What do you miss after weight loss?

Options

Replies

• crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    juleelee wrote: »
    Funny you mention missing your big boobs...I can't WAIT to have my little boobies back! ;)

I was excited for smaller boobs too. They still only went down about a size, but now they are so droopy. :(
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i miss eating ' whatever, whenever' lol
  • Osiris275
    Osiris275 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I miss not caring about what I ate, life was easier before food scales and calorie logging!

I also miss the warmth...although I'm not at my goal weight I've lost 71lbs and god it's cold!
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I thought I would miss mindless eating so much, but right now I feel like I eat more than I ever ate. Or I feel way more satisfied at least. So, I can't really say I miss the old portions, at least not yet...
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Osiris275 wrote: »
    I miss not caring about what I ate, life was easier before food scales and calorie logging!

I also miss the warmth...although I'm not at my goal weight I've lost 71lbs and god it's cold!

yup! definitely this!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Osiris275 wrote: »

no truer words have ever been spoken......

• spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I miss nothing at all. The pleasure of being confident with my body size has completely overshadowed the facts that my boobs have disappeared and the I have more wrinkles on my face.

I don't miss struggling with my clothes, feeling embarrassed at photos, pretending that my belly is not that bad, fooling myself into believing that I had a big bone frame to justify my weight, feeling guilty about eating...
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I miss all of the money I've had to spend on clothes that fit me now (and in between). I mean I shop clearance like a mofo, but it still adds up.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I miss how easy it used to be to shave my underarms. It's so hard to shave my underarms, like I need a mirror because I can't see what I'm doing and I just can't angle the razor right.

That said, everything else that needs shaving is world's apart easier than it was when I was 130 lbs heavier.

I don't miss anything else, really. I do miss large portions, mindless eating, and alcohol to excess, but I don't miss the consequences - they kind of go hand-in-hand.
  • ckfox95
    ckfox95 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yes, I miss my boobs!! Oh and the fact that now I am always cold and used to be hot. But I wouldn't change a thing!
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Lost a lot (100), then put a lot back (55), though not all of it. Working on taking it off again (16 down and counting).

At my smallest I missed having decent tits and a nice butt, I hated the excess skin, I was cold all the damn time, my butt hurt sitting for any extended time (say, a movie) and, yes, low blood pressure/light headed/brown out when standing.

Here is hoping that resistance exercise will help with some of that and that I can swing plastics this time. As far as the cold and near fainting when standing...maybe I will need to wear a body stocking under my clothes. :D

Or maybe I just won't lose as much this time. At some point I went from feeling better and better to feeling worse. Time will tell.
  • orchidbutterflies
    orchidbutterflies Posts: 59 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Nothing.
    I don't miss:
    -The crippling depression and anxiety that kept me housebound for the better part of a decade.
    -Dropping out of High School & losing those years of education because of aforementioned anxiety. I was an honour student. I'm now 22 and only just able to work on getting my diploma.
    -Having a miserable childhood because I was bullied all the time for my weight & missed out on so many milestones.
    -Only showering a couple of times a week because I couldn't handle the strain of standing that long & experiencing blood sugar issues that would make me extremely faint while in the shower.
    -Being hot ALL. THE. TIME. I'm talking, going outside barefoot in the (Canadian) winter and being fine. Winter was my favourite season.
    -Getting rashes on my neck and behind my ears from sweating so much in my sleep.
    -Having Acanthosis Nigricans due to being so overweight. Even when I could go out, I always had to wear a scarf to cover my neck. That has now completely cleared up.
    -Eating so much that I thought I would vomit.
    -Being so dehydrated that even after 7-10 stabs with the needle in various places, no one could draw my blood. (I go now & I'm in and out of there in 5 minutes, first try)
    -Eating with complete disregard for the quantity and quality of food I was putting in my body.
    -Sitting in my bedroom at 4am eating 3,500-4,500 calories of fast food in one sitting.
    -Having no sleep schedule. I would go from sleeping 20 hours one day, to not sleeping for 3 days.
    -Losing over 60%-70% of my hair's volume; Most likely due to untreated hypothyroidism and PCOS (male pattern loss). I still have to live with that, it sucks, but I just have to hope it will grow back.

