I am always tired...I Need Energy! Can You Help With Advice??

Options
I dont know what it is, but i wake up in the mornings and eat breakfast and do some cleaning then im instantly tired. i fell like i need naps or something... and i dont feel like doing anything else :( what can i do to get out of that..is there a certain "energy working" exercise or "energy working" food i cant eat to boost me up? #answersplease

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    How much sleep are you getting each night? What is your calorie goal (and are you hitting your goal)? What kind of exercise/activity level do you have daily?
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I find carbs really energizing. Could you eat more fresh fruit and veggies, perhaps?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    How much sleep are you getting?

Are you currently cutting calories? If so, how drastically?
  • auddii
    Options
    How much sleep are you getting?

Are you currently cutting calories? If so, how drastically?

Hm, almost jinx...
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    There's a lot of possible reasons for fatigue. How much sleep are you getting? How many calories are you eating? What are you eating, both in general and for breakfast? Some foods are better for quick bursts of intense energy and others are better for long-term sustainable energy. How is your medical/health status? Ever been tested for food sensitivities and allergies like celiacs? One of the first signs of celiacs is INTENSE fatigue after ingesting gluten-heavy food. Almost no-one has celiacs mind you (1% of the US population or less), and another symptom is abdominal pain, but there are other things it could be, medically speaking.

Typically when you have fatigue posts on here, the most common answer is not enough sleep and/or too low calories. Consider opening your diary so people can offer some less generalized tips.
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I am really tired right now too, but getting a little better. The things that are helping:
    • Moderate activity
    • Staying Hydrated
    • Never eating too many calories at one time
    • Allowing myself more time for sleep. I don't have to do everything today
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I get that way sometimes too, typically when I wake up at the wrong part of my sleep cycle, or when I sleep too much (yes, it's a thing, lol). But if I get moving (after I have two cups of coffee), it helps. So... just do it, you'll feel better.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I dont know what it is, but i wake up in the mornings and eat breakfast and do some cleaning then im instantly tired. i fell like i need naps or something... and i dont feel like doing anything else :( what can i do to get out of that..is there a certain "energy working" exercise or "energy working" food i cant eat to boost me up? #answersplease

Please change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • indianbeauty24
    indianbeauty24 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    How much sleep are you getting each night? What is your calorie goal (and are you hitting your goal)? What kind of exercise/activity level do you have daily?

thats a good question. I would say on average i go to bed around 1130pm and wake every morning no later than 9am. i do toss and turn alot. But i would say i do sleep well but when i get up i do small tasks and then instantly become tired. like today, i got up and made breakfast for my kids and myself. i cleaned up the living room and kitchen then i seriously felt like i could go back to sleep. As for exercise, i dont even have the energy to exercise yet because im sleepy. My aunt says that im just being lazy but its not that. i dont want to be sleepy all the time. I would love to just wake up and not be sleepy instantly!
  • Gerbsxyng412
    Gerbsxyng412 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    How much sleep do you get ?
    Thyroid ? have you had your blood checked lately ?
    What do you eat ?

I used to be tired all the time... sleep 8- 10 hrs at night plus want to take naps during day..my thyroid was way off, low vitamin d and ate horrible, plus drank lots of pop
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options

thats a good question. I would say on average i go to bed around 1130pm and wake every morning no later than 9am. i do toss and turn alot. But i would say i do sleep well but when i get up i do small tasks and then instantly become tired. like today, i got up and made breakfast for my kids and myself. i cleaned up the living room and kitchen then i seriously felt like i could go back to sleep. As for exercise, i dont even have the energy to exercise yet because im sleepy. My aunt says that im just being lazy but its not that. i dont want to be sleepy all the time. I would love to just wake up and not be sleepy instantly!

Talk to your dr. Could be iron deficiency, a vitamin deficiency, your thyroid. Do not ignore it, talk to your dr.
  • auddii
    Options
    In addition to other suggestions, if you are depressed, that could also contribute to not having energy (especially if you notice it is worse in the winter when you are exposed to less day light).

I'd make sure you're not at an aggressive deficit, schedule an appointment with your doctor, and make sure your diet contains a wide range of whole foods to maximize the number of nutrients you are taking in.
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Talk to your dr. Could be iron deficiency, a vitamin deficiency, your thyroid. Do not ignore it, talk to your dr.

Yep, that. Had the same symptom...in my case it was anemia.
  • HutchA12
    HutchA12 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    ilex70 wrote: »

This is what I was thinking
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options

Are you sleepy upon awakening or after having breakfast?
  • NatashaLP2014
    NatashaLP2014 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    ilex70 wrote: »

This is how I felt when I had anemia as well. Of course I was silly, young and ignored it way too long. I ended up in the hospital getting a blood transfusion with a doctor telling me I shouldn't be able to walk.

The doctor should definitely be your first stop.

As for exercise, if I do a bit of cardio, 30 minutes, first thing in the morning after breakfast (walking or jogging) I usually feel like I have more energy the rest of the day. (Plus I get to eat more, yum.) Doing strength training tires me out but makes me feel good and proud.
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Most people who start trying to lose weight end up with a B-12 deficiency. Take a supplement.
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    when my thyroid gets messed up I feel like I am trying to swim in pudding. I am never very energetic even when it is spot on, but it certainly is much worse when I don't take care of it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    Low iron? Sleep apea?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • indianbeauty24
    indianbeauty24 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I find carbs really energizing. Could you eat more fresh fruit and veggies, perhaps?

i love fresh fruits! definitely will be eating more! my shopping day is Monday coming up!! getting all new fresh foods and getting rid of this junk!