Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

When I see this in the GYM it ticks me off ??? lol

Options

Replies

• A_poetiq
    A_poetiq Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Honestly, what other do doesn't really bother me. I'm there with goals. They are there with goals. I just want us all to reach our goals and if bragging on Facebook, Instagram, taking selfies, or wearing makeup helps them with that -- I say go for it. I will agree with Nell, smell would affect my workout so I'd rather people wash their clothes. Otherwise, let's all reach our goals!
  • 3AAnn3
    3AAnn3 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    When people judge other people for doing weird things. You don't know their goals, their injuries, their strengths, or their weaknesses. Sometimes the weird stuff serves a purpose. Even cheating reps.
    A_poetiq wrote: »
    Honestly, what other do doesn't really bother me. I'm there with goals. They are there with goals. I just want us all to reach our goals and if bragging on Facebook, Instagram, taking selfies, or wearing makeup helps them with that -- I say go for it. I will agree with Nell, smell would affect my workout so I'd rather people wash their clothes. Otherwise, let's all reach our goals!

Thank you, ladies! Agreed!
  • texxaskid77
    texxaskid77 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Love it .... Keep your eyes on the prize!!!! And that's the person looking back at you in the mirror ;)
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    curves2j wrote: »
    People that constantly check in and tell everyone on Facebook/IG about going to the gym.
    People that take excessive amount of selfies while supposedly working out.

That one girl in a group class who thinks she looks better than you and is skinnier than you so she can do it all better than you.

How do you know this?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    3AAnn3 wrote: »
    People that *kitten* about what everyone else does that they hate and who go in with a scowl waiting for someone to piss them off. Be happy. Be tolerant. Realize that you also do things other people don't like.

This.

My answer would be broken equipment because my gym takes FOREVER to repair anything. We have a racquetball court (not that I play, but still) that's been out of commission and torn down to the studs for over a year. Not even sure what they're doing in there, but week after week and there is zero progress. Other equipment will be "down for maintenance" for weeks at a time or longer. It's like the land of misfit toys...
  • GUARDiAN_GUiLD
    GUARDiAN_GUiLD Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I trip random strangers out when I hand them my headphones blasting "Informer" by Snow and ask them to try and decipher what he's saying in the chorus.

• lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I hate loud griping about politics. I go to the gym to feel good.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    People that constantly check in and tell everyone on Facebook/IG about going to the gym.

That one girl in a group class who thinks she looks better than you and is skinnier than you so she can do it all better than you.

How do you know this?

My guess? She's that person.
  • texxaskid77
    Options
    Lol ...Guardian that's a good one !!!Auddi I agree 200% with you ...lithezbra so do I fee like a bird ;)
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

Wow! She says that out loud? To the whole class???? What a B.

Personally I hate it when someone is waaaaaay too concerned about what other people might be doing/thinking and isn't focused on their own workout.
  • texxaskid77
    Options
    Let it out people !!! Let it out !!!!! ;)
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    other people. lol

I second this.... I want to add other younger people though. I'm totally fine working out next to older generations because I feel they are more inviting and welcoming and not judgmental. Just based on personal experience, being an overweight female entering the gym, I get stares from all the fit guys taking a break from checking themselves out in the mirror and I DO NOT like that at all
  • texxaskid77
    Options
    Anyone out there who need encouragement please add me as a friend !!!
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options

Is it bad to think something if it's the truth?
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    other people. lol

I second this.... I want to add other younger people though. I'm totally fine working out next to older generations because I feel they are more inviting and welcoming and not judgmental. Just based on personal experience, being an overweight female entering the gym, I get stares from all the fit guys taking a break from checking themselves out in the mirror and I DO NOT like that at all

Entering the gym is the worst.
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    other people. lol

Entering the gym is the worst.

agreed
  • escotech2883
    escotech2883 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Nice thread @texxaskid77 i def co sign this
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Barkle and clobern! Very good points ! Please keep pushing for your goals ! In today's society it seems like everyone's looking for everyone's approvals !! Crazy ! Be self-motivated

Considering the point of this thread is to negatively judge other people's behaviour, I find this post telling.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    other people. lol

And this isn't a judgemental statement? Yup staring at yourself in the mirror is all fit people do since you they were born fit
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Guys hitting on females. I didn't know it was a bar or club we are there to workout aren't we ?

You do you

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/sex-at-the-gym-survey-ann-summers_us_56990ef7e4b0b4eb759e15af

giphy.gif