.

130 calories for 2 cookies. 7 servings in a box. That's 910 calories. How do I stop eating more?

Fill yourself up so you aren't hungry at all... eat eggs and bacon for breakfast - do something so that the idea of eating the cookies is unappealing. and what everyone else says, buck up, log it and move on. or, if needed, address the reasons you are eating - most likely emotional, not physical.

If I had eggs and bacon for breakfast, girl scout cookies would be a perfect dessert!
  • JustinAnimal
    Options
    So Guinness then?
  • JustinAnimal
    Options
    Trash talkers gonna talk trash, regardless of limited experiences, going with popular opinion... boring.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    lowgen22 wrote: »

If I had eggs and bacon for breakfast, girl scout cookies would be a perfect dessert!

#MacroBalance
  • myfelinepal
    myfelinepal Posts: 13,000 Member
    Options
    1. Buy a gun.
    2. Kill girl scouts
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

No, I mean calories. But thank you for your input.

And I will NOT grow up. You can't make me. YOU'RE NOT MY MOM!
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    So Guinness then?

I like guiness, a local place here has a jack Daniel porter that I would buy by the keg. there is one called Rouge I like, Negra Mondelo is good. I think the moral of the story is I don't like beer... I like beer that resembles chocolate :)
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I just thought that if she knew what was in them, it might make it harder to eat them. That's all. Sometimes that works for me.

I you're trying to share scientific facts, Food Babe is not the place to start.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    p8ez3tbe3bk3.jpg
    I've had so many Girl Scout cookies people lift my eyelids to know what the temperature is outside. Mercury....in a cookie?!? Is there a pledge pin on my uniform?!?!?!?
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I found a foolproof way to resist temptation when it comes to girl scout cookies, which are delicious.

Develop an already to peanuts and one to soy.

Unfortunately this is not widely applicable. When I started controlling my food intake, I realized quickly that I simply can't keep cookies around regularly. They are too delicious.
  • kcoty001
    kcoty001 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    In college I had a box of thin mints in my freezer once... when id get home from the gym Id have one cookie... mid second week I went to have a cookie and realized my roommate thought they were pretty good too! That ended that treat, no will power involved.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

As long as we're talking trash, New Belgian sucks. Odell, same town in Colorado, is a million times better, times one million, plus infinity.

Clearly we don't know each other. I'm familiar with said town and ALL of the breweries there, and many in the surrounding area. NB and Odell are merely the two in the area which are well known. However, if I were to start listing my favorites from one of the many far-superior breweries from said towns, the references would be lost on people as these brews are not distributed nationally. I try to keep my discussion relevant to the group.

I'm a beer geek, not a beer elitest. Nice to meet you.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

Clearly we don't know each other. I'm familiar with said town and ALL of the breweries there, and many in the surrounding area. NB and Odell are merely the two in the area which are well known. However, if I were to start listing my favorites from one of the many far-superior breweries from said towns, the references would be lost on people as these brews are not distributed nationally. I try to keep my discussion relevant to the group.

I'm a beer geek, not a beer elitest. Nice to meet you.

I'm wearing a shirt from Equinox Brewing and a Black Bottle Brewing beanie as I sip a Citradelic Tangerine IPA from New Belgium that I opened with my Odell Brewing key chain opener and poured into my double walled stainless cup from Telluride Brewing. The Zwei Brewing coaster wasn't necessary for this cup.

• HelenHAHAHA
    HelenHAHAHA Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Look up alternative, healthier, snack items and stock up on them. I have a weakness for the vanilla girl guide cookies and the Fruit Creme Peek Freans. I know if I buy them I will eat them all. So I don't buy them. I find alternate sweet snacks. Right now, my freezer is rocking' frozen banana PB choc bites. Not the same but I can easily quit at 2.