Options
    Margaret - the pics are beautiful, thanks for sharing

Janetr okc
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    shitake%20pacific%20cod%20spinach_zpsf6oouoro.jpg

My lunch yesterday: Shitake' rice pacific cod and spinach HEAVEN

Today I am having the rest of the tri-colored rice with the mushrooms, and oh forgot I put walnuts in it. For lunch I am adding 2 eggs, and spinach then mix it up and put it in the oven with some havarti cheese on top.

This morning I am down to 231.6 lost a lb since Wednesday. So I am hoping to get to 230 by this Wednesday to celebrate all this amazing eating and drinking I have been doing! Getting in about 80 oz water a day. Feeling awesome!

You all seem to be mentally treading water well! Love all the pics of your animals! So handsome!

Kirby is officaly in the "He Rocks!" category!! Pip you are his most endearing fan, by the way he smiles at the camera (you). Together you make a solid team!

Take care all (((hugs)))
    Becca
    in soggy Oregon

• oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I also don’t see how so many that are rich and gotten it by ‘ill gotten gains’ can live with themselves; but, they can – no conscious – but bear in mind that one day we are all accountable for our actions. I’d rather not have (if the only way was taking what is not mine) and live with a clear conscious; than to live in a ‘mansion’ on the hill and not have what I do need. “I have everything I need; and, nothing that I don’t” (like the country song says). It was the way I was brought up; and, an easy way to view the world. I think that we are supposed to help when we can and for those who are willing to ‘pull themselves up by the bootstrap’ while getting that help. There really is not ‘easy road’ (or track or high wire); sooner or later everybody falls down and needs help. Whether you ‘volunteer’ for some cause, or help family and/or friends – then you are ‘helping’. Some of the ‘rich cats’ haven’t learned that ‘they can’t take it with them’ and soon most will learn that lesson. If you ‘take’ all the time; then it is rare that someone will ‘give’ you the benefit of a doubt. IF that makes any sense.

Lenora, totally agree with all this! like Mr. Rogers said -- Look for the helpers!

Katla I am taking 300 units of the D3 because I read the same thing. Mostly it is helping.

Someone posted this on FB today and it reminds me of us all! And no clothing needed, Becca.
    Betty

y3cio847viub.jpg

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,677 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

jog w/kirby round track- 17.58min, 11.19ap for mile total 1.5mi = 164c
    walking round track- 8.15min, .5mi = 32c
    rowing- 15min, 2396meters, 52aw = 127c
    total cal 323

thanks annr!!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    I don't know if u remember, but bullwinkle had a bi lump underneath her front armpit and we recently had it removed. Last Saturday she had a checkup and all was well. She had been wearing a tshirt to protect her scar. Yesterday I felt her and she had a lump again, not as big /2 the size which was still really big! It felt hard. My first thought it was liquid and it had gotten full enough but had no where to go, but I thought it was too hard. I was going to make a vet appointment on Tuesday cuz I had an appointment for me too. She always sleeps upstairs with us but this time she stayed on the couch. She does that every once in a while so no big. We were just getting ready to load them up to go to the gym and I saw her tshirt was really wet and so was the couch cover. I immediately felt her bump and she was really flat again. As I thought, it was liquid that had no where to go and one area had opened to allow her to drain. Still gonna take her to the vet. Wasn't bloody liquid at least. I am glad I was raised on a farm and I don't get grossed out easily. Please send positive thoughts her way once again, thanks
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,788 Member
    Options
    well I am home in jammies!
    My cousin Stephanie did a spectacular job in her one woman show....had a buffet lunch with stations took a little bit of pasta.. but I am glad to be home and sleeping in my own bed..
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    I don't know if u remember, but bullwinkle had a bi lump underneath her front armpit and we recently had it removed. Last Saturday she had a checkup and all was well. She had been wearing a tshirt to protect her scar. Yesterday I felt her and she had a lump again, not as big /2 the size which was still really big! It felt hard. My first thought it was liquid and it had gotten full enough but had no where to go, but I thought it was too hard. I was going to make a vet appointment on Tuesday cuz I had an appointment for me too. She always sleeps upstairs with us but this time she stayed on the couch. She does that every once in a while so no big. We were just getting ready to load them up to go to the gym and I saw her tshirt was really wet and so was the couch cover. I immediately felt her bump and she was really flat again. As I thought, it was liquid that had no where to go and one area had opened to allow her to drain. Still gonna take her to the vet. Wasn't bloody liquid at least. I am glad I was raised on a farm and I don't get grossed out easily. Please send positive thoughts her way once again, thanks

