Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

When I see this in the GYM it ticks me off ??? lol

Options

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    edsmax wrote: »
    It drives me crazy when I see people texting/ talking on cell while doing cardio. Also, people reading paperback books while doing cardio! Really??

Really? That drives you crazy? How do you react when people do something truly terrible?
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »
    edsmax wrote: »
    It drives me crazy when I see people texting/ talking on cell while doing cardio. Also, people reading paperback books while doing cardio! Really??

Really? That drives you crazy? How do you react when people do something truly terrible?

I shudder to think. ;)
  • ekuncl
    ekuncl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    ^^^

Personally speaking...I've also been someone who gets in and out of there with a purpose. If people want to waste time doing their own thing, selfies, facebook, etc., well then that's on them. If I'm coaching someone or there personally for myself, then none of that stuff flies. Go in with a game plan, focus on the workout, the end. I've got no problem being asked for a spot here and there, but I'm not there to engage in conversation, hit on anyone, etc. I'll make small talk before or after the workout is over with others who are not working out.

That said, everyone is different. For some, it's the social aspect of going to a gym moreso than the results of working out. And that's fine for them too. I like the diversity that a gym brings and general group of those who enjoy an active lifestyle :) Not everyone trains like a body builder. Some want to gain weight, lose weight, tone up, feel better about themselves through activity, etc.
  • texxaskid77
    texxaskid77 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Threads like this make me glad I exercise outside with just my husband and kids.
  • texxaskid77
    Options
    To each his own ;)
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Threads like this are the reason I hate the gym. Get off your high horse and spend time focusing on yourself and not everyone else. They pay just as much to be there as you do and frankly, it's not your business what they do there.
  • texxaskid77
    Options
    10/4
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Calling @jorocka
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    I have a guy at my gym that literally uses all the 45lb plates on the leg press to do calf pulses. Not kidding. 32 45lbs at least. I dont get it. Maybe someone can explain it to me. The time spent on racking and unracking that could be better spent. Besides if someone needs 45lbs plates for squat or bench etc they are *kitten* out of luck. Other than that I am happy to see people in my gym. It motivates me to work harder. Oh and not unracking weights is BS.
  • stacynoell
    stacynoell Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    People who lean on the machines and TALK!!!
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Calling @jorocka

:D:D
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »
    Threads like this are the reason I hate the gym. Get off your high horse and spend time focusing on yourself and not everyone else. They pay just as much to be there as you do and frankly, it's not your business what they do there.

Like most people, I can multi-task - I can perform a set of lifts while simultaneously noticing in the mirror that someone sweated all over a bench without wiping it up, the person who just passed me smells bad, someone just opened the door and there is a breeze, and that a terrible song is being piped through the sound system. Humans are built to process a lot of information.

Mentally noting irritating things without relaying them to the source of your irritation IS minding my own business - sharing them on a message board is what message boards are designed for.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Calling @jorocka

Here we go.....
  • bamagirlintn1
    bamagirlintn1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    People who sport T Shirts with the F word.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    People who sport T Shirts with the F word.

Are long-sleeves acceptable?
  • texxaskid77
    Options
    It died down for a sec ...... And then booom
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Calling @jorocka

What. Have. You. Done???!!?!?
  • texxaskid77
    Options
    Hahahaha !!! IDK ??
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I have a question for all the people who don't like people taking selfies or sitting on the machines not doing anything. What do you all suggest one does when they are resting?