Keto Lifestyle

Options
Hi I'm Lindsay. Just starting the keto meal plan/lifestyle today 2/1/16. I'm looking for anyone else that may be doing this to build a support system. I'm 30yrs old, 5'11 and currently 292lbs.

Replies

• karavanvossen
    karavanvossen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm Kara. Started Keto on the 24th of February. I am also tall, 6 ft and 260 down from 267 in the 24th. I am also looking for support.
  • Linz1u
    Linz1u Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm Kara. Started Keto on the 24th of February. I am also tall, 6 ft and 260 down from 267 in the 24th. I am also looking for support.

Hi Kara...thanks for your response! I'm assuming you meant that you started keto jan 24th. Way to go with your 7lb weight loss in the first week
  • beautifulketo
    beautifulketo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 5'11 and starting at 258. We can do this! I just started keto today. ☺️
  • lleimbach1
    lleimbach1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Another Lindsey here. Started keto again today and it's probably my 15th time. I'll be losing the 10 lbs or so that I gained over the holidays and then maintaining weight while adding muscle and losing fat. I'll be joining the power lifting team at my gym :smile:

29 years old, 5'6" and about 148ish
  • stampnrobn
    stampnrobn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Robin and I started Keto January 18, 2016. I started at 360 lbs and as of Sunday I have lost 13.4 pounds. So far so good but I know I will need support on the bad days!
  • UMDavies
    UMDavies Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Maeve and I've been keto since June 2015 - absolutely loving it and it's changed my life (no exaggeration!). There's a great keto group on here and also a low carb group with lots of lovely supportive people if you're interested -

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1143-keto

Best of luck!
  • klrmlr
    klrmlr Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm Alison. I started Keto on January 1st and I've lost 10 pounds since then. Started around 330. Would love some support!!
  • wesheets
    wesheets Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Also on Keto. I think if we all stick together and offer support we can bust past the first month or two when many give up weight loss goals. Would be great to show support and share successes!
  • bradtke007
    bradtke007 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just started keto today! Im 25.f.322lbs. We got this!!
  • Linz1u
    Options
    Hello! I am 5'11 and starting at 258. We can do this! I just started keto today. ☺️

Awesome! Thanks for joining in... Have you done keto before?
  • Linz1u
    Options
    bradtke007 wrote: »
    Just started keto today! Im 25.f.322lbs. We got this!!

It's so encouraging to be in touch with others starting at the same time!
  • Linz1u
    Options
    wesheets wrote: »
    Also on Keto. I think if we all stick together and offer support we can bust past the first month or two when many give up weight loss goals. Would be great to show support and share successes!

Yes I agree! When did you start?
  • Linz1u
    Options
    klrmlr wrote: »
    Hi - I'm Alison. I started Keto on January 1st and I've lost 10 pounds since then. Started around 330. Would love some support!!

Way to go!!! I'm anxious to report a 10lb loss!
  • Linz1u
    Options
    UMDavies wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Maeve and I've been keto since June 2015 - absolutely loving it and it's changed my life (no exaggeration!). There's a great keto group on here and also a low carb group with lots of lovely supportive people if you're interested -

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1143-keto

Best of luck!

Wow thanks for the info! I had trouble finding the best groups.
  • Linz1u
    Options
    stampnrobn wrote: »
    Hi! I'm Robin and I started Keto January 18, 2016. I started at 360 lbs and as of Sunday I have lost 13.4 pounds. So far so good but I know I will need support on the bad days!

That's amazing Robin! Have you experienced any bad days?
  • Linz1u
    Options
    lleimbach1 wrote: »
    Another Lindsey here. Started keto again today and it's probably my 15th time. I'll be losing the 10 lbs or so that I gained over the holidays and then maintaining weight while adding muscle and losing fat. I'll be joining the power lifting team at my gym :smile:

Hi Lindsey! What's your goal weight?
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    UMDavies wrote: »
    There's a great keto group on here and also a low carb group with lots of lovely supportive people if you're interested -

Yes, this ^^^^!! It's a very warm, welcoming and supportive group where most of us Ketofiles hang out so stop by and say hello! :)
  • lleimbach1
    lleimbach1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Linz1u wrote: »
    lleimbach1 wrote: »

Hi Lindsey! What's your goal weight?

I don't really have a goal weight since I'll be gaining muscle. My goal is 17-18% bf and grow my booty :wink:
  • wesheets
    wesheets Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if having PCOS is my problem or what. I did try to join the closed group posted above but never received a response. I'm sure it's a lag but I'll just post my concern here. Pipe in if you have ideas.

Hold on to you seats, it's not a pretty picture. So, I began Keto on the first January Monday-like January 6. At first I lost 6 lbs and that saying something since I was having Hershey kisses at night and yes I logged them! Then, I knew that had to stop and a positive side affect of this diet is the cravings subside which are pretty intense for PCOS chicks. So quitting the kisses was a good thing. I added more water as well and am driving a good 72 oz with more when I can plus two cups of coffee per day. Now, after week 2 I really buckled down. I had used a TDEE calculator to determine my ratio. When I started it said 2100 for my starting weight (5'7" and 221) and so I rejiggered and instead of the conservative deficit of 15% which allotted me 1800 calories I took it all the way down to 35% and my new calories is 1309. I adjusted my rations which I'm still struggling with some. I DO strive for under 40 NET carbs each day and that has been a positive. Remember, my barbs were like 70 when I was losing. Now that I'm down this far I'm freaking gaining weight. My lowest weight two Sunday's ago was 212. I was stoked! Next day? Woke up to 214. Next day 215.....and stayed there for a week. Then up to 216, back down to 215....and this morning 217. I must say I want to cry. Others who have started when I did are down 20 lbs. yes I was eating one thing out of turn for a few days and losing but now I'm here. What gives!? I want to quit. I haven't but want to. It's not fair. This is supposed to work. Please help.
  • MindyLeeder
    MindyLeeder Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I have been doing the ketogenic diet since Jan. 25th, 2016 and I am loving it! I would like to hear how other people are experiencing this lifestyle and what your weight loss journey has been like so far. If you have any tips or recipes you would like to share I would love to read those too! I have lost 9lbs so far and I am very pleased. :-D