Positive thoughts coming your way.
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Betty and Lenora, There is a significant part of the population that has "antisocial personality disorder" - what we used to call sociopaths or psychopaths. What most people don't realize is that they aren't all murderers or violent- it all depends on what their goal in life is! For many it is to be rich and powerful, so they ease through life taking advantage of others to increase their wealth and power and never think twice about it. Many top businessmen fall in to this category- that is why there is such rampant lawbreaking by businessmen. Some want to be a famous actor so they walk all over others to get to the top. Some want to be the town mayor. It all depends on their goals, but they will stop at nothing to reach their goal. And yes, almost all are men.

we had some weather- rain- come in last night and my joints were awful last night and this morning. As the front passed, my joints started feeling better and just now I was actually able to do my hot tub workout.

Pip, so pleased for Kirby. He looks so happy!
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    well I am home in jammies!
    My cousin Stephanie did a spectacular job in her one woman show....had a buffet lunch with stations took a little bit of pasta.. but I am glad to be home and sleeping in my own bed..

So true. We had a comfy K size bed on the cruise,a great time......but the eve we got home,I slept for 10 hrs! No place like home & the older I get,the better home is.

PIP.....good thoughts for Bullwinkle. So sad to have your pet hurting. Pat
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Pip - positive thoughts for Bulwinkle coming her way!

<3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Penny: Setting a timer to work seems like a brilliant idea. I hope it continues to be successful for you. :flowerforyou:

Irish Terri: Your Austrian vacation was in a lovely place. I'm glad you had a good time. :smiley:

Alison: "I have found out that I like being in my own home, with Tom and the boys... I am more comfortable there." Excellent news! :bigsmile:

Sylvia: The lake is beautiful! I love being close to water. :flowerforyou:

Joyce: Thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way. :heart:

Oceanmelody: I love the full support bra! Thanks for the laugh. :smiley:

Pip: Sending good thoughts for Bullwinkle. (((HUGS)))

Miriam: Your comments regarding "antisocial personality disorder" makes me think about Congress and wonder about the percentage in both parties. :noway:

My riding lesson today was a gift from heaven. I went on a trail ride with my teacher and then continued to ride in the arena while she worked with another student. I felt great and had no issues with balance, weakness, or pain. Yay! I feel as though I'm doing a better job communicating with the horse and that is a breaktrhough. It mainly physical balance adjustments that I think were better today than before & the horse did so well at doing what I wanted him to do that it seemed almost like magic & mind-reading on his part.
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

January Goals :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,974 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    csofled wrote: »
    We're both looking at the same moon, in the same world.
    We're connected to reality by the same line.
    All I have to do is quietly draw it toward me.
    HARUKI MURAKAMI

Thanks for being here in this "virtual" reality. I am blessed with your presence each and every day!

Cheri in warmish NE oHIo

A few months ago I read "What I Talk About When I Talk About Running" by Haruki Murakami.......I was an awesome book and I highly recommend it.

:)Pip,sending positive thoughts to Bullwinkle and send equally positive thoughts to Kirby and his running.

:)Katla, I'm so happy to hear about your great riding lesson today

<3Joyce, sending hugs to you

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful chilly NW Washingtont09013.gif

My word for 2016 is "alacrity"....I will greet all experiences in my life with cheerful readiness
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    @oceanmelody love the support bra sayings!!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    went to old town bicycle (bike shop) and bought kirby a headlight for his helmet, 750 lumins!! that is ONE BRIGHT LIGHT! and returned the one that i bought at REI that was only 120 lumins.

night peeps, we will try it out tomorrow morning!, with the new helmet, he is good to go! can't wait to see him turn the night into day!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,974 Member
    Options
    t2219.gif..It is almost bedtime for me so I posted the new thread for February.

Here is the link:

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326725/women-ages-50-for-february-2016#latest
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Hi Friends,
    I'm back. Fell behind by over 300 posts so may not catch up with all the news this month. :/

Count me in as another one happy to be sleeping in my own bed again. :) The back to back business trips went well, but somewhere on the road my right sacroiliac went out. Saw the chiropractor during the 36 hours I was home, but the adjustment wasn't enough. I'm scheduled for another adjustment and a full body massage tomorrow after work. Can hardly wait.

Meanwhile, my workouts have been compromised. :s Can't do much more than walk a couple of miles. My food choices were okay, but the amounts were not, so not a great couple of weeks. Add to this discomfort, a touch of a cold that is trying to settle in my throat and chest, and which I'm fighting off with everything I've got.

