Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    bw_conway wrote: »
    I had planned on getting up at 4:30 and going to the rec center to swim...but just didn't. I was awake, an just laid there until my alarm went off to go to get up for work. Now I get to dwell on my lack of discipline all day :(

Look at it as a win for being awake. Tomorrow's goal is get out of bed. The day after, to put clothes on. I've tried setting my alarm for stupid AM. I just switch it off and go back to sleep.

When I first started working out in the morning, I put my alarm clock across the room so I had to get out of bed to turn it off. Two and a half months later, I'm used to getting up at 5 and it's not a struggle anymore.

I've tried that :( and downloading those alarms where you have to solve a puzzle or scan a barcode for the alarm to shut off, all to no avail. I am now at the conclusion that i am not a morning person, so no amount of tricks is going to make it happen.

This is me. My hubby gets up and runs at 4:30am. The only thing that gets me out of bed is that I'm competitive. I can't let him get training that I don't get. It wouldn't be fair.

I need someone to run with :( Mrs S doesn't do mornings any more than I do and she doesn't run, ever.

I need someone to kick my butt out of bed these days. I did make it running yesterday!

Want me to call you at 5 am when I get up?? :smiley:

Ha, most days I am up before 5... but not very motivated. And sometimes I just feed the cats and go to back bed...I text Tammy at 5:30 (when I remember!!!). But we can text! Send me your number and I'll send you mine!

ETA: I used to get up nearly every day at 3:30 am I just can't seem to do it anymore.

LOL! So, @TigerNY128 will text @Oberon21 to get up and text me. And then one or all of us need to nag @orangesmartie later in the evening when it is HER morning time to run. I'm in Central time zone, so it would be earlier for me...

That's a good plan! My run time is about 6pm I doubt you guys could haul me out of bed at 6am!!
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I had planned on getting up at 4:30 and going to the rec center to swim...but just didn't. I was awake, an just laid there until my alarm went off to go to get up for work. Now I get to dwell on my lack of discipline all day :(

Look at it as a win for being awake. Tomorrow's goal is get out of bed. The day after, to put clothes on. I've tried setting my alarm for stupid AM. I just switch it off and go back to sleep.

When I first started working out in the morning, I put my alarm clock across the room so I had to get out of bed to turn it off. Two and a half months later, I'm used to getting up at 5 and it's not a struggle anymore.

I've tried that :( and downloading those alarms where you have to solve a puzzle or scan a barcode for the alarm to shut off, all to no avail. I am now at the conclusion that i am not a morning person, so no amount of tricks is going to make it happen.

This is me. My hubby gets up and runs at 4:30am. The only thing that gets me out of bed is that I'm competitive. I can't let him get training that I don't get. It wouldn't be fair.

I need someone to run with :( Mrs S doesn't do mornings any more than I do and she doesn't run, ever.

(this could be complete hogwash) Can you facetime and run with someone? Is that something you can do internationally? I am so ignorant on phone features and I have not facetimed (is that a word) in my life. (Head down, not a good suggestion.)

Haha I don't know if it's possible, and I have android, so probably not and who on earth wants to look at my sweaty face?? Even Mrs s disappears when I'm on the treadmill, and she purports to love me ;)
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    Confession: I could not find matching socks today after looking for several minutes. So, I chose to wear boots instead of the flats I had planned on (and my socks don't match).

I see nothing wrong in this
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

(this could be complete hogwash) Can you facetime and run with someone? Is that something you can do internationally? I am so ignorant on phone features and I have not facetimed (is that a word) in my life. (Head down, not a good suggestion.)

Haha I don't know if it's possible, and I have android, so probably not and who on earth wants to look at my sweaty face?? Even Mrs s disappears when I'm on the treadmill, and she purports to love me ;)

Ditto I am nasty looking running!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Happy news... Chair gave minimal comments on prospectus and I can officially submit after revisions to my committee! @WestCoastJo82 that is an update for you!

Wahoo!!! This is such an awesome update - minimal comments says soooo much about how hard you worked on it. Super congratulations!!

Thanks! I basically had to rewrite it but she was really happy. PLUS I got official email I can do my research at my company so we are making progress!

Yay for progress!! You are SO getting it done this year.

That is the plan!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Happy news... Chair gave minimal comments on prospectus and I can officially submit after revisions to my committee! @WestCoastJo82 that is an update for you!

