Healthy breakfast on the go?

Options
simmoner4
simmoner4 Posts: 132 Member
Please share favorite healthy breakfast recipes for a busy morning! Eggs, oats, whatever you got! Preferably high protein

Replies

• rleevegh
    rleevegh Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I used to really like making a breakfast smoothie with Plain Greek yogurt, almond milk, peanut butter, banana, and coco powder or you could just use chocolate almond milk
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    quest bar, ON protein shake, hard boiled eggs are staples for me!
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Lots of bananas. Make a cup of PB2 beforehand and dip your bananas in it. Won't be as good for your digestion though. Fruits are best eaten on their own. It's cool though.
  • Zozzle91
    Zozzle91 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Make some overnight oats! Rather than plain oats I tend to use Alpen as its even quicker! Put in a round Tupperware. Cover with milk or a dairy free alternative then top with fruit! I like kiwi or banana.
    Leave in a fridge over night and BAM something filling to grab in the morning.
  • dawnz75
    dawnz75 Posts: 579 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    These are great to make a big batch ahead of time when you have brown bananas. I use whatever protein powder I have on hand. My kids like chocolate flavored ones the best, of course.

https://www.toneitup.com/recipe/we-love-food-friday-your-3-ingredient-cookie/
  • AshetteKetchum
    AshetteKetchum Posts: 26 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Easy on the go: Protein shakes are always easys, throw in some mixed berries, a bag of assorted nuts/almonds, rice cakes with peanut butter, apple slices and peanut butter.

If you can meal prep or make the night before:
    Oatmeal in crock pot over night, add honey and berries.
    No Bake protein bars in muffin tins (many recipes online)
    Wheat puff bars (chocolate, peanut butter, with nuts, etc)
    Mini meat loafs in muffin tin

Just a few I could think of!
  • Coupongrl79
    Coupongrl79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    dawnz75 wrote: »
    These are great to make a big batch ahead of time when you have brown bananas. I use whatever protein powder I have on hand. My kids like chocolate flavored ones the best, of course.

https://www.toneitup.com/recipe/we-love-food-friday-your-3-ingredient-cookie/

Thanks for the recommendation Dawnz. I'm going to try these next time I have old bananas.
  • james18589
    james18589 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey looking for quite easy chicken recipes
  • PositivelyFlawed
    PositivelyFlawed Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    egg, 1/2 avocado, ww english muffin, and sriracha!
  • Cvlore
    Cvlore Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Tvp oatmeal. Use pur protein for milk, mix in 1/2 scoop protein powder. Very high protein.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Overnight oatmeal is my go-to
    1/3c oats
    1/3 c milk or almond milk
    1/2c greek yogurt
    tbs pb or almond butter
    1/2c frozen cherries
    and some honey and chia seeds

It's pretty good blended into a smoothie too
  • csillabrimer978
    csillabrimer978 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    simmoner4 wrote: »
    Please share favorite healthy breakfast recipes for a busy morning! Eggs, oats, whatever you got! Preferably high protein

Love your teeth, what whitening solution do you use?
  • Jomelyn83
    Jomelyn83 Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    fzqf2cc2fk40.png
    High protein turkey sausage breakfast muffins. Makes about 24.

16 oz Jenni O Turkey sausage
    One cup onion diced
    One cup tomato diced
    3 cloves garlic minced
    Two jalapeños diced
    One cup kale chopped
    16-18 large eggs
    Shredded low fat cheese
    Salt and pepper to taste
  • Totika
    Totika Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Jamie Eason turkey meatloaf muffins: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/video-jamie-eason-turkey-meatloaf-muffins.htm
      2 lbs. ground turkey (or chicken) 3 egg whites 1 cup quick cooking oats 1/2 tsp ground cumin 1/2 tsp dried thyme 2 tsp dry yellow mustard 2 tsp black pepper 2 tsp chipotle pepper spice 1 tsp salt 2 tbsp garlic powder (2 cloves minced) 1 small onion (finely chopped) 2 celery stalks (finely chopped)
  • thereplay
    thereplay Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    HB eggs (made for the week), Avocado, Ham and cheese rolls, bacon (cooked in advance), coffee.

Ive been wanting to try the ziplock boiled omellette thing, but water takes too long to boil, granted, if I just turn on the stove right when I roll out of bed it would be fine.

I may look into microwaving and see if thats an option, one coworker has said he sometimes scrambles an egg with cheese and veggies and pops it in the microwave for some determined amount of time.
  • quzzdragon
    quzzdragon Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Crustless Mini-Quiches! I made about 24 of them one weekend so I'm set for 2 weeks (with my hubby and I each eating one a day). They're 100% customizable and filled with protein AND veggies.

http://www.willcookforfriends.com/2014/04/crustless-mini-quiche-single-serving-breakfast-muffins.html
  • Tonydevolanii
    Tonydevolanii Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Croissants and mill
  • Tonydevolanii
    Tonydevolanii Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Milk
  • theskinnybecky
    theskinnybecky Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My fam LOVES breakfast burritos... I make big batches every other week, freeze em' individually (wrapped in wax paper) and grab, nuke and go.... I use Egg Beaters, turkey sausage, peppers, onions, jalapenos, low fat cheese.
  • Shae3891
    Shae3891 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have really gotten into hard boiled eggs, I make enough for the week on Sundays and add either chicken sausage, half and avocado or PB toast with banana as a side.