tips to burn fat fast and develope more muscle tone

Options

Replies

• carmkizzle
    carmkizzle Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Burn fat fast? Whoa. I've never thought about that. Somebody should invent something to make that happen.

Someone told me to get hydroxicut or something like that... Ever heard of it?

Think about it for a sec - if that stuff really worked, do you think there would be as many overweight people walking around? There are no quick fixes, you just have to put in work. Do some research (using Google, it has tons of info), and put in the work.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,510 Member
    Options
    Nage3000 wrote: »
    any good ways to burn fat fast

Don't eat carbs. Carbs make you fat.
    Yeah that'd be a no.

gain more muscle tone?

Lift heavy. Try Stronglifts 5x5 as a good starting point.[/quote]This is fine.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    Options

gain more muscle tone?

Lift heavy. Try Stronglifts 5x5 as a good starting point.

5x5 on a caloric deficit? I wouldn't do that. You will snap some shhh up
    It's fine to do and I have lots of clients that do it now.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options

gain more muscle tone?

Carbs don't make you fat... and carbs are great if you're trying to build strength I hope this was a joke.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    OP, one loses fat based on the calorie deficit they are in. Trying to do it fast may compromise how you feel and possibly some energy since most try to do it eating minimal calories.
    Why do you HAVE to do it fast?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• tugsandpulls760
    tugsandpulls760 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Burn fat fast? Whoa. I've never thought about that. Somebody should invent something to make that happen.

nope,save your money there is no such thing as a fat burner

Yea there is its called exercise
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

Hey guy, I was being silly. Losing weight requires a calorie deficit, which means consuming fewer calories than you burn. You can do that by eating less, moving more, or a combination of the two. If you want to minimize your muscle loss while doing this, eat a good amount of protein ( various instructions on this but .8 g per pound of bodyweight is plenty) and do resistance exercise such as lifting weights. Also, use a reasonable calorie deficit.Trying to cut as fast as possible often ends in a loss of muscle, exhaustion, extreme hunger, and burn out.
  • myfelinepal
    myfelinepal Posts: 13,000 Member
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »

gain more muscle tone?

Really? News to me as I eat tons and tons of pasta. Source?

I'm a fan of pesto personally.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Does anybody know any good ways to burn fat fast and gain more muscle tone? Please help!!!!

Give Jim Stoppani's ShortCutToShred workout a shot, it will definitely accomplish what your trying to do.

So you're saying this workout is magic?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

gain more muscle tone?

Lol, think he was asking for their source of where they heard carbs made you fat, wan't aking for choice of sauce. Source =/= sauce.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »

gain more muscle tone?

Lol, think he was asking for their source of where they heard carbs made you fat, wan't aking for choice of sauce. Source =/= sauce.

Yup. Looking for some real science to backup the bro science.

FWIW, I even have my own pasta maker. I eat pasta at least once a week.

To the OP - There are no shortcuts. There is no magic workout or magic pill that will speed anything up. Unless you are really obese, 1-2 pounds per week is all you can safely lose. And you cannot gain muscle while losing - you can only try to maintain what you already have.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

nope,save your money there is no such thing as a fat burner

Yea there is its called exercise

well duh,but I was saying to the person who asked about it. there are no products on the market that are fat burners. there was no need for you to state otherwise. we were talking about products
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I did Stronglifts 5x5 on deficit and lost fat. Now doing PHUL on a deficit and still losing fat. It's important to hit your protein macros when lifting while on a deficit.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options

Never speak to that person again.

• Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    Does anybody know any good ways to burn fat fast and gain more muscle tone? Please help!!!!

Give Jim Stoppani's ShortCutToShred workout a shot, it will definitely accomplish what your trying to do.

Of course--it's called SHORT CUT.

You think they would lie about that?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Azdak wrote: »

Of course--it's called SHORT CUT.

You think they would lie about that?

Valid point.

Not sure how I missed this crucial bit of information.

Also, if the product has a large number in its name, it's a muscle builder. The larger the number, the more muscle.
  • callycal412
    callycal412 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    carmkizzle wrote: »

Think about it for a sec - if that stuff really worked, do you think there would be as many overweight people walking around? There are no quick fixes, you just have to put in work. Do some research (using Google, it has tons of info), and put in the work.

True. I checked it out and im not gonna do that to myself. Im doing pretty good without it lol. I already lost 6 lbs
  • callycal412
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    OP, one loses fat based on the calorie deficit they are in. Trying to do it fast may compromise how you feel and possibly some energy since most try to do it eating minimal calories.
    Why do you HAVE to do it fast?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I dont HAVE to do it fast. I just want this gut gone ASAP! ive been doing crunches and situps like crazy but all its doing is add muscle. I want to burn the fat off. So i beefed up my cardio a little to see what happens
  • callycal412
    Options

Hey guy, I was being silly. Losing weight requires a calorie deficit, which means consuming fewer calories than you burn. You can do that by eating less, moving more, or a combination of the two. If you want to minimize your muscle loss while doing this, eat a good amount of protein ( various instructions on this but .8 g per pound of bodyweight is plenty) and do resistance exercise such as lifting weights. Also, use a reasonable calorie deficit.Trying to cut as fast as possible often ends in a loss of muscle, exhaustion, extreme hunger, and burn out.

Yea i have been keeping a close eye on my calorie intake over the past 3 days. Seems like im eating like a bird but i feel better!
  • callycal412
    Options

I tried it today and it kicked my butt! This is serious!