When I see this in the GYM it ticks me off ??? lol

Options

Replies

• jlc102980
    jlc102980 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Basically poor gym etiquette. A lot of them have been covered but there's a few I didn't see yet. People who try to save/reserve treadmills by leaving their stuff on them while they are off taking a class or lifting. Also, there is one lady at my gym who uses the time to catch up on personal calls. I could care less what she does with her time on the machines, but her personal calls are very distracting to me for some reason. I can only listen to my headphones to loud.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »
    ...still waiting for @JoRocka and still don't know what cool is.

Decide what cool is yourself, that's what I do because otherwise, I know I am not; other's version of it!

I was just being ironic, but thanks.
  • jlc102980
    jlc102980 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    *so loud
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    jlc102980 wrote: »
    People who try to save/reserve treadmills by leaving their stuff on them while they are off taking a class or lifting.
    Take their bag and fling it up at the giant fan.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    What's funny about these threads (because this is like the 1000th one I've seen in the few years I've been here) is that 90% of the ones bitching have literally been a member of a gym for like 2 weeks.

But please, continue to tell us about ALL of your experiences in the past 14 days *Willy Wonka Meme*
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    What's funny about these threads (because this is like the 1000th one I've seen in the few years I've been here) is that 90% of the ones bitching have literally been a member of a gym for like 2 weeks.

But please, continue to tell us about ALL of your experiences in the past 14 days *Willy Wonka Meme*

QFT
  • brillmer87
    brillmer87 Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    When people use the cable machines and let go of the bar at the end of their rep, and let the weights go flying

Every
    *kitten*
    Set
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,279 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Feckin slacker. At least take the time to find the damn meme. Can't stand these lazy mofos who complain but then don't meme properly :P <3

willy-wonka-willy-wonka-hes-the-greatest-chocolateer_c_995800.jpg
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,279 Member
    Options

There ya go!!! :D
  • brillmer87
    Options

Nailed it
  • TheChrissyT
    TheChrissyT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Basically poor gym etiquette. A lot of them have been covered but there's a few I didn't see yet. People who try to save/reserve treadmills by leaving their stuff on them while they are off taking a class or lifting. Also, there is one lady at my gym who uses the time to catch up on personal calls. I could care less what she does with her time on the machines, but her personal calls are very distracting to me for some reason. I can only listen to my headphones to loud.

The only time I've ever felt really annoyed at the gym I was on the elliptical and the lady next to me got a phone call. Directly in front of us there is a sign that says NO CELL ZONE! Now, it probably wouldn't bother me still, except she kept going

"OOOHHHH GOODYGOODYGOODYGOODY!!!!! *gossips* OOOO MMYYYYY GOOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHHHH *gossips* GOODYGOODYGOODY!"

for 20 minutes until I wanted to reach over and smack her on the mouth. If the phone call was important, take it and go off. IF you're not even working hard enough to be winded while gossiping about your dear friend, then you're really not multi-tasking anyway. Though I did use my irritation to work a little harder. *shrug*

Mostly, when I see girls who look like it took them an hour to get ready for the gym and they seem like they're lollygagging around, I just assume that they would like to get fit, but are too insecure to jump in and possibly look bad in any way and are trying to get over it. Grunters just make me laugh. My gym is pretty decent and I love going. I usually wipe machines down before and after I use them anyway.
  • Jess1989ica
    Jess1989ica Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    People that don't wipe down machines
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

The only time I've ever felt really annoyed at the gym I was on the elliptical and the lady next to me got a phone call. Directly in front of us there is a sign that says NO CELL ZONE! Now, it probably wouldn't bother me still, except she kept going

"OOOHHHH GOODYGOODYGOODYGOODY!!!!! *gossips* OOOO MMYYYYY GOOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHHHH *gossips* GOODYGOODYGOODY!"

for 20 minutes until I wanted to reach over and smack her on the mouth. If the phone call was important, take it and go off. IF you're not even working hard enough to be winded while gossiping about your dear friend, then you're really not multi-tasking anyway. Though I did use my irritation to work a little harder. *shrug*

Mostly, when I see girls who look like it took them an hour to get ready for the gym and they seem like they're lollygagging around, I just assume that they would like to get fit, but are too insecure to jump in and possibly look bad in any way and are trying to get over it. Grunters just make me laugh. My gym is pretty decent and I love going. I usually wipe machines down before and after I use them anyway.

Note to self: Don't go to the gym, unless I sweat an ocean, need an oxygen tank, have an ambulance waiting & the hospital is next door because otherwise I obviously don't work hard enough, since my intensity level matters; to some other gym goers!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Note to self: Don't go to the gym, unless I sweat an ocean, need an oxygen tank, have an ambulance waiting & the hospital is next door because otherwise I obviously don't work hard enough, since my intensity level matters; to some other gym goers!

z205099164.gif
  • Loves2Lift
    Loves2Lift Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Posing in the squat rack!!!!
  • Loves2Lift
    Loves2Lift Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    ^ vice versa lol
  • brillmer87
    Options
    People that don't wipe down machines

Sometimes i immediately go and wipe the machine and give them the death stare
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,768 Member
    Options
    When I go to the gym and @brillmer87 isn't there to be my lift buddy.