5ft 2 ladies ....it's not fair being Petit!

Options

Replies

• shellybelly395
    shellybelly395 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    keekeepop5 wrote: »
    I love this thread. I wish I was as tall as all you guys. I'm at 5'. I love my height but it is definitely a challenge with weight....I'm back on mfp since Dec. I've been on before...up and down with my weight. I'm slightly older (55) and have found it not as easy to lose the lbs...but it does work. Counting calories and some exercise I'm down 7 lbs with 20 more to go....LETS DO IT!

I'm down 7lbs too ..yeah!!!
    Added you as a friend
  • shellybelly395
    Options
    Hi All,

5'2 and 169 @ 45 yrs old but just started last week on the Body for Life. Did this about 7 years ago and went from 195 to 135. Short girl problems number 1 - 10lbs looks like 20lbs on us! LOL Gained the weight back to due going back to school and working a full time job - not much time for taking care of myself properly.

How is your new programming going?
    It's terrible when you realise the weight has crept back on. I knoe it's happening but wish to ignore it...the tighter trouser's and clothes that you dare not get out of the wardrobe... As you know deep down they won't fit. New year ..new me....again!!!
    I've added you as a friend
  • soniaf
    soniaf Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    he he he I love being told "I wish I was as tall as you" LOL!
  • shellybelly395
    Options
    Imomw2016 wrote: »
    Feel free to add me as a friend! Im in the same short boat. I'm 5' 2" and CW is 149.6... Just got out of the 150's by a hair!

Sounds like u You are doing well. Congratulations on getting into the 140's !!
    I'm heading for the ,9 stones now...just out of the 10 stones by a lb haha
    Added you as a friend
  • shellybelly395
    Options
    Lutielu wrote: »
    So I'm not really overweight, just undertall lol. I'm 5'3 and understand the evening cravings pain. I used to love to bake but I can't hardly do it anymore. Having things in the house has proved too big a temptation. Feel free to add me.

The evening cravings are still there but I've been really careful with my calories in the day so I can keep some for the evening. At the moment it seems to be working. When I'm craving something at about 6pm I keep busy and focus on my 9pm treat. Either a cookie or sine mmmm
  • shellybelly395
    Options
    Wine
  • shellybelly395
    Options
    Mmmmm
  • shellybelly395
    Options
    soniaf wrote: »
    I am 5'2" and 86 kg or 189 pounds. I was 90kg or 198 lb a month ago.
    I have been very good all week and just drank lots of wine and now want to eat my head off!!
    I would like to be 70 kg or 154 lb. I am aiming for 1000 cal/day at the moment. I am a single parent, work full time, 3 kids, and at uni, yada yada. My youngest is now 7 and I am starting to leave her with my 15 year old which helps, so I can go to the gym to do Pump. I ride my bike to work too.

Wow 10lbs in a month. Well done.
    It's been hard for me for the 1st 2 weeks. I was really grumpy and craving everything plus realising how much I was eating before starting mfp. But at week 4 its sinking in. I've started exercising again and have lost 7lbs so really pleased

• shellybelly395
    Options
    rkd2610 wrote: »
    Hey! I'm 5"2 still struggling to lose the baby weight....15 months on!! feel free to add me ladies :D

Good luck with the weight loss
    Added you as a friend
  • NatalieHedrick1
    NatalieHedrick1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'2" also. I've always said, "If I were just a few inches taller, I'd have a smokin' hot bod!"
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Spinners are hot.
  • chelseakrenzke
    chelseakrenzke Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey :) 5'2 here currently at 184, started at 189.5 my goal weight is between 125-135.

