What is your Go To for something sweet?

Options

Replies

• disneygirl626
    disneygirl626 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I keep tons of little treats in the house. Right now I have Girl Scout cookies, chocolate covered almonds, and fun size snickers bars just for me, plus all my husband's treats that I'm not really that into. I will eat at least one treat every day. I just fit it into my calories and I never get cravings because I eat them all the time anyway lol. In fact, now that I eat more mindfully, I think I eat more sweets than I used to but I am eating much smaller portions.
  • alisfitgoal
    alisfitgoal Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow (or similar) fudge bars. 90 calories, they take me a while to eat, and are delicious.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    °Fiber One Lemon Bars - 90 calories/5g fiber
    °Dark Chocolate & Sea Salt Kind Bar -
    200 calories/6g protien/7g fiber
    °any non-fat greek yogurt -
    I usually throw in a handful of blueberries or
    raspberries. Avg 170 calories/9g protien/
    6g fiber
  • Doc0862
    Doc0862 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    For those of you who loves sweets as much as I do what is your Go To for something sweet and satisfying that doesn't destroy your calorie allowance for the day? Thanks.

Apple green or red sweeter type best.... peel and core put in a microwave bowl (I cut my apple into 1/2 inch chunks) add 1/4 cup of water cover and microwave on high for 3 min... sprinkle with cinnamon to taste.
    Enjoy sweet healthy goodness...
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Tons of great ideas. Everyone here is awesome! Always super helpful
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,981 Member
    Options
    Chobani flips. The peanut butter dream and key lime are my favorites. I also like the fiber one brownies, lemon bars and coffee cake squares.
  • trumpetsarecool
    trumpetsarecool Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love making a smoothie. My go to is a raspberry chocolate smoothie. I take about 1 cup of frozen raspberries, a Tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder, a splash of vanilla almond milk, and either some Truvia or Agave nectar for sweetness. It's like a milkshake but you won't feel guilty!
  • chimaerandi
    chimaerandi Posts: 153 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    3 cups popcorn with a tablespoon of chocolate chips--if you do it while you popcorn is hot, and stir well, it coats each piece in a light chocolate glaze, and it's, my god, so good. And it's like...220 calories? Depending on the brand of chocolate chips, and it takes a long time to eat, and it's filling. It's great.

Oh, and you can coat with marshmallow fluff, a tablespoon nutella, whatever you like and works into your calorie goals for the day. I mix it up! When I have extra cals, I do popcorn with 4 tbs marshmallow fluff, and two well-crushed oreos. I LOVE oreos and this makes it last and really enjoyable instead of lasting one minute.
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Usually the mini bite size candy bars. I'm happy with one or two, but have to hide them from my husband because he'll eat 5-10 of them at a time (he's trying to lose weight, I'm maintaining).
  • gracepost123
    gracepost123 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a fiber one chocolate brownie with s tiny bit of peanut butter in too. SO GOOD!!!
  • bellabonbons
    Options
    Sounds delicious! I tried one of those brownies once. They are amazing very chocolatey very good. Adding a touch of peanut butter that would be divine I'm definitely going to try it!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Usually some dark chocolate and raw almonds, measured out in a small portion of course, and it doesn't take much to satisfy the craving. I also like plain Greek yogurt (please get some with fat in it, which also helps with the craving and satisfaction!), topped with fresh berries and drizzled with some honey.

And some days I just go for the ice cream - not the whole carton, but measured out and topped with chocolate syrup or caramel or fruit or whipped cream, and logged into my diary - and it usually fits right into my daily goals. :smile:
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    70 Calorie dove bars. Try eating only one though. Or kashi coconut and chocolate bars 69 cents at store 120 calories and freaking delicious
  • alismommy1992
    alismommy1992 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    These days it's going to be sorbet, fruit and jam. I'm not allowed to eat sweets anymore. :( at least not the ones I enjoy.

Hershey kisses

• bellabonbons
    Options
    I admire all of you on the post. But there's no way I can keep a box of dove ice cream bars in the house I'll go through the whole box in 1 to 2 days. I have to find something that's not a trigger but still satisfying.
  • Tinawood40
    Tinawood40 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    80 calorie fudge bar. Hmmm hmmm. Does it for me.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I buy a pint of low calorie ice cream and then drench it in powdered peanut butter sauce and walden farms chocolate syrup...and eat the whole thing. About every night. Then I have to get my salty kick and have a big bowl of popcorn with taco seasoning.
  • dorener
    dorener Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    A teaspoon of Nutella and I'm good to go!
  • Fit2BeFly
    Fit2BeFly Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Kettle corn or strawberries and whip cream
  • bellabonbons
    Options
    Great ideas! All sounds delicious and doable. My most favorite dessert in the world is crème brûlée and I was honored to receive a crème brûlée recipe from Le Cordon Bleu's executive chef in Paris, France. MFP is incredible. Vast support, encouragement, experience and knowledge. I'm off to soak in the bathtub with lots of white bubbles. :)