The scale shows that I ended January weighing exactly the same as on January 1st. No gain...I'll take it!

NSV of the month = A very good friend who's gained alot of weight gave me 3 pairs of skinny slacks and numerous tops. Sizes 10 and medium!!!!! Could NOT believe these fit, but they do and I'm thrilled. B) I was a tight 14 three years ago.

Stay well. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
    Where we got 4 inches of snow, and it's still coming down

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Sylvia and Margaret – I could not tell who actually posted these pictures; so ‘thanks’ … for posting and/or reposting and sharing. I’ve always wanted an orchid plant but never had a place that did not require me to move it all the time. Lady at plant store said most people over-water them. It’s really just a very pretty parasite. I think once we get our porched (finally) enclosed; I might try one. I’ve got a former HS classmate who has several in her breakfast room window – she says they are ‘easy’. I’ve got a big ‘lipstick plant’ that doesn’t like to be ‘fussed over’. I think I might be able to ‘not’ kill one. Gotta save my $$$ and then decide if I want to take the chance.

GodMomKim – We like a packaged chili that come in a goldish-yellow bag (maybe 2 cups of mix); you add meat and beans to it. I like the consistency of it; but, don’t know what the caloric amount is for a serving. I know that my son uses venison in his chili. I like the seasoning of McCormick’s and feel a bit safer to get it right. Have you ever had ‘white chili’ … made with chicken and navy beans? A friend of mine made it and it was different but a lot better than I thought it’d be. Hope you had fun at the play.

cityjaneLondon – I never ‘thought’ to put the caloric count on the package when you freeze it. I’m better now to actually put a label on it for what it actually is. Worked all day yesterday and ended up burning my 15-bean soup when I went to re-heat it for supper. I cried several times today. It really wasn’t a lot of $$$ put into it’ but, it would have been several meals over time. But, I will not be ‘defeated’. I’ll try it again. Never used 'dry beans' before - it was a 'learning experience' for sure. Going to replace the pot I cook in; need one with a thicker bottom. I think the bottom is bowed inward because it always seems to ‘stick’ around the side. GGGrrrrrr!

Oceanmelody – Cute post from FB – we all get something out of every post, IMHO Not wearing; don’t over the weekends. BRAs … made by men or designed by them and they might be ‘pretty’ but they are also “pretty miserable” (for show and it doesn’t stay on very long with them anyway). LOL!!! My sons grew up on “Mr. Rogers” and I think they liked him more than my DGDs liked “Sesame Street”. Cookie Monster and the ‘Grouch’ were their favorites.

Pipcd34 – Glad that Bullwinkle is better; but, I’m like you – I’d take her in to the vet, too. I know right after we got “Cracker” my son either hit or or she ran into his tire. DH said, ‘let her sleep and take her in tomorrow. Nope, not gonna happen, vet is open on Sat and Sun for a couple of hours; so I met him there. Was already upset and told DH that I was taking her because I did not want to wake up the next morning only to find her dead. Basically he told me that she might have a small stress fracture; he x-rayed to other paw to compare. We just had to keep her ‘off her feet’ for 3 weeks. That meant she had to be in her crate; but, we were trying to ‘crate train’ her anyway. She wasn’t very happy; but, she stopped walking and favoring it.
    Y’all are brave to ride at ‘night’. Mmmm, my bike was up and locked before nightfall.

Miraimwithcats – I agree – so many different diagnoses and prognoses and I really think we all have a ‘little bit’ of all – makes our ‘personalities’. I want ‘good and positive’ feedback; not negative. DDnL#1 ‘changes’ from one minute to the next. Hard to ‘read’ her moods and it is subject to change in a ‘flash’. I find that I have to keep my distance. Not going to let her interfere with my ‘family’ that will ALWAYS include my sons. They’ll be my sons (little boys) until the day I die. I’d like to think we showed more positive to them and that they will remember us as “Dad and Mom” for the rest of their lives … or as they call us: “Mommiedom and FatBoy”. Don’t know where they come up with the ‘dom’ at the end of what they called me as youngsters (was probably 'damn'); but, I do understand their nickname for their Dad. DH has a bit of a gut; and we kid him about when the ‘baby’ is due. Also has a hernia that the MD is not concerned about that almost looks like a baby’s foot or elbow poking out. I can remember that my DYS was very active and moved a lot; oldest son was a ‘roller’. When DYS moved it was like a 4-point landing! Bigger with him and they keep thinking that I might be carrying ‘twins’. They did not have all the 'fancy' equipment back then. Lordy mercy … I’m not sure I could have handled 2 of him (if both had the personality he has). HA! HA! HA! Back then, nearly 40 years ago, they sort of 'guessed' what you were having according to be baby's heartbeat. I had Graves Disease (thyroid problem) that was diagnosed long after I had him; and, that was probably why ... my heartrate was faster than it normally would have been.

