Support For Shorter Ladies? 5' to 5'4?

Options
Hi guys! I joined a while back, but life happened (I had surgery for endometriosis and it took a while to fully recover.) I'm now looking for any women who are 5' to 5'4 to chat with/befriend to help keep me on the right track with my weight loss goals. I'm 5'3 and upset to say 230lbs. This is the most I have ever weighed in my life, and I'm trying to lose about 70-90 pounds. At one point I weighed 160, so I know it's possible. I do have PCOS so it's much more difficult to lose the weight and it discourages me whenever I work my butt off and see no results or worse - gain weight. Any ladies around the same height feel free to message and ad me. If you guys have any random tips or tricks to help get started, throw 'em at me!

Replies

• rosestring
    rosestring Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 4" and weight 162. I lost 12 pounds over the summer and have no gained it all back. I definitely need the support! Add me.
  • J383
    J383 Posts: 4,573 Member
    Options
    Welcome to add me. I am 5'3, I still have a long way to go.
  • jadelucywatson1
    jadelucywatson1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"0 and hope to loose between 20-25lbs. Done it before using MFP so know it works!
  • Nedorostok
    Nedorostok Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Im 5'2" and need to lose 20 lbs. Weight gain on us shorties is always more visible i thought
  • marlymarly
    marlymarly Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm 5' and trying to lose about 20lbs. Also am PCOS so understand what a struggle it can be!
  • Nedorostok
    Nedorostok Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    At one point I weighed 160, so I know it's possible. I do have PCOS so it's much more difficult to lose the weight and it discourages me whenever I work my butt off and see no results or worse - gain weight. Any ladies around the same height feel free to message and ad me. If you guys have any random tips or tricks to help get started, throw 'em at me!

hi and welcome! If I were you id set up realistic tiny goals. Maybe lose 15 lbs first. I was suggested on here to invest in a food scale and im glad i did. Also, when you fall off the wagon in fiet department, log your meals anyway it will help later! Good luck and we can do this!
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and have about 65-70 more pounds to go.
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Im 5'2" currently 163 also diagnosed w/PCOS. At my top weight I was 220lbs (2006-2007), lowest weight (May 2014) I was 150lbs. Hoping to get down in the 140s this year
  • yrieves
    yrieves Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"3 I have 30 more lbs to lose
  • seximami79
    seximami79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" ad want to lose maybe 15 lbs.
  • Maliblu3
    Maliblu3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    5'2.5" here, trying to gain muscle and lose a few pounds of fat in the process. It's definitely harder for those of us with petite bodies to lose weight. Don't give up, even your pcos symptoms should improve with weight loss. We can do it!
  • Cambridge727
    Cambridge727 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 4 and have over 100 pounds to lose
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Try joining the petites in maintainance group. I know you are looking to lose they are a great bunch.
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'3 and was naturally thin most of my life, I balanced out at 115 for years. then bam, put on 30 pounds. have another 20 left to lose.
  • marylovesnini
    marylovesnini Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 and my goal is lose about 15 pounds feel free to add me
  • BrittanyDJ79
    BrittanyDJ79 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my goal is to lose 50. I'm only down 3 so far.
  • marji1974
    marji1974 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me . I m 5" and lost 50 pds over the past year. I have 20 more to go.
  • brookej8688
    brookej8688 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, I am 5ft 3 and 1/4 inches lol, every inch counts haha. I still have 100lbs to lose, and I would love motivation and support. Please feel free to add me (anyone) >> Good luck ladies
  • JaymeHayes14
    JaymeHayes14 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Add me!! I am 5'2 and need to lose 30 lbs!!! I keep trying but can't lose the weight!!! We can support each other!!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4". Just short enough and lightly active to have a pretty low TDEE. I'm trying to find ways to up my activity level other than cardio on a treadmill or elliptical.