Fitbit Calorie Adjustment - multiple entries shown

Options
2»

Replies

• fraserkr
    fraserkr Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hi auntie. If you're synchronising your fitbit multiple times during the day, you will get multiple entries. You don't need to delete them, mfp will handle the cumulative count itself. I avoid this by synching once before bed, having a good idea through the day of my calorie balance.

I've had a FitBit ZIP since Sep'14; the multiple fitbit adjustments ARE errors. there should be only one adjustment each day no matter how often your FitBit device syncs. At least that's how it worked up until recently. AND the multiple adjustments don't happen regularly. I just delete the extraneous adjustments.
  • fraserkr
    Options
    Hi, I don't have this problem with my new Fitbit Charge HR but neither my husband nor I can work out how the fitbit calorie adjustment in MFP actually works. We have read the Learn More page that talks about projected calorie adjustment based on instantaneous synced values etc but it doesn't make a lot of sense. Can anybody tell me how it actually works in MFP? For example Goal 1200 Food 850 Exercise 61. The 61 is a Fitbit Calorie Adjustment but I did a gym class that shows up on my Fitbit as 187 calories. I don't get it. Please help. Thank you.

@southheadstef estimated calories burned according to MFP and FitBit aren't identical. So MFP adjusts your calorie burn to equal what FitBit estimates for the day. when you click on the "i" in a circle next to fitbit adjustment on exercise page, it will show you calorie burn according to MFP and according to FitBit.
  • angemayberry
    angemayberry Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ditto. Fix it!
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    This just started today for me. Since I use mapmyfitness to keep tabs on my calorie burn, I never cared that myfitnesspal was not showing any Fitbit calorie adjustment until now. I am just deleting that adjustment whenever it shows up but each time it shows up, it's increased by about 200 calories. It started with a 400ish calorie adjustment, then 600ish and now 800+ calories. Just weird behavior. While getting those kind of extra calories every day would be wonderful, somehow I don't think the scale would agree.
  • fraserkr
    Options
    note this posting : MyFitnessPal | Not Seeing Exercise Adjustment or Steps ... http://bit.ly/1JYg0wT
  • treegirl97
    treegirl97 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I've noticed this happening to me as well so I have to check the previous day's stats every morning to see if they're accurate. I've also encountered a more annoying issue where I'll have a fitbit calorie adjustment of 400 or 500 calories which is consistent when I go to bed and when I recheck that entry the following morning. At some point during the day, the fitbit adjustment for the previous day somehow changes to be a huge defecit (~300 calories) so it looks like I consumed way more calories than i should have for that day. This is completely throwing off my weekly stats.
  • southheadstef
    southheadstef Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    fraserkr wrote: »
    Hi, I don't have this problem with my new Fitbit Charge HR but neither my husband nor I can work out how the fitbit calorie adjustment in MFP actually works. We have read the Learn More page that talks about projected calorie adjustment based on instantaneous synced values etc but it doesn't make a lot of sense. Can anybody tell me how it actually works in MFP? For example Goal 1200 Food 850 Exercise 61. The 61 is a Fitbit Calorie Adjustment but I did a gym class that shows up on my Fitbit as 187 calories. I don't get it. Please help. Thank you.

@southheadstef estimated calories burned according to MFP and FitBit aren't identical. So MFP adjusts your calorie burn to equal what FitBit estimates for the day. when you click on the "i" in a circle next to fitbit adjustment on exercise page, it will show you calorie burn according to MFP and according to FitBit.
    fraserkr wrote: »

• southheadstef
    southheadstef Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the answer, fraserkr! I will sort it out eventually...