Katla and Miriam – I think you can sometimes ‘google’ famous people who are ‘thought’ or ‘are’ afflicted with various ‘issues’. I know when I was first diagnoses with being ‘bipolar’ … I often wondered ‘why me’? Then I read the list and so many ‘artists’ were/are ‘bipolar’, so I started feeling more positive about myself. Of course, there were a few that I was surprised about, too. Speaking of Congress and wondering the %%%% of each party. Some are ‘still in the closet’ about a lot of things. But, my thoughts about ‘mental illness’ is that people ought to be more honest and not like the “Big C” word abour having cancer back in the 50’s. I can remember as a child (first noticing women had boobs; I asked my Mother why the mother of a friend of mine, did not have any. She sat me down and explained ‘preventative surgery’. I wasn’t no more than 8 or so. Back then you did not talk about ‘cancer’ like women do now-a-days. It came ‘out of the closet’ and now there are so many cancers that can be ‘cured’ or ‘go into remission’. I’m fine so long as my medications don’t ‘whack out’. Normally my MD can adjust them over the phone and I try it for a couple of days to see if the ‘tweaking’ is working for me or not.

I think I am coming down with UTI. Why does it always happen on Friday afternoons when you could not BUY a MD after Noon; or on weekends when your only option is the ER? I think I am going to call first thing in the AM and see if ‘somebody’ can work me in their schedule. If I end up going to my GYN instead of my GP; I might ask him "if he’ll write a Rx with one refill; just to have - 'in case' …”. I keep getting them. Bladder is smaller than usual and has spasms all the time. I’ve had those 2 tests. Gee, don’t want to have to repeat of them. For those of you who have ‘giving birth’ … it feels like I ‘want to push; and, being told wait, wait, wait – don’t push’.

Lenora
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    Hi Friends,
    I'm back. Fell behind by over 300 posts so may not catch up with all the news this month. :/

Count me in as another one happy to be sleeping in my own bed again. :) The back to back business trips went well, but somewhere on the road my right sacroiliac went out. Saw the chiropractor during the 36 hours I was home, but the adjustment wasn't enough. I'm scheduled for another adjustment and a full body massage tomorrow after work. Can hardly wait.

Meanwhile, my workouts have been compromised. :s Can't do much more than walk a couple of miles. My food choices were okay, but the amounts were not, so not a great couple of weeks. Add to this discomfort, a touch of a cold that is trying to settle in my throat and chest, and which I'm fighting off with everything I've got.

The scale shows that I ended January weighing exactly the same as on January 1st. No gain...I'll take it!

NSV of the month = A very good friend who's gained alot of weight gave me 3 pairs of skinny slacks and numerous tops. Sizes 10 and medium!!!!! Could NOT believe these fit, but they do and I'm thrilled. B) I was a tight 14 three years ago.

Stay well. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
    Where we got 4 inches of snow, and it's still coming down

Nice NSV.

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan ...where it isn't snowing and isn't raining either :) finally!
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Well, I've skimmed and skipped again to get to the end of the posts. It's been a very active month here!

Had a productive day getting some things done around the house on Saturday. Today, we drove up to see our oldest daughter Emma at college. Her birthday is tomorrow, so we took her out to lunch then went to the basketball game where she was playing in the pep band. It's a couple hour drive each way, so was a long day.

Anyway, won't post much here as I see Barbie has already posted the new thread. See you there.

Linda/IA
  • CheriGee2
    CheriGee2 Posts: 24 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Oh, another Cheri. We are unique, although there's so many ways of spelling Sherry, Cheri, etc. I'm a real "Cheryl Lynn" but my mother called me that when she was mad at me. The rest of the time I was Cheri. Happy to meet another Cheri. Thank you for the welcome.
    csofled wrote: »
    garciasw wrote: »
    Hi gals, I'm a newbie; just joined January 27. I'm over 50 (by 20 years), but I'm a very young minded senior. Am I welcome?

I rarely find someone who spells their first name as I do! Welcome to the group!

Cheri (Ann) in NE oHIo