New Couch to 5K (C25k) - Challenge Starting May 2

Options

Replies

• LilLolo22
    LilLolo22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Completed W4D2 on Sunday morning. I felt really good on this run. I missed a day last week, so I have to do W4D3 tomorrow rather than starting W5D1. That will have to push to Thursday. I kind of wish that I was doing this on the treadmill so I could control my speed, but I enjoy street running more. May have to switch it up one of these days. I'm pushing through!!
  • westgre
    westgre Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Wk 6 day 2 complete. I'm trying to drink more water, so it was sloshing around in my belly the whole time. Tomorrow is a 25 minute run with no walking.
  • ShawnaMama
    ShawnaMama Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Week 5 Day 3 done!! I can't beleive I ran for 20 min without walking. Insane!! I took some advice to another C25Ker and took it 5 mins at a time...and kicked 20 mins' butt!

Keep up the great work, everyone :flowerforyou:
  • westgre
    Options
    Wk 6 day 3 done. No more walking intervals for me the rest of the program!
  • ShawnaMama
    Options
    Wk 6 day 3 done. No more walking intervals for me the rest of the program!

Way to go!!!!
  • skemery
    skemery Posts: 100
    Options
    Week 5 Day 3 done. Still can't believe I'm the same person that nearly died after 60 seconds on week 1.
  • westgre
    Options
    Wk 7 day 1 complete. 25 minutes of running! I think I'm actually going to finish!
  • iowagirl09
    iowagirl09 Posts: 23
    Options
    W7 done! I don't know how but I did it.

I really want to finish the last 6 days before I leave for vacation so I'm going to have to go two days in a row. But I don't want one day left when I leave.

Oh and I'm officially registered for my first 5K, what have I gotten myself into?!

Have a good rest of the week everyone!
  • westgre
    Options
    W7D3 complete! I ran in my new running shirt, running shorts, and running socks! Added more stretches before the run and my knee feels better. Felt strong today. Actually felt like a runner! My first race is August 20 for a 2 mile, then September 3 for a 5K! I think I can actually do this!
  • westgre
    Options
    Week 8 day 1 complete!
  • ShawnaMama
    Options
    Week 7 Day 1 done! I went for miles instead of time this go round. I put in my route at mapmywalk.com and figured how far 2.5 miles is. We are supposed to do that in about 25 mins...I did it in 26 mins!! 2.5 miles in 26 mins! Hell yes!
  • skemery
    Options
    I was supposed to start Week 7 Day 1 today, but at the end of 25 minutes I was feeling pretty good and was pressed for time to get home, so I kept going for 30. Felt pretty awesome to make it all the way home still running (I'm sure my neighbors have just thought I'm an overenthusiastic walker up til this point-I'm always leaving the house walking and coming back walking).
  • ShawnaMama
    Options
    I was supposed to start Week 7 Day 1 today, but at the end of 25 minutes I was feeling pretty good and was pressed for time to get home, so I kept going for 30. Felt pretty awesome to make it all the way home still running (I'm sure my neighbors have just thought I'm an overenthusiastic walker up til this point-I'm always leaving the house walking and coming back walking).

Way to go!!! That's amazing!!

I'm sure my neighbors think the same of me! I leave walking and come home sweaty, panting and walking! LOL
  • iowagirl09
    Options
    W8 done! D1 was alright. It was just kind of there. But I actually ran for 30 minutes on D2&3. Who am I again? Anyways, was I fast? Absolutely not. Took me the full 30 minutes to make it 2.5 miles. But I don't really care. I'm going with the slow and steady route. I figure next week I'll finish the distance and bump up the pace just a tad.

Side note. My feet are more than happy to have to take a couple days off next week on vacation. I won't be inactive by any means as we're climbing mountains, but I won't have time to run. Which is probably a good thing. My feet look like they have leprosy with all of the blisters I have festering on them. They are not actually from my running shoes, pair of sandals in fact. But still. I think they need a break.

I hope you are all having a fabulous week and keep up the good work!
  • westgre
    Options
    Wk8 day2 done. I felt really strong today. :)
  • westgre
    Options
    Wk 8 day 3 finished! Bring on the last week of C25K! I can't believe how far I've come. If I can do it, anyone can!
  • Cutiger81
    Cutiger81 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I just started back c25k. I was on week 5 when I stopped due to surgery and then a vacation. This time I started back at week2. I just finished w2d1. I'm feeling really good.
  • iowagirl09
    Options
    I am officially done with C25K. WHAT?! How did that happen? Just 6 weeks ago those three minute runs were about enough to kill me.

Now in full disclosure mode here, I can't make the actual 5K/3.1miles in the allotted 30 minutes, but I have no problem with that. Someday I will. The fact that I can even make it a half mile still blows my mind. I have never, ever been a jogger/runner, whatever you want to call me. I'm pretty sure I'm not moving fast enough to be a runner, and I don't want to insult people that are actual runners.

Anyways, I'm excited to keep on chugging with this running business, increasing my time and speed. And I'm looking forward to my 5K I have the second weekend of July. My only goal is to finish, alive.

Good luck with your runs and have a fantastic week everyone!
  • skemery
    Options
    I finished a 5k this weekend-running the whole way. My final time was 35:32, so just about a 11:45 mile. I hurt like crazy today, but it is so worth the sense of accomplishment, especially when I look at where I was less than 2 months ago!
  • Prestonsmumma
    Prestonsmumma Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    hey jst completed wk2 run2 and felt like i could've done more!! so pleased with myself!!! :bigsmile: