I just ate an entire box of Girl Scout cookies. Help!

Options

Replies

• samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    When I hear 'light beer' I assume that it's referring to a diet macro beer aka water, rather than a session beer like Siren QIPA (2.8% ABV and thoroughly tasty).

On the beer pairing note, I bet Ska Vernal Minthe Stout (brewed with peppermint, spearmint, cocoa nibs and vanilla) would go wonderfully with these Thin Mints that keep being mentioned.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

kshama2001 wrote: »
    I just thought that if she knew what was in them, it might make it harder to eat them. That's all. Sometimes that works for me.

@kayemallory - all of those points are important to me, so thanks for posting. People see "Food Babe" and see no more.

and everything in that meme was a bunch of woo woo …so it was not just 'food babe'
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    samgamgee wrote: »
    When I hear 'light beer' I assume that it's referring to a diet macro beer aka water, rather than a session beer like Siren QIPA (2.8% ABV and thoroughly tasty).

On the beer pairing note, I bet Ska Vernal Minthe Stout (brewed with peppermint, spearmint, cocoa nibs and vanilla) would go wonderfully with these Thin Mints that keep being mentioned.

I took my mother to a small brew pub in Estes Park, Colorado, and she asked if they had something that tasted like Coors. They said sure, and handed her a glass of water...
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I just thought that if she knew what was in them, it might make it harder to eat them. That's all. Sometimes that works for me.

@kayemallory - all of those points are important to me, so thanks for posting. People see "Food Babe" and see no more.

Do also avoid flying because of the high levels of nitrogen in airplane air?
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    What you waiting for op? Finish another box.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Log & learn...
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    A lot of gullible people and the food babe, lol!!!! Ohh my rib hurts!!

OP, go ahead eat the 2nd box.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

I took my mother to a small brew pub in Estes Park, Colorado, and she asked if they had something that tasted like Coors. They said sure, and handed her a glass of water...

I laughed harder than I probably should have at that. She's lucky they didn't pee in it first. ;)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options

Do also avoid flying because of the high levels of nitrogen in airplane air?

I don't avoid artificial flavors because OMG TOXINS but because I don't like them and think companies who use them have low quality standards. And if you think there's nothing wrong with partially hydrogenated oil, we're just going to have to agree to disagree.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

I've heard it said that "Coors Light is like making whoopie in a canoe - it's effin' near water!". :)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    The same people who bash light beer (color or calories) are the same people who bash chardonnay roundly. You need to taste more before you bash and entire style / varietal. It's not an elitist statement, it's just a fact.

Light beer (and least in 'Murrka) is a derivation of a "regular" beer. Coors light is a derivation of Coors. Bud light is of Budweiser. Etc etc. In no case that I have ever discovered is the light version of a beer better than or even equal to the regular version.
  • jofjltncb6
    edited January 2016
    Options
  • jofjltncb6
    edited January 2016
    Options
  • jofjltncb6
    edited January 2016
    Options
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Are you telling me I can eat 2 boxes of GS cookies in a day and still maintain a 500 cal a day deficit??? :hushed:
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    p8ez3tbe3bk3.jpg

Smh

Fear mongering and spreading woo makes me sad :(
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Are you telling me I can eat 2 boxes of GS cookies in a day and still maintain a 500 cal a day deficit??? :hushed:

Yes.... why yes you can.... I prefer the coconut ones though.....
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »

Yes.... why yes you can.... I prefer the coconut ones though.....

Samoas are the food of the gods.

And someone needs to track down "Food Babe" and beat her senseless with a box of Krispy Kremes. She's the Sarah Palin of food blogs.
  • carmkizzle
    carmkizzle Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    This is silly. How do you stop? Uhhh, don't keep putting them in your mouth.

I get it but really? No one else can keep you from eating them. Soooo just don't.

Exactly :|
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Girl Scout cookies are disgusting. THERE, I SAID IT.

A box of Twinkies, however...