The New "No more late night snacks challenge"

Options

Replies

• dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    wlhanisch, this makes 2 of us on day 1. It's about time I join this challenge, isn't it? So I am baaaack :drinker: I had a bit too long inertia after New Year's. And did so well over the holidays :ohwell:

Zaza, thank you so so so much :flowerforyou: for being supportive and setting a good example. It would be a shame not to join you in this journey, even if it were for the simple reason that I so much enjoy your company. :) And wlhanisch and kristine_23 and the others who fought with us in the old thread :love:

As for restarting, to make things look like a new beginning, I will also keep track of my off-to-bed time :). I have probs with not staying up late, so here's my plan:

food cut-off time: *8 p.m*. (7 when possible, 9 when going out)
    bed time: *11 p.m.* (11:30 at most) - let's see if I can do it
  • tparkin
    tparkin Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm waaaaay late on joining this one...but I'm in for 7:30p.m.!!!
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    dewpearl, I KNOW you can do it!!! Stay with us.

Welcome also to tparkin!!

For those of you who started this challenge with me on Jan. 5 and haven't cheated, last night was Day 7!!!! I had lost track of the days, and 7 consecutive days is quite an acoomplishment. Congratulations!!!:drinker:

If you fell off the wagon and had to start over at Day 1, please do not be discouraged. There's a lot of days left in the month and anyone could still "win" this competition on Jan. 31. Besides, any night we don't indulge, we're all winners. But, if you have that competitive streak, I intend to start a new challenge on Feb. 1 and we'll start again at Day 1.

For now, let's see who can go the longest without late night snacking. Good luck everyone!!!
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    It's been a hard day. I'm feeling hungry a lot of the day. :frown:
    I'm drinking my water - I think my glass will be overflowing when I journal - I know it will. I just want to snack and I'm fighting it. :noway: Hopefully this will by my 8th success night. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I'll be back later for the update and "announcement of my battle won"!
    Esther
  • zaza54
    Options
    I hope you won Esther! I've been tempted tonight, but this challeneg kept me on the straight and narrow. I'm going to bed now so I made it through Day 8. Good night.:yawn:
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I made it through day 8 for the no night challenge but ... I went over in my calories. I know this is not the norm for me so tomorrow is a new day and I can start over with staying within the 1200 calories.
    Hope everyone has a great evening.
    Esther
  • tuxedo702
    Options
    I'm late but I'm in! I'll do 9:00.
  • dewpearl
    Options
    smiley-happy036.gif Day 1 is behind me1 YEEAY smiley-happy093.gif (not much, but alot to me) please don't ask what time I went to bed, though :embarassed:
  • dewpearl
    Options
    dewpearl, I KNOW you can do it!!! Stay with us.

If you fell off the wagon and had to start over at Day 1, please do not be discouraged. There's a lot of days left in the month and anyone could still "win" this competition on Jan 31.

Aw, this came by surprise. Somebody should have told me smiley-angry031.gif

On a second thought... smiley-angry028.gif, it's best this way. I would have joined anyhow :wink:
    But, if you have that competitive streak, I intend to start a new challenge on Feb. 1 and we'll start again at Day 1.

Competitive alright. But not Day 1, pleeeaaaase :glasses:

:love: ya all for the determination you're showing.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    One week and I have only ate after 8PM once. :smile:
    I think it's safe to say things are going well.
  • Violet_Mist
    Options
    I'm joining too! I go to bed at 9:00....so I will make my cut-off time 6:00.
  • kitteerae
    Options
    I would love to join as well, it has been 1 week and i haven't ate anything past six except for last night!!
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Yeah DEWPEARL.... nice to see you back!!!!!

I made through last night! One day down and several days yet to go.

Wanda
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Day one down ! I have never made it passed two days so hopefully this time around I'll do better.
  • dewpearl
    Options
    YEAH! Day 2 ticked. :happy:

Wanda, thanks, it's been good to see you to - you are inspiring (the competitive spirit in me cries "she's doing it" :laugh: )

kirstina, nice that you discovered this new thread. It's good to have you with us. Just pleeease don't be too hard on yourself :wink: . I'm sure you CAN do it! :flowerforyou:

1-week-ers , I am impressed! :flowerforyou: No way I can catch you :noway: , but will sure be trying :glasses:
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I knew it was going to be a very busy day an I knew I wouldn't be going to bed until midnight or later so I had to adjust my time.... I gave my self until 9:00.
    I never did have a late night snack.... I just didn't get supper until 8:20!!!!
    Happy first day back at college for me:ohwell:

Tonight will be normal..... Tomorrow will be a late one again.....
    1st day back at college and 10 papers to write by tomorrow.
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Day two down hopefully tonight will go just as well.
  • zaza54
    Options
    Tonight is Day 10.:happy: I can't believe it. I just got back from the movies and had nothing but water. I really want something. I guess I better just grab some water and get upstairs, far from the kitchen!!
    Hope everyone is hanging in there. Will touch base tomorrow.
    Zaza
  • dewpearl
    Options
    Tonight is Day 10.:happy: I can't believe it. I just got back from the movies and had nothing but water.

Wo:noway: ow. Well done :flowerforyou: !!!

I'm past Day 3 - I think I ate past 8 yday, about 8:30 (donno for sure, cos we were out and I waited for my food, then waited forever to pay, and it was 9 when I left, but didn't check my watch when I finished eating :smile: ). Considering that I avoided the temptation to snack once home, this really deserves to be seen as Day 3 :drinker: .

Good luck everyone, Zaza, you are doing great!!! :flowerforyou:
  • zaza54
    Options
    dewpearl, I agree with you. When you are out, adjustments have to be made. That's why I have a different cut-off for special occasions/week-ends.

My weight has been a yo-yo since I have been bad about logging calories and inconsistent with exercise. :grumble: So this challenge is saving me.:happy:

I hope everyone else is experiencing success. Keep us posted, especially if you're having difficulty. We're all here to help each other.
    Zaza