Started the 30 day shred!

Options
I started the 30 day shred this morning. I did the 1st video. IT KICKED MY BUTT! I loved it!:smooched:
Im gonna do it maybe 3 days a week. I do cardio 1hr a day 6 days a week and on the days I do that video Im gonna do 40 min of cardio too.

Does this sound like a good plan?:flowerforyou:

Replies

• JenniferMann24
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred this morning. I did the 1st video. IT KICKED MY BUTT! I loved it!:smooched:
    Im gonna do it maybe 3 days a week. I do cardio 1hr a day 6 days a week and on the days I do that video Im gonna do 40 min of cardio too.

Does this sound like a good plan?:flowerforyou:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Just started that on Sun. I really like too. I'm planning on doing it 4x a week. But that's all I do right now. Your plan sounds fine. Good luck and here's to Jillian kicking our butt:drinker: :laugh:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I got this DVD 3 weeks ago and haven't done it yet. :grumble:

Do you think it's enough of a workout to make this your only work out for the day OR do you feel you NEED more cardio on top of it. I'm in good shape and am very active in many sports, but time is more of a factor for me.

I was thinking about adding SHRED to me Volleyball night, because I don't burn nearly as many calories on those days as I do snowboarding or soccer days.
  • age1389
    Options
    I would say it's a great start. It's all I do right now.

• ColleenLG
    Options
    I, too, LOVE the 30 Day Shred!! I started level one last week and was able to get three days of good butt kicking!! Of course, I am not sure if it is in my head or not, but I feel as though I can get through it just a TAD easier than the first day I did it.

Hope you all have a great week!!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I did mine for the first time yesterday and loved it! And i could feel the burn! I am a little bit sore this morning but not too bad, just enough to feel like I did something good!!
  • Super_mom
    Super_mom Posts: 185
    Options
    i bought the 30 day shred this weekend, i havent done it yet.
    I just watched to see what was going on, I think i'll try it today
    or tomorrow, is it a great workout?
  • mommy_of_3_boys
    Options
    Ok, I'm a little lost... what's the 30 day shred? What type of cardio is it? Also, where can I get it & for how much? Thanks!
  • renae77
    Options
    Ok, I'm a little lost... what's the 30 day shred? What type of cardio is it? Also, where can I get it & for how much? Thanks!
    It is a Jillian Michaels DVD called the 30 Day Shred! It is awesome. I think you can get it at Walmart and other places but I bought mine on Amazon.com pretty cheap. It is a great workout!!
  • mommy_of_3_boys
    Options
    It is a Jillian Michaels DVD called the 30 Day Shred! It is awesome. I think you can get it at Walmart and other places but I bought mine on Amazon.com pretty cheap. It is a great workout!!
    Thanks so much! I"m going to def look into getting it! My gym won't take the baby & I need exercise! lol
  • abillings9
    Options
    I just finished day 3 of Shred and my endurance was much better today! Push ups and side lunges with the anterior arm lifts are still killing me though. I am doing it every other day combined with wii's my fitness coach. So 3 days a week of Shred and 3 days a week of fitness coach with Sundays off.
  • Destined
    Destined Posts: 116
    Options
    I think I am going to buy that because I do need a different kind of workout. Have been going with Billy Blank's Taebo for a year now. He is addictive. Anyone out there who is a Billy Blanks Lover???,,lol
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I also received this for Christmas but haven't tried it yet. what are the best weights to get for it, just little hand weights or kettle balls?
  • schoonmp
    schoonmp Posts: 175
    Options
    :grumble: I did one day last Tue, and my calves have been sore ever since. I work out a pretty good bit so this suprised me. The tape has been on sale at walmart for $9. It's worth it. I plan on trying to do it at least 2 to 3 times a week.
  • cwalbrj
    cwalbrj Posts: 61
    Options
    I just got mine this weekend (reading everyone's posts on this DVD, I just had to have it). I have a set of 5 lb weights. I assume that will be okay..? Do I need my mat ? I'll post tomorrow (or tonight) how it was. Right now I do the elipitical at the gym and do the Leslie walking tapes. :glasses:
  • Super_mom
    Super_mom Posts: 185
    Options
    $9 at walmart thats great, i bought mine from target for $14 i should have looked around.
    I also bought 3lb hand weights they were 2 for $6 will those be okay?
  • abillings9
    Options
    I use 3 lb hand weights and they kick my butt. :laugh:
  • JenniferMann24
    Options
    Just to check. Is the DVD 20 mins or so. I do the one on Comcast On Demand and its free.
    Just want to make sure its the same one
  • age1389
    Options
    Yeah it has 3 levels of 20 min. work outs. The video says you will need hand weights and a mat. I have 3 pound ones. And they seem to work fine for me.
    I also got mine at Walmart for 9 bucks:drinker:

• renae77
    Options
    I think I am going to buy that because I do need a different kind of workout. Have been going with Billy Blank's Taebo for a year now. He is addictive. Anyone out there who is a Billy Blanks Lover???,,lol
    I like Taebo too but haven't done it in a long time! Its also a great workout!