Have awful sweet cravings as well especially during my monthly gift.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Hello All, I am 5'3". I like to call myself fun size...or when people talk about my height I just tell them that I reached perfection sooner than they did! I struggle with my midsection. I exercise and am very fit, just have to watch my food intake.
  • lisambooth2
    lisambooth2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi....looking for support from ladies similar height to me. I weighed in at 147lbs (10sr 7) ideally want to loose 20lb to take me to 9st. I have lost the weight before but over a 2 yr period it has crept back on.
    Never been on the forums before but would like support from others in a similar situation.
    I find evening cravings the worst. And want wine and chocolate haha

Hi im 5"2 and weighed nearly 10 stone at beginning of Jan, gave up alcohol and with daily 20min excerise I am now 9st 7Ibs.
  • hermajestee
    hermajestee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am super tall - 5' 2 1/2" - yes - that 1/2 is important!! I would love friends to help motivate me!! My biggest issue is wine also!!
  • nicolejo143
    nicolejo143 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Being smaller means less calories and I find a few pounds make a big difference on the waistline being smaller. I've could be stretched out a few inches my weight would be in proportion

This is so true! I'm 5'1". I lost 3lbs this year, but I can see a difference. I started at 143.5 a 2-3 weeks ago. Its going fast so far, but it might just be like this in the beginning. Us shorties have to work harder for every pound, but each one lost will show.

Feel free to add me. Any other shorties on here are free to add me too. lol
  • SMean1
    SMean1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have and think about a quote I had seen long ago on a Garfield the cat comic strip where it said he believed the word "Diet" was DIE with a T. So I do not diet. I do not deny myself what I want. I used to be 5'3 but at 47 years of age and my daughter measuring me last year I have shrunk and am now 5'2 and a quarter. I think denying yourself a pleasure will ultimately lead anyone back to old mindless snacking habits. THE very best thing you can do for your body is to know your caloric limit. So, if one chooses to have wine and chocolate, and pasta even, be sure your limits are WITHIN your daily caloric intake. For example, if in order to lose weight you need to drop from 2000 calories/day to 1800 calories/day, know that any alcohol or chocolate will be dipping into that amount. If you can manage snacking, meals and these cravings all while keeping within your caloric goals there is no reason you cannot drop the pounds. If not, it is your discipline and NOT the calories that are the problem. The best way to ensure you stay within your guidelines you've set is to track EVERYTHING you've eaten or drank each and every day. I try to go for a heavier breakfast, lighter lunch, and lighter dinner to equate about 1400 calories which leave me 400 calories to use any way I choose. Be it wine, choc. or whatever. Please note, any physical activity that burns calories will allow you to go over a set caloric goal. Best to you.
  • SMean1
    SMean1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello, Shelley here as well. I have and think about a quote I had seen long ago on a Garfield the cat comic strip where it said he believed the word "Diet" was DIE with a T. So I do not diet. I do not deny myself what I want. I used to be 5'3 but at 47 years of age and my daughter measuring me last year I have shrunk and am now 5'2 and a quarter. I think denying yourself a pleasure will ultimately lead anyone back to old mindless snacking habits. THE very best thing you can do for your body is to know your caloric limit. So, if one chooses to have wine and chocolate, and pasta even, be sure your limits are WITHIN your daily caloric intake. For example, if in order to lose weight you need to drop from 2000 calories/day to 1800 calories/day, know that any alcohol or chocolate will be dipping into that amount. If you can manage snacking, meals and these cravings all while keeping within your caloric goals there is no reason you cannot drop the pounds. If not, it is your discipline and NOT the calories that are the problem. The best way to ensure you stay within your guidelines you've set is to track EVERYTHING you've eaten or drank each and every day. I try to go for a heavier breakfast, lighter lunch, and lighter dinner to equate about 1400 calories which leave me 400 calories to use any way I choose. Be it wine, choc. or whatever. Please note, any physical activity that burns calories will allow you to go over a set caloric goal. Best to you.
  • jforshizzle
    jforshizzle Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am just under 5'2" and currently 145 lbs. I'd like to get down to 128 again, but I will settle for 135. My husband is 6'2" and has a very active job, so I struggle coming to grips with the fact that I can't eat as much as him! Ahh! :s
  • tiffinfilion
    tiffinfilion Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am just under 5'2" and currently 145 lbs. I'd like to get down to 128 again, but I will settle for 135. My husband is 6'2" and has a very active job, so I struggle coming to grips with the fact that I can't eat as much as him! Ahh! :s

My boyfriend is 5'11" and can eat ice cream and lose weight the next day! WTF??! Though one day I did eat half a medium pepperoni pizza and a beer and lost weight the next day. LOL But it came back. :( I thought for sure I had found the secret to weight loss! :)