Mostly, I don't miss being a victim. I have control over my life and how I choose to live it. I'm accountable for my actions, and I'm accountable for how I react to the actions of others.
    I spent too long letting food, anxiety, depression & fear of other people rule my life.

My life is a complete 180 from where I was 120lbs ago... So I'm excited to see where I will be when I lose this next 100lbs and hit goal ^^

I will never go back to where I was, it felt like a death sentence.
  • foiensoi
    foiensoi Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    What a refreshing thread! I was saying to a friend yesterday that I'm kind of tired of weighing things and counting what goes in my mouth, but I would never ever change it for the way I used to eat. I dread to think how many calories I used to consume in college on a simple night out with a few drinks and food after, every week. Now I still allow myself the odd night out but will always be mindful of what I'm consuming. It doesn't feel too obsessive or anything, but I do miss not caring. Other than that I'm happier now :)
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I miss the strength I had at 85 pounds heavier. I swear I could move a mountain when I put my mind to it. I could use my weight like a fulcrum, get behind something and feel "strong like bull" as I pushed.
    I'm strong in so many other ways but that brute strength from carrying an extra 85 lbs with me for every movement I made is gone. Hallelujah!!!
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    My favorite long-sleeved T-shirt is an XL. It's too big now. I miss that shirt.

Other than that, not a damn thing.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Nothing.
    I don't miss:
    -The crippling depression and anxiety that kept me housebound for the better part of a decade.
    -Dropping out of High School & losing those years of education because of aforementioned anxiety. I was an honour student. I'm now 22 and only just able to work on getting my diploma.
    -Having a miserable childhood because I was bullied all the time for my weight & missed out on so many milestones.
    -Only showering a couple of times a week because I couldn't handle the strain of standing that long & experiencing blood sugar issues that would make me extremely faint while in the shower.
    -Being hot ALL. THE. TIME. I'm talking, going outside barefoot in the (Canadian) winter and being fine. Winter was my favourite season.
    -Getting rashes on my neck and behind my ears from sweating so much in my sleep.
    -Having Acanthosis Nigricans due to being so overweight. Even when I could go out, I always had to wear a scarf to cover my neck. That has now completely cleared up.
    -Eating so much that I thought I would vomit.
    -Being so dehydrated that even after 7-10 stabs with the needle in various places, no one could draw my blood. (I go now & I'm in and out of there in 5 minutes, first try)
    -Eating with complete disregard for the quantity and quality of food I was putting in my body.
    -Sitting in my bedroom at 4am eating 3,500-4,500 calories of fast food in one sitting.
    -Having no sleep schedule. I would go from sleeping 20 hours one day, to not sleeping for 3 days.
    -Losing over 60%-70% of my hair's volume; Most likely due to untreated hypothyroidism and PCOS (male pattern loss). I still have to live with that, it sucks, but I just have to hope it will grow back.

Mostly, I don't miss being a victim. I have control over my life and how I choose to live it. I'm accountable for my actions, and I'm accountable for how I react to the actions of others.
    I spent too long letting food, anxiety, depression & fear of other people rule my life.

My life is a complete 180 from where I was 120lbs ago... So I'm excited to see where I will be when I lose this next 100lbs and hit goal ^^

I will never go back to where I was, it felt like a death sentence.

You are so inspiring, thank you!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    For everyone who has issues with being cold, I have three words for you: heated mattress pad

You're welcome! :)

(and some are even dual controlled if you share one mattress with another person)

My mom LOVES her heated mattress pad. I have an electric blanket. I get headaches if I sleep with it on, but I use it to warm up the bed before I get in.
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    spzjlb wrote: »

I don't miss struggling with my clothes, feeling embarrassed at photos, pretending that my belly is not that bad, fooling myself into believing that I had a big bone frame to justify my weight, feeling guilty about eating...

True!!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    My favorite long-sleeved T-shirt is an XL. It's too big now. I miss that shirt.

Other than that, not a damn thing.

Sleep in it!
  • wildfire1204
    wildfire1204 Posts: 237 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    "Mostly, I don't miss being a victim. I have control over my life and how I choose to live it. I'm accountable for my actions, and I'm accountable for how I react to the actions of others.
    I spent too long letting food, anxiety, depression & fear of other people rule my life."

This is everything. That's awesome that you have found the strength to be able to take back your power. Best wishes to you Orchid!