Happy news, indeed!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I confess that I remembered the correct birthday for the thread because it's the same as my childhood best friend's. She works in the lab in my hospital now. :-)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I confess that I remembered the correct birthday for the thread because it's the same as my childhood best friend's. She works in the lab in my hospital now. :-)

Ha! I should look up my anniversary date. I think I started in February posting in here. Or March. It took me a while to have the guts to post. And it was a few hundred pages in when I started reading. Susie looked it up for me once but I don't remember the actual date.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    We are coming up on our one year "confessions" anniversary, you guys. As in this Friday. Craziness! :heart:

<3.

I'll be celebrating by driving 500 miles to attend my daughter's spur of the moment wedding. :neutral:

YAYYY!!! I demand pictures!!

I'm sure there will be tons of pictures. Speaking of pictures, I probably should figure out what I'm going to wear, mother of the bride and all...

Have a safe trip and I know you will look great!!
    I am going to sign myself up for the Insane Inflatable 5K. It just looks too fun. I may or may not also sign up for the Gritty Goddess again. Still thinking about it.

What is an insane inflatable 5K?

They set up inflatables throughout the course and you have to climb through them and then run to the next one. I have never run one, but they are fun to watch...

That does sound fun. I am surprised I haven't heard of them.

That is my kind of race. It sounds like SO much fun!

I bet we could find one of these close enough to us that we could do it together!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I lurked for a good six months
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Ha! I should look up my anniversary date. I think I started in February posting in here. Or March. It took me a while to have the guts to post. And it was a few hundred pages in when I started reading. Susie looked it up for me once but I don't remember the actual date.

We should do this for the birthday - all find our first post dates and compare!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    YOU GUYS!!! I have ONE LAST PHONE CALL to listen to!!! I'm almost done!!!!!!!!!!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    We are coming up on our one year "confessions" anniversary, you guys. As in this Friday. Craziness! :heart:

<3.

I'll be celebrating by driving 500 miles to attend my daughter's spur of the moment wedding. :neutral:

That's exciting! Only you don't look very excited...

Driving 500 miles is anything but exciting. (it was 515 from my driveway to Tamara's dorm at Mississippi State.)

Sorry, I was thinking about your daughter getting married. Yeah, driving that far would not be exciting at all
    I confess that I am not overly excited that daughter is getting married, but I am trying to be a supportive mother and not let her know that!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Look for mine when you look for yours that would take forever!! Who has that kind of time?!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

<3.

That's exciting! Only you don't look very excited...

Driving 500 miles is anything but exciting. (it was 515 from my driveway to Tamara's dorm at Mississippi State.)

Sorry, I was thinking about your daughter getting married. Yeah, driving that far would not be exciting at all
    I confess that I am not overly excited that daughter is getting married, but I am trying to be a supportive mother and not let her know that!

Ceci I know you're not but I'm so excited for pictures and seeing the grand babies dressed up! <3 and your new haircut looks fabulous!
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Look for mine when you look for yours that would take forever!! Who has that kind of time?!

Um, well I did, while I was listening to phone calls all day. But now that I'm on the LAST ONE, I may not...
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

Um, well I did, while I was listening to phone calls all day. But now that I'm on the LAST ONE, I may not...

YESYESYESYESYESYESYES!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

Hahah Quik you crack me up
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    I lurked for a good six months

I read everything from the date it was posted but lurked until April I believe.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I have been reading this thread since the beginning and have enjoyed reading it. I've felt guilty not contributing. I usually don't comment much. I don't feel like anyone cares about what I have to say. :) Low self esteem sometimes.

I can relate to a lot of different things in this thread. That makes me feel better.

I'm glad to see other people like black jelly beans as much as I do.

I bought cookie butter because of this thread. It was pretty tasty!

I have to confess that I have about 8 lbs (that is not an exaggeration) of candy at my house. Thankfully I have been good about moderation so all the candy I buy or receive is piling up. I have been losing weight slowly but I do have candy every day.

The sad thing is, I've been using My Fitness Pal since around 2011-2012. I lost about 30 lbs and then gained about 10 back when I lost the job I had at that time (stress). If I had stayed serious about logging, I would have been at my goal weight by now. Oh well, at least I'm losing again.

Thanks for "listening."

Found it.

And funny thing is, someone had actually flagged this post. LOL
    March 23, 2015 8:23AM 1Flag Quote ·