I am always tired...I Need Energy! Can You Help With Advice??

Options
2»

Replies

• indianbeauty24
    indianbeauty24 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Low iron? Sleep apea?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

interesting you say low iron because last year....well somewhere around april, i was put on iron pills for having low iron. i thought it got better but i guess not. im going to talk to my doc because that may be the issue.
  • indianbeauty24
    Options
    when my thyroid gets messed up I feel like I am trying to swim in pudding. I am never very energetic even when it is spot on, but it certainly is much worse when I don't take care of it.

i may also have thyroid issues. my doc wanted me to get an ultrasound 2years ago on my neck where my thyroid is but i was too afraid. :neutral:
  • indianbeauty24
    Options
    Most people who start trying to lose weight end up with a B-12 deficiency. Take a supplement.

what kind do you recommend? just like a womans a day?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    anemia (low iron)?
    thyroid?
    B12 deficiency?
    D deficiency?
    not enough sleep?
    sleep apnea?
    not eating enough?

This list is pretty much endless...if this is chronic and not just a tired/lazy day then you should see a doctor.

• indianbeauty24
    Options
    How much sleep do you get ?
    Thyroid ? have you had your blood checked lately ?
    What do you eat ?

I used to be tired all the time... sleep 8- 10 hrs at night plus want to take naps during day..my thyroid was way off, low vitamin d and ate horrible, plus drank lots of pop

ive had my yearly exam at the gynecologist at the beginning of january. i got my blood checked and everything was fine. but things can change in as little as a week. im thinking about taking another trip to my actual PCP. as for thyroid, my doc ordered an ultrasound 2years ago. i never went. was too afraid. but that may be my issue.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    How much sleep do you get ?
    Thyroid ? have you had your blood checked lately ?
    What do you eat ?

I used to be tired all the time... sleep 8- 10 hrs at night plus want to take naps during day..my thyroid was way off, low vitamin d and ate horrible, plus drank lots of pop

ive had my yearly exam at the gynecologist at the beginning of january. i got my blood checked and everything was fine. but things can change in as little as a week. im thinking about taking another trip to my actual PCP. as for thyroid, my doc ordered an ultrasound 2years ago. i never went. was too afraid. but that may be my issue.

What did they check for? My doctor always checks cholesterol, despite me never having an issue with it, and I have to remind them to check iron, despite having been anemic for decades.

Unless you specifically asked for iron, B, D, etc., to be checked, they probably did not.

Also, are you sleepy upon awakening or after having breakfast?
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Don't just throw supplements at the problem--see your doctor. CBC (complete blood count), Thyroid Panel (TSH Free T3, Free T4), B Vitamins, Vitamins D are tests to ask your doc about--and by all means, go have that ultra sound. Serious things are always less serious when you catch them early. And serious things don't go away when you ignore them--they get worse.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    anemia (low iron)?
    thyroid?
    B12 deficiency?
    D deficiency?
    not enough sleep?
    sleep apnea?
    not eating enough?

This list is pretty much endless...if this is chronic and not just a tired/lazy day then you should see a doctor.

All of this

It's fine to be scared of medical tests but you know what ...you've got to do it anyway ...you're a mother, it's not optional
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I had a sudden case of no energy. It was before I was calorie counting so it wasn't a case of not eating enough or adjusting to less calories. I would wake up, be fine for 45 mins, would go to walk up the (single) flight of stairs at work (which normally gave me absolutely no issues) and by the time I reached the top of those stairs I felt like I had gone on a 10km jog. I wasn't overweight and had no pre-existing conditions that would've caused it.

I went to the doctor, afraid of being anemic or worse. 1 blood test later, turns out I had a virus! I was shocked and I even asked the doctor if that was possible despite having none of the typical "I have a virus" symptoms. I needed a week off work and stayed in bed and slept. I ended up fighting it off and went back to life as per usual.

TL:DR - If you are eating and sleeping enough, time to go to the doctor.
  • tyboskates
    tyboskates Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    when my thyroid gets messed up I feel like I am trying to swim in pudding. I am never very energetic even when it is spot on, but it certainly is much worse when I don't take care of it.

i may also have thyroid issues. my doc wanted me to get an ultrasound 2years ago on my neck where my thyroid is but i was too afraid. :neutral:

You should definitely get tested for underactive thyroid, aka hypothyroidism. You shouldn't need an ultra sound but a simple blood test to see your T3 and T4 levels. I know that feeling of being tired and not wanting to do anything. I was diagnosed 10 years ago and have been on Synthroid since and it helps but it is still a struggle to have energy. Good luck!