Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

When I see this in the GYM it ticks me off ??? lol

Options

Replies

• Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Guys hitting on females. I didn't know it was a bar or club we are there to workout aren't we ?

Guys watching me hit on females, why you miring bro? aren't you here to workout? :pensive:

I'm just kidding man, but seriously isn't it entertaining to watch?

I don't like

people who don't put weights back
    grunts (the extreme version)
    the guy who carries his bag around with him everywhere and acts as if it weighs 100lbs
    ILS
    Girl who thinks she owns the place and uses 5 pieces of equipment
    Girls who set up like a power lifter, use an extreme arch to their back and push no weight
    guy with knee wraps on the leg press pushing 50lbs (total, as in 25lbs per side)
    guy who wears a weight belt for every workout! chest, back, chest, and arm days

I do like

Dancing guy!
    Singing guy!
    People who are focused but have manners and still share equipment

I can probably do this all day

• chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    schughes48 wrote: »
    Women who come in with full makeup and new workout clothes and stand around and do nothing

lol makeup was one of my complaints too, but for the most part, the ladies at my gym who do this also work their *kitten* off. i wouldn't mind so much if they were coming in already done up (been there) but i've legit seen ladies touch up their makeup right before they get started. like. why? don't you sweat?!

Really? We’re doing this judgey-crap all over again?

Listen, if I’m not wearing makeup at the gym, it’s because it’s 4:30am and I’m getting my workout in before I go to work.

If it is ANY other time of day, I can guarantee you that my eyeliner is so on point it can slice your treadmill band in half and my lips are so red that you might think you’re at a stoplight.

And guess what?

Whether it’s 4:30am or 4:30pm, I don’t notice your judgemental stares or glances because I’m too busy out-lifting you.

If you’re able to focus on others, you’re not focusing enough on yourself. I love my makeup. Get over it. Not your face, not your business.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    It died down for a sec ...... And then booom

This happens sometimes with threads.

Kind of like herpes.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I work out at home now. My only complaint is my dog licking me in the face when I'm on the floor.
  • texxaskid77
    texxaskid77 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Lol awesome !
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    The person who forgets his/her gym towel on a bench or machine. It forces me to keep monitoring it for a long period, making the difficult call that it isn't being occupied, and then having to dispose of the towel in order to use it.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I have a question for all the people who don't like people taking selfies or sitting on the machines not doing anything. What do you all suggest one does when they are resting?

Run a lap around the track, slacker. Who rests?

Still waiting for @JoRocka . Get in here and start schooling, woman.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »
    I have a question for all the people who don't like people taking selfies or sitting on the machines not doing anything. What do you all suggest one does when they are resting?

Hush now

I'm rather partial to @Hornsby selfies
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »

We do have this guy there that goes non-stop doing some weird stuff. Bench to jump rope to pull ups to curls to running in place. It's nuts. He does it for like an hour, too. I have no ideas what his goals are and have never asked...kinda want to put him on a path but haven't made the effort.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    *taking notes so I can be an annoying gym pest*

Thanks for all the ideas!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

Thanks for the thread!

Don't forget the lipstick, make it red!!
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Thanks for the thread!

Shhhh I still owe @kkenseth a guyliner gym selfie. Don't remind her
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

Thanks for the thread!

With the pink phone
  • juggernaut1974
    Options

Thanks for the thread!

With the pink phone

fabulous-dog_o_1080086.jpg
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options

Thanks for the thread!

Like I could possibly forget that?!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Threads like this are not at all helpful to newcomers.
    How many threads do we see where a newcomer is afraid to go to the gym ? ( tons) they don't want to be judged and feel like people will be looking at them.
    So when they log on here and see people complaining and making fun of others at their gyms, they are terrified to even walk into one.

I have an idea- worry about yourself. Who cares what others are doing at the gym ?
    What does it matter to you if a woman is wearing make up ? Who cares ?

I go to the gym and worry about my self and my workout. I could care less what others are wearing or doing.

Its really immature and pathetic that so many adults are this worried about who's wearing makeup and such.

Maybe worry about yourself ?!
  • Panda_brat
    Panda_brat Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    3AAnn3 wrote: »
    People that *kitten* about what everyone else does that they hate and who go in with a scowl waiting for someone to piss them off. Be happy. Be tolerant. Realize that you also do things other people don't like.

+1
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

stand? walk around? i dunno.

note: if it's not crowded, this does not bother me. but having once been super shy at the gym, i know what it's like to wait around for equipment to free up. some people, especially those new to working out, might be too shy to ask someone if they're using something when they're really just using that equipment as a chair.

Ask to work in

Or wait

They aren't using it as a chair, they are using it and taking a 30-90 second rest between sets

^^This - so I have to stand up, and lose the machine I'm working on because I have more than one set to do? And if I glance on my phone during my break it means I'm not working hard enough?? Everyone pays money, as long as they aren't causing harm to me or others, or otherwise unnecessarily impeding my workout, to each their own. And to add, I like looking good at the gym, if I feel frumpy, or gross I feel self conscious and don't have a quality workout. I also like taking a selfie on occasion. I like seeing my progress. I just go and do my own thing... unflattering burpees to squats to abs. haha

Edit to add - my profile picture is a gym selfie.
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,271 Member
    Options
    3AAnn3 wrote: »
    People that *kitten* about what everyone else does that they hate and who go in with a scowl waiting for someone to piss them off. Be happy. Be tolerant. Realize that you also do things other people don't like.

This.
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,271 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    This isn't something that bothers me as much as it makes me curious... Maybe someone can shed some light....

I've never understood why people hike their treadmills/ellipticals up to an extremely high incline or fast speed and then hug the top of the treadmill/elliptical for dear life. It just seems like you're not getting the full cardio effect bc your body isn't doing all the work to maintain the movement (you're basically holding yourself up). And certainly the calorie count on the machine won't be accurate. Why not just put the machine at a setting you can manage without holding onto the top? Is the purpose of this, like leg conditioning or something?

It doesn't really concern me, to each their own. But I'm just curious bc I see so many people do it... Can anyone explain?