• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    OP I would quit now before @JoRocka shows up
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I have a question for all the people who don't like people taking selfies or sitting on the machines not doing anything. What do you all suggest one does when they are resting?

Post comments on the MFP forums newsfeeds?
  • lizwrites1313
    lizwrites1313 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Men smirking at my light (2kg) weights. Go away!
  • lizwrites1313
    lizwrites1313 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    @Hornsby yea I do sit on the machine when I rest between sets. Seems pointless to go elsewhere cos by the time I reach sitting area it's time for another.
  • texxaskid77
    texxaskid77 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thanks for adding me y'all ;)
  • texxaskid77
    Options
    Let's just get back to are work outs, and forget this post never happened ;)
  • sammyantics
    sammyantics Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    schughes48 wrote: »
    Women who come in with full makeup and new workout clothes and stand around and do nothing

lol makeup was one of my complaints too, but for the most part, the ladies at my gym who do this also work their *kitten* off. i wouldn't mind so much if they were coming in already done up (been there) but i've legit seen ladies touch up their makeup right before they get started. like. why? don't you sweat?!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    schughes48 wrote: »
    Women who come in with full makeup and new workout clothes and stand around and do nothing

lol makeup was one of my complaints too, but for the most part, the ladies at my gym who do this also work their *kitten* off. i wouldn't mind so much if they were coming in already done up (been there) but i've legit seen ladies touch up their makeup right before they get started. like. why? don't you sweat?!

Oh boy can't wait until @JoRocka shows up
  • eyecandyrayce
    eyecandyrayce Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    The only thing that really bothers me is when people come in wearing perfume because they don't want to stink but end up stinking worse because of the perfume. I really hate when I walk out after my workout with a headache. I had one gal get on a treadmill next to me that had so much perfume on I wanted to spray her down with my water bottle.
  • sammyantics
    sammyantics Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have a question for all the people who don't like people taking selfies or sitting on the machines not doing anything. What do you all suggest one does when they are resting?

stand? walk around? i dunno.

note: if it's not crowded, this does not bother me. but having once been super shy at the gym, i know what it's like to wait around for equipment to free up. some people, especially those new to working out, might be too shy to ask someone if they're using something when they're really just using that equipment as a chair.
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    The person who is in the squat rack and instead of squatting, deadlifting, rack pulling, benching, over head pressing or whatever; does 6 sets of barbell curls, while side eyeing me, while I am burning a hole in the back of his skull waiting for the rack to be available. I could do something else, I usually do, but not when it's actually squat day.

that, and people who don't put their weights back...sooooooo frustrating; roaming the gym looking for the other 30lb DB that someone decided to leave at the back of the gym...#rudeazzhat
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

note: if it's not crowded, this does not bother me. but having once been super shy at the gym, i know what it's like to wait around for equipment to free up. some people, especially those new to working out, might be too shy to ask someone if they're using something when they're really just using that equipment as a chair.

Ask to work in

Or wait

They aren't using it as a chair, they are using it and taking a 30-90 second rest between sets
  • texxaskid77
    Options
    On point ! ^^^
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Ask to work in

Or wait

They aren't using it as a chair, they are using it and taking a 30-90 second rest between sets

Or more. I have some sets that require 3 to 4 minutes rest.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

To me, that falls on them. Not the person sitting. Resting is a part of working out. I'm not getting up unless there is a reason. If someone asks, I'll always oblige, but you gotta ask usually. Otherwise, I don't see you.
  • dwolfe1985
    dwolfe1985 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Ask to work in

Or wait

Or more. I have some sets that require 3 to 4 minutes rest.

Yeah i kinda feel for others at my gym, we have literally 2 racks and im on a compound based routine so i can take approx an hour getting stuff done. Im fine with people working in but most people are just too shy to ask.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Men smirking at my light (2kg) weights. Go away!

What you doing with 2kg? wrist flexions?
  • usnleonard
    usnleonard Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    This YouTube video about sums it up for me... :D

Gym Wildlife
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1GUQVo1Lps
  • helenpain
    helenpain Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Once I overheard the powerlifting trainer say "Pff what the heck is she doing? That's not what a real sportsman would do" to his female trainee while i was bulgarian squatting. Well that touched a raw nerve. It works on me and if you think that anyone who does something beyond benchpress, dead lifts and squats is a freak, you're a jerk, sir.
  • texxaskid77
    Options
    This is Some good stuff, If everyone at once could talk at the GYM, this is what it would sound like ...